- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Validity of redeveloping the paramedic education system from 3-years to 4-years
전문대학 응급구조과의 4년제 개편 타당성 조사 연구
- Lee, Jung-Eun (Department of Emergency Medical Technology, Dongnam Health University) ;
- Kim, Soon-Sim (Department of Emergency Medical Technology, Sunlin University) ;
- Park, Hee-Jin (Department of Emergency Medical Technology, Seoyeong University) ;
- Uhm, Dong-Choon (Department of Emergency Medical Technology, Daejeon University) ;
- Hyun, Jin-Sook (Department of Emergency Medical Technology, Sunlin University) ;
- Hong, Sung-Gi (Department of Emergency Medical Technology, Dongnam Health University)
- 이정은 (동남보건대학교 응급구조과) ;
- 김순심 (선린대학교 응급구조과) ;
- 박희진 (서영대학교 응급구조과) ;
- 엄동춘 (대전대학교 응급구조학과) ;
- 현진숙 (선린대학교 응급구조과) ;
- 홍성기 (동남보건대학교 응급구조과)
- Received : 2015.03.11
- Accepted : 2015.04.24
- Published : 2015.04.30
Purpose: The study was to investigate the feasibility about reorganized the paramedic college into a four-year education system. Methods: Through literature review and analysis, a self-reported questionnaire was created and filled out by the professors of paramedic and analyzed. Results: An analysis of the curriculum indicated that, as paramedic schools involve practice-oriented education, reorganization of the college system is necessary to raise the quality of the actual training. The survey results found that most participants agreed with the need to reorganize the school system. Conclusion: Paramedics have a responsibility regarding the life of the nation. In order to be satisfied with its status as a national job that focuses on humanity and justice, increasing the years needed before graduation is necessary.
Paramedic;Validity;4-year education system
- Park J. The effect of restructuring on the educational system of colleges: Focusing on the reform of the department structure. Unpublished master's thesis, Dongguk University 2014, Seoul, Korea.
- Lee JP. The years requires for graduation deregulation measure. J Korea Higher Vacational Education Association 2009; 15:179-87.
- Ministry of Education. The technical college method of fostering. Available at: http://www.moe.go.kr/web/100072/ko/board/view.do?bbsId=321&boardSeq=50293, 2013.
- Chun SH. Diversitification of college educational system for the lifelong learning. The HRD Review 2013;16(6):42-57.
- Na SI, An KH, Shin YH, Bak JH, Kim BH, Lee SH, et al. Teaching model development research that suitable for the college education. Korean Council for University College Education, 2001.
- Na SI, Kim JU, Chan HJ, Chun SH. The high grade vocational education the development plan in the lifelong learning. Korean Council for University College Education, 2012.
- Cha GB, Choi IG, Park JG, Hwang KM, Han GH. The research of four-year college classification propriety. Korean Council for University College Education, 2010.
- Cho BS, Chun SH. The diversification of years required for graduation and academic degree curriculum. National Assembly Forum for College Policy, 2013.
- Kim DH, Lee EH. A Study on structural characteristics of undergraduate curriculum. J of Korean Education 2005;32(2):217-46.
- Kim MW, Park JM, Han AK. Analysis of curriculum of 4-year nursing schools. J Korean Acad Soc Nurs Edu 2011;17(3):416-25. http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011 .17.3.414
- Kim HS, Lee YA. Comparative analysis on three-year period curriculum of emergency medical technology of college. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2007;11(2):29-50.
- Kang HH, Kim HS. Liberal arts curricula for the 3-year emergency medical technology course: A comparative study. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2014;18(2):73-94. http:// dx.doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2014.18.2.073 https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2014.18.2.073
- Paik NJ, Kim SY. An analysis of evaluation criteria of college curriculum. The Journal of Vocational Education Research 2014; 33(1):133-58.
- National Law Information Center. The law about the emergency physician. Available at: http://www.law.go.kr, 2014.
- Kim YJ, Kim JG. A study on change of college policy in Korea: Focused on institutionalism approach. The Journal of korea administration historical Society 2013;32:241-69.
- Kim HD, Yoou Sk, Jung MS, Bae SJ. Study on management plan of advanced course in college. Korean Council for University College Education, 2006.
- Suk YM, Na SI. The relationship between learning motivation and enrollment valence, self-efficacy, goal orientation, attribution for academic success and failure of learners in bachelor's degree course at junior college. Journal of Agricultural Education and Human Resource Development 2010;42(4): 125-47. https://doi.org/10.23840/agehrd.2010.42.4.125
- Jung CY, Kim JM, Kim Heo YJ, Kim YE. A study on the development of advanced course for Bachelor's degree in Korea National Agricultural college. Journal of Agricultural Education and human Resource Development 2008;40(4):35-63. https://doi.org/10.23840/agehrd.2008.40.4.35
- Lee S, Lee GS, Han KH, Kwon HK, Kim BK, Sim HS et al. The Fostering method for junior college as high vocational education center. Korean Council for University College Education, 2013.
- Lee JI. A comparison of the four-year emergency paramedic training progra of South Korea and the United States. Unpublished master's thesis, Kongju National University 2011, Kongju, Korea.
- Human Rources Development Services of Korea. National competency standards. Available at: http://www.ncs.go.kr/ncs/page.do?sk=P1A1_PG01_001, 2014.
- Hwang SO. The review about scope of work of paramedic under the current law. KSEMS Autumn symposium presentation data, 2014.
- Kim SS. A study on the curriculum of emergency medical technology in Korea. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2009;13(2):17-59.
- Program design of the education subject curriculum by the department of emergency medical technology based on National Competency Standards key competencies vol.20, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2016.20.3.037
- Curriculum development and operation methods based on national competency standards (NCS) in the department of emergency medical technology vol.19, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2015.19.2.083