- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Correlation between Conflict Level within the Organization and Job Satisfaction of the Dental Hygienist
치과위생사의 조직 내 갈등수준과 직무만족도간의 관련성
Jeong, Sun-Rak;Jang, Ji-Eon
- Received : 2014.11.03
- Accepted : 2015.01.18
- Published : 2015.02.28
This research was attempted in order to investigate the correlation of the conflict level and job satisfaction of the dental hygienists in the dental clinic agency. The subjects were 249 dental hygienists working with more than five dental hygienists at dental clinics in Daegu, eight dental clinics were randomly chosen, the researcher visited them personally and the data was obtained by self-administrated questionnaires from March 2 to March 31, 2011. In conclusion, the higher ages, monthly income and total career were, the higher levels of conflict were, and job satisfaction was significantly high when monthly income and total career were higher. Correlation between level of conflict and job satisfaction showed as level of conflict are lower, job satisfaction was significantly high. Regression analysis of the factors affecting job satisfaction, it was significantly high as monthly income was higher, friction of view and ignorance was lower. Therefore, the conflict level is reduced, the job satisfaction degree of the dental hygienist is enhanced, the dental hygienist duty efficiency is enhanced and dental service of the good quality is provided.
Conflict level;Dental hygienists;Job satisfaction
- Choi EY: Study on the job satisfaction and organizational commitment of the dental hygienist. Unpubished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul, 2001.
- Heo SE: The effect of job stress on burn-out and intention to change a job for dental hygienists. Unpubished master's thesis, Inje University, Busan, 2010.
- Jang BJ, Hong SS, Kim JY, Jeong SH, Song KB: Job satisfaction of the nurse aides engaged in the private dental clinic. J Korean Dent Assoc 42: 717-725, 2004.
- Locker D: Work stress, job satisfaction and emotional well-being among canadian dental assistants. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 24: 133-137, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0528.1996.tb00830.x
- Kracher C, Steinhaus CS: Dental assistant of indiana: comments from the front lines. J Indiana Dental Assoc 78: 36-40, 1999.
- Jung JO, Song GS: A study on job stress and job satisfaction of dental hygienists working in dental clinics. J Dent Hyg Sci 8: 305-312, 2008.
- Kim YS, Park HS: A study on work environment and job satisfaction of dental hygienists in Daegu and Gyeongsangbuk- do. J Dent Hyg Sci 12: 600-606, 2012.
- Lee SS: Original article: professionalism and job satisfaction in dental hygienists. J Dent Hyg Sci 13: 535-542, 2013.
- Son GO, Kim JG, Kim DG: Study on interpersonal conflict in task activity of dental hygienist. J Korean Acad Oral Health 31: 94-95, 2007.
- Kwon DI: Study on the conflict of social organization workers. Unpubished master's thesis, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul, 2001.
- Jang GY: A study on the influence of the employee's conflict level on their job satisfaction and commitment at sanatoriums for the aged. Unpubished master's thesis, Silla University, Busan, 2006.
- Herzberg F, Mausner B, Snyderman B: The motivation to work. 2nd ed. Wiley, New York, 1959.
- Kim YS: A study of the effects of job satisfaction and job change in the organization of information security professionals conflict level. Unpubished master's thesis, Korea University, Seoul, 2013.
- Kang HJ: The influences of career education & guidance teacher's professional recognition and organizational conflicts on job satisfaction and job involvement. Unpubished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul, 2012.
- Kang JY: The effect of interpersonal conflict in hospital organization on organization immersion and turnover intention : focused on dental hospitals and clinics. Unpubished master's thesis, Keimyung University, Daegu, 2009.
- Kang BW: Study on the causal factors of the organizational commitment: Korean dental hygienists case. Unpubished master's thesis, Kyonggi University, Suwon, 2000.
- Walton RE, Dutton JM: The management of interdepartmental conflict. A model and review. Adm Sci Q 14: 79-90, 1969.
- Smith PC, Kendal R, Hulin CL: The measurement of satisfaction in work and behavior. 1st ed. Raud Mcnally, Chicago, 1969.
- Kim HM: Studies on the effects of social organization: based on dual goal approch. Unpubished doctoral dissertation, Yonsei University, Seoul, 1993.
- Goek YH: Study on the effects of job satisfaction of senior social worker welfare in private operating conditions. Unpubished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, 1997.
- Kim JK: A study of relationships among conflict, job satisfaction, and organizational commitment on general hospitals. J Acad Nurs Admin 13: 421-430, 2007.
- Park HM: Analysis of the job satisfaction, work-family conflict and turnover intention of dental health care worker. J Health Serv Manag 7: 191-203, 2013.
- Jeong SH, Seo YG, Son UY, Choi YH, Song GB: Analysis of job satisfaction and related factors of dental auxiliaries. J Korean Acad of Oral Health 29: 281-292, 2005.
- Oh JS: Study on the factors affecting the job satisfaction of dental hygienists in Korea. Unpubished doctoral dissertation, Chosun University, Gwangju, 2001.
- Kim GJ: Study on interpersonal conflict factor of social workers. J Korean Acad Soc Work 3: 101-102, 2004.
- Lee MJ, Choi MG: Difference of conflict levels of nurses and nurse-aids against doctors. J Health Serv Manag 12: 4844- 4851, 2011.
- Jung KH, Park DY, Lee SY: A study of relationships between organizational communication satisfaction and organizational conflict among nurses. J Health Serv Manag 6: 165-176, 2012.
- The effect influence of job satisfaction on turnover intention in dental hygienists vol.16, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.02.303