- Volume 24 Issue 4
Hydrologic component analysis was conducted to investigate water budget characteristics the Oedocheon watershed, Jeju Island. For this purpose, integrated SWAT-MODFLOW model was applied to this watershed for continuous surface water-groundwater modeling. Pasture and forest-deciduous are the major land use types and these affect general hydrologic component ratio. The spatio-temporal groundwater recharge can be obtained from SWAT and then distributed groundwater recharge can be reproduced by MODFLOW. The groundwater level variation was simulated with distributed groundwater pumping data. The water budget in this watershed was compared with the previous estimated result by Jeju-Do(2013). As this result considered discharge to the coastal side, the discrepancy was found. However, it was found that the overall tendency of both analyses were similar.
SWAT-MODFLOW;Oedocheon watershed;Water budget;Groundwater recharge;Pumping data
- Arnold, J. G., Allen, P. M., Bernhardt G., 1993, A comprehensive surface-groundwater flow model, J. Hydrol., 142, 47-69. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-1694(93)90004-S
- Chung, I. M., Kim, N. W., Lee, J., Sophocleous, M. A., 2010, Assessing distributed groundwater recharge rate by using integrated surface-groundwater modeling: Application to Mihocheon watershed, Korea, Hydrogeol. J., 18(5), 1253-1264. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10040-010-0593-1
- Chung, I. M., Lee, J., Kim, J. T., Na, H., Kim, N. W., 2011, Development of threshold runoff simulation method for runoff analysis of Jeju Island, J. Environ. Sci., 20(10), 1347-1355.
- Ha, K. C., Moon, D. C., Koh, G. W., Park, K. H., 2008, Runoff characteristics of the Oedocheon watershed in Jeju Island, J. Soil Groundwater Environ., 13(5), 20-32.
- Hwang, D., Lee, Y., Kim, G., 2005. Large submarine groundwater discharge and benthic eutrophication in Bangdu Bay on volcanic Jeju Island, Korea. Limnology and Oceanography 50 (5), 1393-1403. https://doi.org/10.4319/lo.2005.50.5.1393
- Jeju development institute, 2009, The hydrologic and water quality characteristics analysis for the streamwater application in Jeju island, 2009-11, p.98.
- Jeju Do, 2013, Comprehensive Water Resources Plan in Jeju Island. p.366
- Jung, W., Yang, S. K., 2008, Simulation of runoff of rivers in Jeju Island using SWAT model, J. Environ. Sci., 17(9), 1039-1052.
- Kim, N. W., Chung, I. M., Won, Y. S., and Arnold, J. G., 2008. Development and application of the integrated SWAT-MODFLOW model, J. of Hydrology, Vol. 356, pp. 1-16 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2008.02.024
- Kim, N. W., Chung, I. M., Kim, C., Lee, J., Lee, J. E., 2009, Development and applications of SWAT-K (Korea). In: Soil and Water Assessment Tool (SWAT) Global Applications (Eds. J. Arnold et. al.), Special Publication No. 4, World Association of Soil and Water Conservation, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Kim, N.W., Nah, H., Lee, J.,Lee, J.E., 2014. Complemetary relationship based evapotranspiration estimation model suitable for the Hancheon and Kangjeongcheon watersheds in Jeju Island, J. of Korea Water Resour. Assoc.,47(12) 1155-1163 https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2014.47.12.1155
- Leavesley, G. H., Lichty, R. W., Troutman, B. M., Saindon, L. G., 1983. Precipitation-runoff modeling system: user's manual, US Geological Survey, Water-Resour. Invest. Rep., 83-4238(207).
- McDonald, M. G. and A. W. Harbaugh., 1988. "A Modular Three-Dimensional Finite-Difference Ground-water Flow Model", U.S. Geological Survey Techniques in Water Resources Investigations Report Book 6, Chapter A1, p. 528.
- Moon, D. C., Yang, S. K., Koh, G. W., Park, W. B., 2005, Estimation of baseflow discharge through several streams in Jeju Island, Korea, J. Environ. Sci., 14(4), 405-412.
Supported by : 국토교통부