- Volume 30 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Deterioration Characteristics for Connection Factor used in Grounding System
접지시스템에 사용되는 접속요소의 열화특성 분석
- Gil, Hyoung-Jun (Electrical Safety Research Institute) ;
- Shong, Kil-Mok (Electrical Safety Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Young-Seok (Electrical Safety Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Chong-Min (Electrical Safety Research Institute)
- Received : 2014.12.30
- Accepted : 2015.03.12
- Published : 2015.04.30
This paper describes the analysis of deterioration characteristics for connection factor used in grounding system. The connection method of grounding system is specified in IEC standard. In order to analyze the deterioration characteristics for connection factor, deterioration test was carried out when the connection factor was buried in salt water and underground. The test connection factors were C-type sleeve, clamp, and exothermic welding. As a consequence, most of the connection factor was corroded, and the electrical resistance decreased after deterioration. The analytical results can be used to establish the safety of grounding system.
deterioration characteristics;connection factor;grounding system;electrical resistance
- B. H. Lee et al., "Protection of Information and Communication Facilities against Lightning", Inha University, pp.197-221, 2004.
- B. H. Lee et al., "Development of Guidance for Human Body Safety and Protection Measures in TN-C-S System", Korea Electric Association, pp.8-45, 2006.
- H. J. Gil, D. O. Kim and C. S. Choi, "Research on Assessment of Potential Interference between Individual Grounding Electrodes Using an Electrolytic Tank Modeling Method", The Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol.22, No.3, pp.27-33, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2008.22.3.027
- IEEE Std 80-2000, "IEEE Guide for Safety in AC Substation Grounding", pp.8-29, 2000.
- IEEE Std 81.2-1991, "IEEE Guide for Measurement of Impedance and Safety Characteristics of Large, Extended or Interconnected Grounding Systems", pp.20-64, 1991.
- IEC 61140, "Protection against Electric Shock - Common Aspects for Installation and Equipment", pp.31-175, 2001.
- S. Visacro and A. Soares, "HEM : A Model for Simulation of Lightning-Related Engineering Problems", pp.1206-1208, 2005.
- H. J. Gil, D. W. Kim, D. O. Kim and H. K. Kim, "Investigation on the Spot for Grounding Systems in Buildings", Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol.24, No.3 pp.39-45, 2010.
- Korean Standards Association, "KS C IEC 60364", 2005.
- Korean Standards Association, "KS C IEC 62305-3", 2012.