- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Awareness of Oral Health Workforce on the National Health Insurance Coverage of Topical Fluoride Application
구강보건인력의 전문가불소도포 건강보험 급여화에 대한 인식
- Received : 2014.12.24
- Accepted : 2015.01.21
- Published : 2015.02.28
The purpose of this study is to identify the awareness of oral health workforce and the attitude concerning the health insurance benefit on topical fluoride application. The subjects are 173 dentists and 288 dental hygienists. The data were collected using a self-administered questionnaire and analyzed using SPSS 12.0 statistical program. The findings of the study were as follows: Agree's (including strongly agree) ratios regarding to the health insurance benefit of topical fluoride application was 92.5% for dentists and 90.8% for dental hygienists. Appropriate age of health insurance benefit about the topical fluoride application was elementary, middle and high school students (8~19 years). This response ratio was high 45.7% for dentists and 43.2% for dental hygienists. Appropriate copayment (mean value) of health insurance about topical fluoride application coverage showed that NaF,
Dental care;Health insurance;Topical fluorides
- Ministry of Health and Welfare: Advanced analysis of Korean national oral health survey. Ministry of Health and Welfare, Seoul, pp.61-67, 2010.
- Lynch RJ, Navada R, Walia R: Low-levels of fluoride in plaque and saliva and their effects on the demineralisation and remineralisation of enamel; role of fluoride toothpastes. Int Dent J 54: 304-309, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1875-595X.2004.tb00003.x
- Ministry of Health and Welfare: 2011 Guideline for water fluoridation program. Ministry of Health and Welfare, Seoul, p.73, 2009.
- Paik DI, Kim HD, Jin BH, et al.: Clinical preventive dentistry. 5th ed. Komoonsa, Seoul, pp.221-254, 2011.
- Ham MY: Caries prevention effect on fluoride topical application and mouth rinsing. Unpublished master's thesis, Dankook University, Seoul, 2005.
- Eom HS: A study on division of roles between public and private medical insurances. Unpublished master's thesis, Sogang University, Seoul, 2004.
- Han JH, Kim YS: A study on awareness of the dental health insurance coverage. J Dent Hyg Sci 8: 65-71, 2008.
- Han JH: A study on priority-setting in expanding the dental health insurance coverage. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Hanyang University, Seoul, 2007.
- Oh JE: A study on consumer's consciousness and satisfaction of the medical insurance. Unpublished master's thesis, Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul, 1994.
- Kwon HK, Kim YN, Chung KH, Song KB, Park DY: The financing estimation study for the Korean elderly's denture service under the national health insurance coverage. J Korean Acad Oral Health 23: 347-356, 2003.
- Lee YS: The research on the plan for insurance payment in some item of prevention service of the oral disease. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Wonju, 2002.
- Kim JK: Priority-setting in expanding the basic benefit package in Korean National Health Insurance Scheme. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Yonsei University, Seoul, 2004.
- Kwon HK, Choi YH, Choi CH: The baseline study for insurance coverage of preventive treatment item on Korea National Health Insurance. J Korean Acad Oral Health 26: 271-281, 2002.
- Park CH, Han MH, Kim JY, Suh NK: A study on people's awareness for development of health insurance service. National Health Insurance Service, Seoul, 2003.
- Health Insurance Review and Assessment Service: Fissure sealing [Internet]. Retrieved December 14, 2011, from: http://www.hira.or.kr/co/search.do?(2009, November 30).
- Kim JB, Choi YJ, Moon HS, et al.: Public health dentistry. 5th ed. Komoonsa, Seoul, pp.642-643, 231-232, 2011.
- Kim JH, Hwang JM, Seong JM, Park YD: Awareness and needs about national health insurance coverage of pit and fissure sealants of dental service providers and consumers in the metropolitan area. J Korean Acad Oral Health 33: 608-616, 2009.
Chin-Ying SH, Xiaoli G, Jisheng P, Wefel JS: Effects of
$CO_2$laser on fluoride uptake in enamel. J Dent 32: 161-167, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdent.2003.10.004