- Volume 5 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Pedagogical Issues of Performance Oriented Digital Design - Focused on Kinetic Facade Design -
성능지향적 디지털 설계의 교육방법론 연구 - 키네틱 파사드 설계과정을 중심으로 -
- Received : 2015.03.13
- Accepted : 2015.03.14
- Published : 2015.03.31
Existing pedagogical issues of digital design including BIM have been focused not on potential of Digital Design but on skills of BIM or digital modeling tool. Kinetic facade can move or change material state to react surrounding environment conditions. It is a suitable design object for teaching principle of Performance Oriented Digital Design. Variables of movements affect multi-criteria of performances of kinetic facade, so different design approach from fixed facade design should be explored. Kinetic facade design process is proposed to study pedagogical issues of Performance Oriented Digital Design in this paper. Through Kinetic facade design process, students can understand conditions, variables, and performances of digital design.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Ahn, B.W., (2003), "A Study on the Application of Optimization to Architectural Design Process for Development of Integrated Performance Evaluation CAAD System", Youngsan University Collection of theses, Vol. 12 (pp. 429-442.)
- CIB Report No.32, (1982), "The Performance Concept and The Terminology".
- Fernandez, I., (2012), "Designing with Responsive Building Envelopes: Beyond passive and active: integrating adaptive elements in building envelopes", VI International Congress on Architectural Envelopes June 20, 21, 22, Donostia-San Sebastiaan, Spain.
- Jang, S. Y., Lee, S., & Kim, S. A. (2013), "Collaborative Responsive Faaade Design Using Sensor and Actuator Network", Cooperative Design, Visualization, and Engineering, (pp. 11-18). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Kim, S.A. (1997), "On the Role of Modeling in the Education of Computer-Aided Architectural Design", Journal of AIK 13(7), pp. 37-43. (in Korea)
- Kim, S.A. (2012), "Digital Architecture and BIM", Review of Architecture and Building Science 56(11), pp. 16-23.
- Lee, K.S., Yoo, D.E. (2012), "A Study on the Sustainability of the Environmentally Responsive Kinetic Facades", Journal of AIK 28(6), pp. 85-96. (in Korea)
- Loonen, R.C.G.M. (2010), "Climate adaptive buildings shells-What can we simulate", Master Thesis, Technische Universiteit Eindhoven.
- Markus, T.A., Building Performance Research Unit Building Performance Research Unit, (1972), "Building Performance, John Wiley & Suns.
- Schmitt, G., (1992), "Design for Performance, in Evaluating and Predicting Design Performance", ed Kalay, Y.E., John Wiley & Sons.
- Sharaidin, K., Burry, J., & Salim, F. (2012). "Integration of digital simulation tools with parametric designs to evaluate kinetic faáades for daylight performance", In Digital Physicality-Proceedings of the 30th eCAADe Conference (Vol. 2, pp. 701-709).