- Volume 1 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Analytical model for mean web object transfer latency estimation in the narrowband IoT environment
협대역 사물 인터넷 환경에서 웹 객체의 평균 전송시간을 추정하기 위한 해석적 모델
- Lee, Yong-Jin (Korea National University of Education)
- 이용진 (한국교원대학교 기술교육과)
- Received : 2015.12.08
- Published : 2015.12.30
This paper aims to present the mathematical model to find the mean web object transfer latency in the slow-start phase of TCP congestion control mechanism, which is one of the main control techniques of Internet. Mean latency is an important service quality measure of end-user in the network. The application area of the proposed latency model is the narrowband environment including multi-hop wireless network and Internet of Things(IoT), where packet loss occurs in the slow-start phase only due to small window. The model finds the latency considering initial window size and the packet loss rate. Our model shows that for a given packet loss rate, round trip time and initial window size mainly affect the mean web object transfer latency. The proposed model can be applied to estimate the mean response time that end user requires in the IoT service applications.
- M.Allman, V. Paxson and E. Blanton, "TCP Congestion Control," RFC2581(2009).
- J. Padhye, V. Firoiu, D. Towsley, and J. Kurose, "Modeling TCP Reno performance: A simple model and its empirical validation," ACM Transactions on Networking, Vol 8, No.2, 133-145, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/90.842137
- N. Cardwell, S. Savage, and Y. Anderson, "Modeling TCP latency," Proc. of the 2000 IEEE Infocom Conference, pp. 1742-1751, 2000.
- Z. Jiong, Z. Shu-jing, and Qi-gang, "An adapted full model for TCP latency," Proc. of the 2002 IEEE TENCON Conference, Vol. 2, pp.801-804, 2002.
- D. Oliveria and R. Braun, "A dynamic adative acknowledgement strategy for TCP over multihop wireless networks," Proc. of the 2005 IEEE INFOCOM Conference, pp.1863-1874, 2005.
- Y. Lee, Mean response delay estimation for HTTP over SCTP in wireless Internet, Journal of the Korea Contents Association Vol.8, No. 6, pp. 43-53, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2008.8.6.043
- Y. Lee, Mean Web Object Transfer Latency Estimation for the Narrowband Internet Environment, Proc. of the 1st International Conference on Internet of Things and Convergence, November 26-28, 2015, Daejeon, Korea, pp. 243-244, 2015.