- Volume 26 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Study on GO Dispersion of PC/GO Composites according to In-situ Polymerization Method
In-situ 중합방법에 따른 폴리카보네이트(PC)/그래핀 옥사이드(GO) 복합체의 GO 분산성 연구
- Lee, Bom Yi (Major in Polymer Science and Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Park, Ju Young (Major in Polymer Science and Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Kim, Youn Cheol (Major in Polymer Science and Engineering, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2015.03.16
- Accepted : 2015.04.13
- Published : 2015.06.10
Three different types of polycarbonate (PC)/graphene oxide (GO) composites using diphenyl carbonate as a monomer were fabricated by melt polymerization. Those were the PC/GO composite (PC/GO) using a twin extruder, in-situ PC/GO composite (PC/GO-cat.) using a catalyst, and in-situ PC/GO composite (PC/GO-COCl) using a GO-COCl treated by -COCl, Chemical structures of the composites were confirmed by C-H and C=O stretching peak at
Polycarbonate;Melt polymerization;Catalyst;GO modification
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- E. Hammel, X. Tang, M. Trampert, T. Schmitt, K. Mauthner, A. Eder, and P. Potschke, Carbon nanofibers for composite applications, Carbon, 42, 1153-1158 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbon.2003.12.043
- J.-C. Huang, Carbon black filled conducting polymers and polymer blends, Advances in Polymer Technology, 21, 299-313 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1002/adv.10025
- S. Stankovich, D. A. Dikin, G. H. B. Dommett, K. M. Kohlhaas, E. J. Zimney, E. A. Stach, R. D. Piner, S. T. Nguyen, and P. S. Ruoff, Graphene-based composite materials, Nature, 442, 282-286 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1038/nature04969
- P. J. Yoon, D. L. Hunter, and D. R. Paul, Polycarbonate nanocomposites. Part 1. Effect of organoclay structure on morphology and properties, Polymer, 44, 5323-5339 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0032-3861(03)00528-7
- S. J. Choi, K. H. Yoon, I. H. Hwang, C. Y. Lee, H. S. Kim, S. Y. Yoo, and Y. C. Kim, Effect of solvent extraction on the low molecular weight and volatile organic compounds of polycarbonate, Appl. Chem. Eng., 21, 532-536 (2010).
- M. Yoonessi and J. R. Gaier, Highly conductive multifunctional graphene polycarbonate nanocomposites, ACS Nano, 12, 7211-7220 (2010).
- J. R. Potts, S. Murali, Y. Zhu, X. Zhao, and R. S. Ruoff, Microwave-exfoliated graphite oxide/polycarbonate composites, Macromolecules, 44, 6488-6495 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1021/ma2007317
- Y. T. Sung and W. N. Kim, Properties of polymer/carbon nanotube composites, Prospectives of Industrial Chemistry, 9, 37-43 (2006).
- S. Yun, H. Im, and J. Kim, Dispersity and electro-conductivity of PU grafted MWCNT/PU composite via simple blending method, Appl. Chem. Eng., 21, 500-504 (2010).
- A. S. Wajid, H. S. T. Ahmed, S. Das, F. Irin, A. F. Jankowski, and M. J. Green, High-performance pristine graphene/epoxy composites with enhanced mechanical and electrical properties, Macromol. Mater. Eng., 298, 339-347 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1002/mame.201200043
- Z. Liu, J. Liu, L. Cui, R. Wang, X. Luo, C. J. Barrow, and W. Yang, Preparation of graphene/polymer composites by direct exfoliation of graphite in functionalised block copolymer matrix, Carbon, 51, 148-155 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbon.2012.08.023
- C. N. R. Rao, A. K. Sood, K. S. Subrahmanyam, and A. Govindaraj, Graphene: the new two-dimensional nanomaterial, Angew. Che. Int. Ed., 48, 7752-7777 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1002/anie.200901678
- B. Y. Zhu, S. Murali, W. Cai, X. Li, J. W. Suk, J. R. Potts, and R. S. Ruoff, Graphene and graphene oxide: synthesis, properties, and applications, Adv. Mater., 22, 3906-3924 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1002/adma.201001068
- A. Yasmin, J.-J. Luo, and I. M. Daniel, Processing of expanded graphite reinforced polymer nanocomposites, Compos. Sci. Technol., 66, 1182-1189 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compscitech.2005.10.014
- S. T. Kim and H. J. Choi, Synthesis and characterization of multi-walled carbon nanotube/poly(methyl methacrylate) composites prepared by in-situ dispersion polymerization, Applied Chemistry, 9, 13-16 (2005).
- P. Ding, S. Su, N. Song, S. Tang, Y. Liu, and L. Shi, Highly thermal conductive composites with polyamide-6 covalently-grafted graphene by an in situ polymerization and thermal reduction process, Carbon, 66, 576-584 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbon.2013.09.041
- B. Shen, W. Zhai, M. Tao, D. Lu, and W. Zheng, Enhanced interfacial interaction between polycarbonate and thermally reduced graphene induced by melt blending, Compos. Sci. Technol., 86, 109-116 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compscitech.2013.07.007
- D. J. Lohse, S. T. Milner, L. J. Fetters, and M. Xenidou, and M. K. Lyon, Well-defined, model long chain branched polyethylene. 2. Melt rheological behavior, Macromolecules, 35, 3066-3075 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1021/ma0117559