- Volume 53 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Characteristics of Gas-liquid Mass Transfer and Interfacial Area in a Bubble Column
- Lim, Dae Ho (Department of Chemical Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Yoo, Dong Jun (Department of Chemical Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kang, Yong (Department of Chemical Engineering, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2015.03.30
- Accepted : 2015.04.17
- Published : 2015.06.01
Characteristics of gas-liquid mass transfer and interfacial area were investigated in a bubble column of diameter and height of 0.102 m and 2.5 m, respectively. Effects of gas and liquid velocities on the volumetric gas-liquid mass transfer coefficient (
- Deckwer, W. D., Bubble Column Reactors, John Wiley & Sons, England, 239-267(1992).
- Kim, S. D. and Kang, Y., "Heat and Mass Transfer in Threephase Fluidized-bed Reactors: An Overview," Chem. Eng. Sci., 52, 3639-3660(1997). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0009-2509(97)00269-8
- Kim, S. D. and Kang, Y., "Hydrodynamics, Heat and Mass Transfer in Inverse and Circulating Three-phase Fluidized-bed Reactors for Wastewater Treatment," Stud. Surf. Sci. and Catal., 159, 179-196(1993).
- Danckwerts, P. V., "Significance of Liquid-film Coefficients in Gas Absorption," Ind. Eng. Chem., 43, 1460-1465(1951). https://doi.org/10.1021/ie50498a055
- Kang, Y., Lee, K. I., Shin, I. S., Son, S. M., Kim, S. D. and Jung, H., "Characteristics of Hydrodynamics, Heat and Mass Transfer in Three-phase Inverse Fluidized Beds," Korean Chem. Eng. Res., 46, 451-464(2008).
- Clark, N. N. and Flemmer, R. L., "Predicting the Holdup in Twophase Bubble Upflow and Downflow Using the Zuber and Findlay Drift-flux Model," AIChE J., 31, 500-503(1985). https://doi.org/10.1002/aic.690310323
- Clark, N. N. and Flemmer, R. L., "On Vertical Downward Two Phase Flow," Chem. Eng. Sci., 39, 170(1984). https://doi.org/10.1016/0009-2509(84)80146-3
- Nguyen-Tien, K., Patwari, A. N., Schumpe, A. and Deckwer, W. D., "Gas-liquid Mass Transfer in Fluidized Particle Beds," AIChE J., 31, 194-201(1985). https://doi.org/10.1002/aic.690310204
- Son, S. M., Kim, U. Y., Shin, I. S., Kang, Y. and Jung. H., "Enhancement of Gas Holdup and Oxygen Transfer in Three-phase Circulating Fluidized-bed Bioreactors with Swirling Flow," J. Chem. Eng. Japan, 42, 142-148(2009). https://doi.org/10.1252/jcej.08we184
- Robinson, C. W. and Wilke, C. R., "Simultaneous Measurement of Interfacial Area and Mass Transfer Coefficients for a Well-mixed Gas Dispersion in Aqueous Electrolyte Solutions," AIChE J., 20, 285-294(1974). https://doi.org/10.1002/aic.690200212
- Dhanuka, V. R. and Stepanek, J. B., "Simultaneous Measurement of Interfacial Area and Mass Transfer Coefficient in Three Phase Fluidized Beds," AIChE J., 26, 1029-1038(1980). https://doi.org/10.1002/aic.690260619
- Lee, J. S., Jin, H. R., Lim, H., Lim, D. H., Kang, Y. and Kim, S. D., "Interfacial Area and Liquid-side and Overall Mass Transfer Coefficients in a Three-phase Circulating Fluidized Bed," Chem. Eng. Sci., 100, 203-211(2013). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ces.2013.02.012
- Chang, S. K., Kang, Y. and Kim, S. D., "Mass Transfer in two and Three-phase Fluidized Beds," J. Chem. Eng. Jpn, 18, 524-530 (1986).
- Kang, Y., Fan, L. T., Min, B. T. and Kim, S. D., "Promotion of Oxygen Transfer in Three Phase Fluidized-bed Bioreactors by Floating Bubble Breakers," Biotechnol. Bioeng., 37, 580-586 (1991). https://doi.org/10.1002/bit.260370613
- Lim, D. H., Park, J. H., Kang, Y. and Jun, K. W., "Structure of Bubble Holdups in a Viscous Slurry Bubble Column with Low Surface Tension Media," Fuel Process. Technol., 108, 2-7 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuproc.2012.06.024
- Shin, I. S., Son, S. M., Kim, U. Y., Kang, Y., Kim, S. D. and Jung, H., "Multiple Effects of Operating Variables on Bubble Properties in Three-phase Slurry Bubble Columns," Korean J. Chem. Eng., 26, 587-591(2009). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11814-009-0100-3
- Lee, K. I., Son, S. M., Kim, U. Y., Kang, S. H., Kang, Y. and Kim, S. D., "Particle Dispersion in Viscous Three-phase Inverse Fluidized Beds," Chem. Eng. Sci., 62, 7060-7067(2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ces.2007.08.024
- Jin, H. R., Lim, D. H., Lim, H., Kang, Y., Jung, H. and Kim, S. D., "Demarcation of Large and Small Bubbles in Viscous Slurry Bubble Columns," I&EC Research, 51, 2062-2069(2012).
- Zuber, M. and Findley, J. A., "Average Volumetric Concentration in Two-Phase Flow Systems," Trans. ASME J. Heat Transfer, 87, 453-468(1965). https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3689137
- Wallis, G. B., One Dimensional Two Phase Flow, McGraw-Hill, NY(1969).
- Harmathy, T. Z., "Velocity of Large Drops and Bubbles in Media of Infinite or Restricted Extent," AIChE J., 6, 281-288(1960). https://doi.org/10.1002/aic.690060222
- Joshi, J. B., "Axial Mixing in Multiphase Contactors - A Unified Correlation," Trans. Inst. Chem. Eng., 58, 155-165(1980).