- Volume 30 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Appropriateness of the Combustible Properties of MSDS for o-Cresol
오토크레졸의 MSDS 연소특성치의 적정성 연구
- Ha, Dong-Myeong (Department of Occupational Health and Safety Engineering, Semyung University)
- 하동명 (세명대학교 보건안전공학과)
- Received : 2015.02.04
- Accepted : 2015.03.11
- Published : 2015.04.30
For the safe handling of o-cresol, this study was investigated the explosion limits of o-cresol in the reference data. The flash points and AITs(auto-ignition temperatures) by ignition delay time were experimented. The lower flash points of o-cresol by using closed-cup tester were experimented in
o-cresol;flash point;explosion limit;autoignition temperature(AIT);ASTM E659
- D.A. Crowl and J.F. Louvar, "Chemical Process Safety Fundamentals with Application", 2nd ed., Pearson Education Inc., 2002.
- F.P. Lees, "Loss Prevention in the Process Industries", Vol. 2, 2nd ed., Butterworth-Heinemann, 1996.
- R.H. Perry and D.W. Green, "Perry's Chemical Engineers' Handbook", 7th ed., McGraw-Hill, 1997.
- D.R. Lide, "Handbook Chemistry and Physics", 76th ed., CRC Press, 1996.
- NFPA, "Fire Hazard Properties of Flammable Liquid, Gases, and Volatile Solids", NFPA 325M, NFPA, 1991.
- R.E Lenga. and K.L. Votoupal, "The Sigma Aldrich Library of Regulatory and Safety Data, Volume I - III", Sigma Chemical Company and Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., 1993.
- V. Babrauskas, "Ignition Handbook", Fire Science Publishers, SFPE, 2003.
- R.J. Lewis, "SAX's Dangerous Properties of Industrial Materials", 11th ed., John Wiley & Son, Inc., N.J. 2004.
- KOSHA, /www.kosha.or.kr/msds/msdsMain.do?menuId=69
- E.W. Flick, "Industrial Solvent Handbook", 3rd. ed., Noyes, Data Corp., Park Ridge, N.J., 1985.
- C.J. Hilado and S.W. Clark, "Autoignition Temperature of Organic Chemicals", Chemical Engineering, Vol. 4, pp.75-80, 1972.
- M. Sheldon, "Understanding Auto-ignition Temperature", Fire Engineering J., June. pp. 27-32, 1984.
- D.M. Ha,"The Measurement of Fire and Explosion Properties of n-Pentadecane", J. of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 53-57, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2013.28.4.053
- D.M. Ha, "The Measurement of Combustible Characteristics of n-Undecane", J. of the Korean Institute of Fire Sci. & Eng., Vol. 27, No. 2, pp.11-17, 2013.
- J. Gmehing, U. Onken and W. Arlt, "Vapor-Liquid Equilibrium Data Collection", DECHEMA, 1980.
- D.M. Ha, "Risk Assessment by means of Measurement of Combustible Characteristics for n-Noanol", J. of the Korean Institute of Fire Sci. & Eng., Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 84-89, 2012.
- N.N. Semenov, "Some Problems in Chemical Kinetics and Reactivity, Vol. 2", Princeton University Press, Princeton, N.J., 1959.