- Volume 29 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Aging Anxiety, Factors of Successful Aging and Preparation for Aging in Early and Late Middle Age
중년 전·후기의 노화불안과 성공적 노화 요소 및 노후준비
- Hong, Kum-Hee (Hospital, Pusan National University) ;
- Ha, Ju-Young (College of Nursing, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2014.11.07
- Accepted : 2015.04.08
- Published : 2015.04.30
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to investigate the aging anxiety, factors of successful aging, and preparation for aging in early and late middle-aged people. Methods: The study subjects were 140 middle-aged people aged from 40 to 59. Data were collected using a self-administered questionnaire from August 16 to September 30, 2013. The collected data were analyzed with descriptive statistics, t-test,
- Bae, K. H. (1989). A Study on preparation for old Age of adult. Unpublished master's thesis, Dongguk University, Seoul.
- Bae, M. J. (2012). Effects of the perception of successful aging and preparing for their old age in middle age on the behavior for preparing their old age. Journal of the Korea Family Relations, 16(1), 46-61.
- Barrett, A. E., & Robbins, C. (2008). The multiple sources of women's aging anxiety and their relationship with psychological distress. Journal of Aging and Health, 20(1), 32-65. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/08982643073099732 https://doi.org/10.1177/0898264307309932
- Cho, J. & Kim, B. (2012). Perception for successful aging & depression of middle aged women. Journal of Korean Living Environment System, 19(2), 259-266.
- Choi, H., Paik, J., & Seo, S. (2005). The perception of successful aging among Korean elderly. Journal of Korean Home Management Association, 23(2), 1-10.
- Choi, I. Y. (2007). Research on sense of value and perception on successful aging of Korean middle aged people. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Ewha Women's University, Seoul.
- Choi, K. O., Jo, H. S., & Kim, C. Y. (2001). A study on health behavior of middle aged men. Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, 15(2), 412-427.
- Choi, S., Kim, S., Shin, K., & Lee, J. (2008). Anxiety about aging of a resident community of adult. Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, 28(1), 19-32.
- Hawang, S. (2000). A study on the attitude of elderly life and the preparation for elderly life of the young - aged. Unpublished master's thesis, Catholic University of Daegu, Daegu.
- Jeon, H. S. (2014). The effects of the locus of control and aging anxiety on preparation for old age in middle-aged adults. Journal of Digital Convergence, 12(10), 571-576. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.10.571 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.10.571
- Kang, H. J. (2012). The effects of aging anxiety on successful aging the elderly: comparing elders living alone with ones not Living alone. Journal of the Korean Society of Welfare for the Aged, 57, 191-220.
- Kang, M. S., Chun, Y., & Sohn, T. (2008). Work and family related stress and suicidal ideation among the middle-aged married men in Korea. Journal of Family Relations, 13(1), 105-134.
- Kang, S. & Ha, K. (2013). Relations between the middle aged's perception of successful aging and their preparations for the old age. The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, 11(12), 121-144. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.121 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.121
- Kang, Y, J. (2005). A study on Korean adults' planning for old age. The Korean Society of Community Living Science, 16(4), 159-174.
- Kim, D. B, Jeong, K. J., & Lee, E. J. (2012). A study on the influence of the previous preparation for successful aging life of elderly and the mediating effects of the life satisfaction. Journal of the Korean Society of Welfare for the Aged, 52, 325-352.
- Kim, J H. (2014). The necessity and direction of the supporting policy on old aged preparation. Health and Welfare Policy Forum, 209, 62-73.
- Kim, J. S. & Kang, S. (2012). Baby boom generation's burden for taking care of children, aging anxiety, preparations for old age and quality of life. Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, 26(3), 440-452. http://dx.doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2012.26.3.440 https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2012.26.3.440
- Kim, K., Kwak, K., Min, H. Y., Choi, J., & Jeon, S. (2011). An investigation into mid-life as it is perceived by middle aged Korean men. The Korean Journal of the Human Development, 18(3), 135-155.
- Kim, W. (2010). A comparative study on anxiety about aging of older adults in Korea and the United States. Journal of the Korean Society of Welfare for the Aged, 47, 71-94.
- Lasher, K. P. & Faulkender, P. J. (1993). Measurement of aging anxiety: development of the anxiety about aging scale. International Journal of Aging & Human Development, 37(4), 247-259. https://doi.org/10.2190/1U69-9AU2-V6LH-9Y1L
- Lee, J. I. (2012). Factors influencing death anxiety in the middle aged. Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, 26(3), 572-580. http://dx.doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2012.26.3.572 https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2012.26.3.572
- Lee, S. (2014). Effects of the degree of preparation for later life and mid-life crisis on the marital satisfaction of married, middle-aged women. Journal of Korean Family Resource Management, 18(1), 29-46.
- Lee, S. C. (2014). A study of effects of lifestyle on the old-age counterplans in middle-aged for the next generation of business education. Journal of Korean Business Education Research, 28(6), 263-286.
- Park, K. R. & Lee, Y. S. (2002). A study on perceptions of successful aging in later life. Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, 22(3), 53-66.
- Pauline, W. T. (2013). Influence of retirement preparation on happiness in retirement: a case of Nyeri county, Kenya. International Journal of Education and Research, 1(3), 1-20.
- Seo, Y. S. (2010). A study on middle aged men and women's health behavior and health status. Social Welfare Review, 15, 35-51.
- Statistics Korea. (2013, September). 2013 Statistics for the aged. Retrieved October 1, 2014, from http://kosat.go.kr/portal/korea/kor_nw/2/1/index.board?bmode=read&aSeq=308688
- Suh, S. & Choi, H. (2013). Aging anxiety and related factors of middle-aged adults. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 25(4), 464-472. http://dx.doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2013.25.4.464 https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2013.25.4.464
- A Study on economic preparations for aging of middle-old aged women vol.16, pp.10, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.10.6618
- The Effects of Social support, Self-efficacy and Perceived health status on Aging anxiety of the Middle-aged women vol.30, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2016.30.1.30
- Impacts of Health Perception, Aging Anxiety and Perception of Successful Aging on Health Promotion Behavior of Late Middle-Aged Women vol.23, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2017.23.3.181
- Expanding the aging self: Investigating successful aging among Korean older adults using grounded theory vol.29, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2015.29.3.426
- Substance use among students in Thailand pp.1533-2659, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1080/15332640.2018.1429974