- Volume 10 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Voltage Measurement Accuracy Assessment System for Distribution Equipment of Smart Distribution Network
- Cho, Jintae ;
- Kwon, Seong-chul ;
- Kim, Jae-Han ;
- Won, Jong-Nam ;
- Cho, Seong-Soo ;
- Kim, Juyong
- Received : 2014.11.04
- Accepted : 2015.01.02
- Published : 2015.05.01
A new system for evaluating the voltage management errors of distribution equipment is presented in this paper. The main concept of the new system is to use real distribution live-line voltage to evaluate and correct the voltage measurement data from distribution equipment. This new approach is suitable for a new Distribution Management System (DMS) which has been developed for a distribution power system due to the connection of distributed generation growth. The data from distribution equipment that is installed at distribution lines must be accurate for the performance of the DMS. The proposed system is expected to provide a solution for voltage measurement accuracy assessment for the reliable and efficient operation of the DMS. An experimental study on actual distribution equipment verifies that this voltage measurement accuracy assessment system can assess and calibrate the voltage measurement data from distribution equipment installed at the distribution line.
Voltage measurement;Distribution equipment;Field test;Performance assessment
- I.K. Song, W.W. Jung and C.M. Chu, “General and Simple Decision Method for DG Penetration Level in View of Voltage Regulation at Distribution Substation Transformers,” Energies, vol. 6, pp.4786-4798, 2013. https://doi.org/10.3390/en6094786
- S.Y. Yun, S.C. Kwon, “Development of Load Estimator and Power Flow Program for Smart Distribution Management System,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Electrical Engineering, ICEE, 2011.
- S. Y. Yun, C. M. Chu and S. C. Kwon, “The Development Empirical Evaluation of the Korea Smart Distribution Management System,” Energies, Vol. 7, pp. 1332-1362, 2014. https://doi.org/10.3390/en7031332
- D. M. Parker, N. D. McCollough, "Medium-voltage Sensors for the Smart Grid: Lessons learned," in Proceedings of IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting, IEEE, pp.1-7, 2011.
- Live working − Voltage detectors − part 2: Resistive type to be used for voltages of 1kV to 36kV, IEC std. 61243-2, 2002.
- A. H. Luxa, A. B. Mueller and T. J. Noble, “Sensors and Non-conventional VT and CT for Medium Voltage Switchgear,” in Proceedings of International conference on Trends in Distribution Switchgear, IEEE, pp.173-180, 1998.
- B.N. Ha, S.W. Lee and C.H. Shin, “ Development of Intelligent Distribution Automation System,” in Proceedings of IEEE Transmission & Distribution & Exposition : ASIA and Pacific, 2009.
- J. Cho, J, Kim and I. K. Song, “Development and Performance of Voltage Measurement Accuracy Assessment System for Smart Distribution Network,” in Proceedings of International Conference on Electrical Engineering, ICEE, 2014.
- Live working −Portable phase comparators for use on voltages from 1kV to 36kV, IEC std. 61481, 2004.
- Live working −Insulation foam-filled tubes and solid rods − Part 1: Tubes and rods of a circular cross-section, IEC std. 60855-1, 2009.
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) − Part 4-2: Testing and measurement techniques − Electrostatic discharge immunity test, IEC std. 61000-4-2, 2008.