- Volume 24 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Effects of a Dye from Artemisia, the Natural Dyeing Material, on the Functionality of Dyeing in Mind-Peace Education for the Silver Generation
실버세대 감성교육을 위한 천연염재 쑥속(Artemisia)식물의 염료가 염색의 기능성에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Jung-Eun (BK21Plus Health Care Clothing Design for Silver Generation, Pusan National University) ;
- Kwon, Young-Suk (Department of Clothing & Textiles, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2014.11.21
- Accepted : 2015.04.21
- Published : 2015.05.30
The experience of natural dyeing is expected to be effective in promoting health through good exercise, in giving emotional stability based on the functional aromatic components of the dyeing material, and in improving self-esteem and increasing positive experiences through the behavior of creation. A natural dyeing material easily found around us, artemisia has long been used in food and Oriental medicine and was recently found to contain antioxidative, anticancer, deodorizing, antibacterial, anti-obesity, and anti-diabetes substances through chemical analysis. It has also been reported that group reminiscence therapy using the fragrance of artemisia is effective in relieving pain and depression and in promoting ego integrity in the elderly population. This study aimed to make a comparative analysis of dyeability, washing fastness, and deodorization between Artemisia princeps, Artemisia iwayomogi, and Artemisia annua, all of which are considered to be healthful and functional dyeing materials, among about thirty domestic plants in the genus of Artemisia and to provide basic data concerning natural dyeing in mind-peace education for the silver generation. The fabric dyed and post-mordanted at
Silver generation;Mind-peace education;Artemisia princeps;Artemisia annua;Artemisia iwayomogi;Natural Dyeing
Grant : 실버세대를 위한 건강의류 디자인 사업팀
- Han, K. H., Lee, S. M., Suh, J. K., 2009, Effect of group horticultural therapy on the change of depression and self-esteem in older adult, Journal Korean Society People Plants Environment, 12(4), 1-12.
- Park, Y. J., Cho, J. Y., Jang, H. G., Heo, B. G., 2005, Application of natural dyeing to horticultural therapy program, Journal of the Korean Flower Research Society, 13(1), 63-68.
- Kim, I, S, 2008, The effectiveness of the tea culture therapy program to decreasing depressive symptoms with dementia older, Journal of the Busan Women's University, 30, 169-186.
- Kim, H. M., Jun, S. Y., 2012, The effect of group art therapy through reminiscence on the cognitive function and depression of the demented old people, Korean Journal of Art Therapy, 19(5), 1289-1312.
- Kim, D. J., 2002, A study of korean ssuk culture, M. A. Dissertation, Hanyang University, Ansan.
- Cho, Y. R., Lee, I. S., 2012, A study on effects of music play therapy on depression of the elderly, Journal of Arts Psychotherapy, 8(2), 101-123.
- Lee, Y. K., Chun, T. Y., Park, N. H., 2010, A study of participation of the elderly people dance on depression and emotional happiness, Official Journal of the Korean Society of Dance Science , 22, 1-17.
- Hwang, E. K., 2009, Deodorizing property and antibacterial activity of cotton, silk, and wool fabrics dyed with various natural colorants extracts, Ph. D. Dissertation, National Pusan University, Busan.
- Sung, K. C., 2009, A Study on the pharmacetical and chemical characteristics of natural, Journal of The Korean Oil Chemists Society, 26(1), 51-59.
- Lee, S. D., Park, H. H., Kim, D. W., Bang, B. H., 2000, Bioactive constituents and utilities of artemisia sp. as medicinal herb and foodstuff, The Korean Journal of Food and Nutrition, 13(5), 490-505.
- Kim, S. Y., Kim, M. A., 2005, Effects of group reminiscence with mugwort fragrance inhalation on pain, depression and ego integrity of the elderly with chronic pain, The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing, 17(3), 358-367.
- Ryu, R., 2014, Effects of ethanol extract of sajabalssuk persimmon leaf and citrus junos sieb on the improvement of blood circulation and lipid metabolism; in vitro and in vivo system, M. A. Dissertation, Kyungpook National University, Daegu.
- Kang, Y. J., 2008, Beneficial effects of eupatilin and jaceosidin isolated from Artemisia princeps on regulation of glucose lipid and antioxidant metabolism in type 2 diabetic mice, M. A. Dissertation, Kyungpook National University, Daegu.
- Ko, S. J., 2014, Healthy life expectancy calculation of Korea, Health and Welfare Issue & Focus, 247, 5.
- Jung, Y. H., Ko, S.J., Kim, E.J., 2013, A study on the effective chronic disease management, 1st ed., Korea Institute For Health and Social Affairs lnc, 79.
- OECD, 2014, OECD Health Data, 2014, http://www.oecd.org/els/health-systems/health-data.htm
- Antonette, M. Z., 2003, Depression in older adults: evidence-based treatment and current gaps in the evidence base, The Gerontologist, 43(3), 279-283. https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/43.2.279
- Berkman, I. F., 1986, Depressive symptoms in relation to physical health and function in the elderly, American Journal of Epidermiology, 124(3), 372-388.
- Korean Medical Botany Studies Institute, 2007, General medical botany, 7st ed., Hak Chang Sa, 292-293.
- Kim, R. J., Kang, M. J., Hwang, C. R., Jung, W. J., Shin, J, H., 2012, Antioxidant and cancer cell growth inhibition activity of five different varieties of artemisia cultivars in Korea, Journal of Life Science, 22(6), 844-851. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2012.22.6.844