- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effects of job satisfaction and spouse support on parenting stress in female fire fighters with preschool-aged children
취학 전 자녀를 둔 여성소방공무원의 직무만족도와 배우자 지지가 양육스트레스에 미치는 영향
- Che, Ga-Young (Department of Paramedic Science, Korea National University of Transportation) ;
- Baek, Mi-Lye (Department of Paramedic Science, Korea National University of Transportation)
- Received : 2015.03.12
- Accepted : 2015.04.24
- Published : 2015.04.30
Purpose: Job satisfaction, spouse support, parenting stress, and the factors that influence parenting stress in female fire fighters with preschool-aged children were examined. Methods: Data were collected from 180 female fire fighters who worked at the fire station from June to July 2013 and had preschool-aged children. Data were analyzed using SPSS WIN 21.0. Results: Average job satisfaction was 2.81, spouse support was 3.54, and parenting stress was 3.61. Parenting stress was negatively correlated with spouse support and job satisfaction. Job satisfaction and spouse support were positively correlated. Factors influencing parenting stress included employment period (
Job satisfaction;Spouse support;Parenting stress;Female fire fighter
- Civic Service Commission. Female civil servants personnel management guidelines. Available at: http://www.mospa.go.kr/frt/bbs/type001/commonSelectBoardArticle.do?bbsId=BBSMSTR_000000000015&nttId=39634, 2005.
- Kim NH, Lee EJ, Kwak SY, Park MR. A phenomenological study on the experiences of parenting burden of working mother with young children in Korea. Korean J Women Health Nurs 2013;19(3):188-200. http: //dx.doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2013.19.3.188 https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2013.19.3.188
- Kim KW, Doh HS, Kim SW, Rhee SH. The relationship between maternal employment, maternal job characteristics, spousal support, and parenting stress. Korean J Child Studies 2010;31(5):101-13.
- Lee SM, Min HY. The relationship between preschooler's temperament, father's childrearing involvement, and mother's childrearing stress. Korean Journal of Human Ecology 2007;16(2):219-25. https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2007.16.2.219
- Kim SS, Park JM. Descriptive study on job satisfaction and its related factors for 119 emergency medical. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 1997;1(1):54-69.
- Park YK, Yi JY, Lim SR, Jang HR, Kang HJ, Kim JS. Parenting stress, parenting guilt feelings, separation anxiety and alternative care in hospital-nurses. The Korea Contents Association 2014;14(7):302-11. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.07.302
- Kim SS, Kwon HR. A study on 119 rescue and first aids' satisfaction level of occupation. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2002;6(6):169-84.
- Shin SJ, Chung MJ. Effects of stress, social support and efficacy on mothers' parenting behaviors. Korean J Child Studies 1998; 19(1):27-42.
- Kim KH, Kang HK. Development of parenting stress scale. Family and Environment Research 1997;35(5):141-50.
- Kim YM, Ryu YK. A study on Korean women's behavior in choosing the type of child care: An effect of subjective perception and objective condition. Korea Journal of Child Care and Education 2014;89(6):215-36.
- Jung MS. Child rearing, perceived stress and attitude on employer-supported child care of working women with preschool child. The Kyungpook University medical journal 1996;37(4):517-33.
- Bae KS. The relationship between the job satisfaction and the turnover intention of 119 emergency medical technicians. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2009;14(1):65-80.
- Ministry of Government Legislation. Regulations concerning civil servants allowances. Available at: http://www.law.go.kr/lsInfoP.do?lsiSeq=167177&lsId=&efYd=20150112&chrClsCd=010202&urlMode=lsEfInfoR&viewC ls=lsRvsDocInfoR#0000, 2015.
- Seo SW, Lee DK. The effect of father's parenting participation, mother's social support, and mother's psychological characteristics on mothers parenting behavior. Early Childhood Education Research & Review 2014;18(2).
- Kang HK, Cho BH. Dual-career parenting stress: Effects of mother's values and support systems. Korean J Child Studies 1999; 20(2):41-55.
- Kang SJ, Kim SY. The relationship among nurses' parenting stress and turnover intention. J Korean Acad Nurs 2011;17(4): 508-15. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.4.508
- Statistics Korea. Women's lives to see the statistics. Available at: http://kostat.go.kr/wnsearch/search.jsp, 2013.
- Ahn SR. Study on the improvement of female firefighter's role in the fire services organization. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyunghee University 2007, Seoul, Korea.
- National Emergency Management Agency. Fire administration data and statistics. Available at: http://www.nfds.go.kr/index. jsf, 2012.
- Kim SH. A study on a plan for role promotion in female fire officials. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyonggi University 2008, Suwon, Korea.
- Cha SS, Shin YL. Parenting stress of employed mothers with young children. J of Human Ecology in Catholic University of Korea 2005;25(1):163-81.
- Kim KW, Lee IS. The relationship between the child rearing involvement of fathers and childrens social-emotional competence. Korean J Child Studies 1998;19(2):65-75.
- Kim SH, Park JY. The relationship between personality and child rearing stress of employed mothers. Family and Environment Research. 2012;50(8):41-52.
- Sohn SM. Parenting stress and related factors of employed and non-employed mothers with infants. The Journal of Korea Early Childhood Education 2012:19(1):331-57.
- Kim CJ. Parenting stress and related factors of employed and non-employed mothers with infants. Selection for Graduate school of education in Chongshin University 2008; 9:89-131.