- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Analysis on Groundwater Flow According to Low Permeable Layer Structure over Seongsan Watershed of Jeju Island
제주도 성산유역의 저투수층 구조에 따른 지하수 흐름 분석
- Received : 2014.12.19
- Accepted : 2015.04.01
- Published : 2015.04.30
The depth of low permeable layer in Jeju Island was analyzed using the geologic columnar section data. The highest low permeable layer was found in center of Mt. Halla and the deepest area was in eastern part of Jeju Island. The study area, Seongsan watershed, is located in the eastern part of Jeju where the low permeable layer showing deep in a northward direction. Based on this analysis, the MODFLOW modeling was performed for groundwater flow of Seongsan watershed. The boundary of Seongsan watershed was set up as a no-flow and the modeling result showed the difference -0.26~0.62 m compared to the observed groundwater level. Meanwhile, MODFLOW model results considering low permeable layer showed -0.26~0.36 m differences compared to groundwater level and indicated more accurate than no-flow method result. Therefore, to interpret the groundwater flow over Seongsan watershed, comprehensive consideration including the low permeable layer distribution below the basalt layer is needed.
Seongsan watershed;Groundwater flow;MODFLOW;Low Permeable layer
- Fetter, C. W. 1994. Applied Hydrogeology, third edition, Macamillan College Publishing Company.
- Jejudo, 2003, Comperhensive Survey of Hydrogeology and groundwater resources in Jeju Island(III), 173-179.
- Jeju Development Institute, 2012, Jeju water '50, 99-106.
- Jeju Special Self-Governing Province, 2013, Water resources management master plan, 47-87.
- Jung, W. Y., Yang, S. K., 2009, Simulation on runoff of rivers in Jeju Island using SWAT model, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 18(9), 1045-1055. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2009.18.9.1045
- Kim, B. S., 2011, Study on hydrogeological characteristics of volcanic rocks in Jeju Island, Ph. D. Dissertation, Pusan National University, Korea.
- Kim, N. W., Chung, I. M., Yoo, S. Y, Lee, J. W., Yang, S. K., 2009, Integrated Surface-groundwater analysis in Jeju Island, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 18(9), 1017-1026. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2009.18.9.1017
- Kim, N. W., Na, H. N., Chung, I. M., 2013, Simulation of groundwater variation characteristics of Hancheon watershed in Jeju Island using integrated hydrologic modeling, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 22(5), 515-522. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2013.22.5.515
- Lee, B. C., 2009, Analysis of groundwater movement in volcano island basins using numerical model, Ph. D. Dissertation, Kyungil University, Korea.
- Park, K. H., Ha, K. C., 2007, Distribution of low permeable rock that dominates the island ground-water flow, Fall Joint Annual Conference of the Geological Societies, Korea.
- Seok, D. K., 2009, Study on the movement system of surface and ground water in Island basins, Ph. D. Dissertation, Kyungil University, Korea.
- Analysis of Water Level Fluctuations according to Groundwater Development and Pumping Duration vol.25, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2016.25.1.135
Grant : 제주형 물순환 해석 및 수자원 관리 기반 구축 연구
Supported by : 국토교통부