- Volume 30 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Stability Analysis of Counterbalanced Forklift Trucks
카운터밸런스형 지게차에서의 안정도 해석
- Kim, Jae Beom (Department of Safety Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Shin, Woonchul (Department of Safety Research, Occupational Safety and Health Research Institute, KOSHA) ;
- Park, Jai Hak (Department of Safety Engineering, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2015.02.02
- Accepted : 2015.04.10
- Published : 2015.04.30
Forklift truck is a very convenient transportation vehicle and widely used in industries. However, a lot of overturn accidents occur during operation because of poor understanding on the stability of forklift trucks. The stability of a forklift is defined by the minimum slope of the ramp where a forklift truck overturns. According to the KS BISO 22915-2 code, the stability is determined from the four kinds of stability tests. The equations for the stability of a forklift truck were proposed already in several published literatures and the equations can be used conveniently to estimate the stability and examine the effects of design parameters in forklift trucks. However, because the detail derivation procedure was omitted, it is very difficult to examine the accuracy of the proposed equations and to modify the equations for other types of forklift trucks. In this paper the stability equations were derived again with detail derivations for the four kinds of stability tests. And the effects of acceleration or centrifugal forces were also additionally included in the equations and minor corrections were also made.
forklift truck;stability analysis;stability triangle;overturn
Supported by : 충북대학교
- KOSHA, Cause Analysis of Occupational Fatal Accidents in 2013, KOSHA Report, 2014.
- KOSHA, Cause Analysis of Occupational Accidents in 2006-2013, KOSHA Reports, 2006-2013.
- K. D. Jeon, N. J. Seong, C. W. Yoon, S. H. Lee, "Consideration on Stability of a Forklift Truck", Daewoo Report, Vol. 28, 1993, pp. 6-17.
- Y. K. Park, "Study on the Analysis and Prevention of Industrial Accident for Forklift", Myongji University Graduate School, Ph.D. Thesis, 2003.
- S. Han, "A Study on Safety Measures through Analyzing the Cause of Accidents in Forklift", Seoul National University of Science and Technology, Master Thesis, 2012.
- D. S. Park, K. H. Choi and J. S. Kim, "A Study on the Safety Management and Countermeasures for Transport Machines", OSHRI Report, KOSHA, 2004.
- J. H. Park and W. C. Shin, "Case Analysis and Comparative Study of International Standards for Forklift Trucks and Others", OSHRI Report, KOSHA, 2012.
- W. C. Shin, H. S. Rhee and J. H. Park, "Proposed Revision of Standard on Articles for Forklift Trucks in Manufacturing Industries", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 33-37, 2013.
- Y. N. Lee, S. J. Park and H. R. Cheong, "Forklift Safety Accident Analysis using an Accelerometer", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 28, No. 7, pp. 63-67, 2013.
- J. M. Chae, "A Study on Safety Improvement of Forklift Truck", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 91-96, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2013.28.4.091
- J. Lambert et al., "Forklift Stability and other Technical Safety Issues", Accident Research Centre Report, Monash University, Australia, 2013.
- Korea Ministry of Land and Transport, Act on the Safety Standards of Construction Equipments, 2013.
- KS BISO 22915-1, Industrial Trucks - Verification of Stability - Part 1: General, 2010.
- KS BISO 22915-2, Industrial Trucks - Verification of Stability - Part 2: Counterbalanced Trucks with Mast, 2010.
- Occupational Safety and Health Standards, Power industrial trucks (Standard number: 1910.178), 2013.
- J. B. Kim, "Stability Evaluation of Counterbalanced Forklift Truck", Chungbuk National University, Master Thesis, 2014.
- KS B6585:2001, Forklift Trucks , 2001.