- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Accuracy of blood pressure measurements taken using a blood pressure simulator by paramedic students
응급구조(학)과 학생의 혈압측정 모형을 활용한 혈압측정 정확도
- Choi, Eun-Sook (Department of Emergency Medical Service, Kongju National University)
- 최은숙 (공주대학교 응급구조학과)
- Received : 2015.02.20
- Accepted : 2015.04.24
- Published : 2015.04.30
Purpose: We gathered information for the development of a blood pressure measurement education program by analyzing the accuracy of reading taken using a blood pressure simulator by Korean paramedic students. Methods: Data from 131 students were collected in November 12-20, 2013, and April 2-4, 2014. A 27-item questionnaire was administered, the accuracy of measurements confirmed using a blood pressure simulator (BT-CEAB), and the data analyzed (SPSS v 21.0). Results: The accuracy of systolic and diastolic blood pressure readings (
Blood pressure;Measurement accuracy;Paramedic students
- Yoo SK, Kwon HR, Park HJ, Shin SD, Choi ES, Uhm TH. Job analysis of paramedic on the developing a curriculum method. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2013;17(3):115-37. https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2013.17.3.115
- Kim SS. A study on the curriculum of emergency medical technology in Korea. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2009;13(2):17-59.
- Koh BY, Lee JE. Analysis to performance of prehospital emergency care for cardiac arrest patient showing shockable rhythm on EKG. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2011; 15(1):79-88.
- Jo YH, Shin SD, Suh GJ, Kim JS. The effect of hospital-based emergency medical technician on the prehospital measurement of vital signs. J Korean Soc Emerg Med 2007; 18(4):267-76.
- Kim MS, Park MH. Knowledge and practice about blood pressure measurement among nursing students. The Journal of Kwangju Health College 2003;28:411-25.
- Lee SH. Effectiveness of web based learning program on self efficacy, knowledge, and competence in measurement of blood pressure. J Korean Acad Fundam Nurs 2012;19(1):66-73. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2012.19.1.066
- Kim JS, Kim SS. Evaluating the accuracy of blood pressure measurement in general hospital nurses. J Korean Acad Fundam Nurs 2000;7(1):7-15.
- Song HS, Moon JR, Park HJ. Influence of body positions and measuring methods on blood pressure in the patients with normal hemodynamics. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research 2001;6(1):147-61.
- Cho SH, Hwang JH, Kim EG, Oh BH, Kim CY. Evaluating the accuracy of blood pressure measurement. Quality Improvement in Health Care. 1996;3(1):94-103.
- Won SA. Assessment of accurateness in blood pressure measuring by EMT students. Unpublished master's thesis, Korea National University of Transportation 2014, Jeung Pyeong, Korea.
- Bae NY. Comparison of direct and indirect measurements of blood pressure. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University 2001, Seoul, Korea.
- Korean Council of Professors for Emergency Medical Service. Management of Emergency Patients. 3th ed. Seoul: Daehakseorim, 2010. 95-104.
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety. 2014 Medical Devices; Aneroid sphygmomanometer. Available at: http://emed.kfda.go.kr/kfda2, 2014.
- Armstrong RS. Nurses'knowledge of error in blood pressure measurement technique. Int J Nurs Pract 2002;8(3):118-26. http:// dx.doi.org/10.1046/j.1440-172X.2002. 00348.x https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1440-172X.2002.00348.x