- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Optimal coagulant and its dosage for turbidity and total organic dissolved carbon removal
탁도와 총유기탄소 제거를 위한 최적응집제 및 투여량 선정 연구
- Received : 2014.10.01
- Accepted : 2015.03.12
- Published : 2015.03.31
Three coagulants, alum sulfate(alum), poly aluminum chloride(PAC) and poly aluminum silicate chloride (PASC), were used to remove low to high turbidity and TOC in surface and ground blended water. Laboratory experiments and pilot plant experiments were carried out to evaluate the optimal coagulant and its dosage. To determine the optimized coagulant and its dosage, the turbidity, TOC and pH were measured. The experimental results showed the best removal performance using PASC. The optimal dosage of PASC between 3-20 NTU was found to be 15 mg/L in the jar test. In the pilot test, a 15 mg/L PASC dosage was applied and resulted in the efficient removal of turbidity and TOC between 3.6-27 NTU. The removal efficiency of PASC increased with increasing turbidity and TOC.
- Wang, Z.P., Zhang, Z., Lin, Y.J., Deng. N.S., Tao, T. & Zhuo, K. 'Landfill leachate treatment by a coagulation-photooxidation process", J. Hazardous Material, 95 (1/2), 153-159, 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0304-3894(02)00116-4 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-3894(02)00116-4
- Bratby J. "Coagulation and Flocculation in Water and wastewater Treatment", IWA Publishing, London, Seattle, 2006.
- Gregor JE, Nokes CJ, Fenton E, "Optimising natural organic matter removal from low turbidity waters by controlled pH adjustment of aluminium coagulation", Water Research, 31, 2949-2958, 1997. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(97)00154-1 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(97)00154-1
- A. Amirtharajah and C. R. O'Melia.(1990). "Coagulation processes: destabilization, mixing and flocculation, Water Quality and Treatment", American Water Works Association, 4th ed., New York: McGraw Hill, 1990.
- S Sinha, Y Yoon, G Amy, J Yoon "Determining the effectiveness of conventional and alternative coagulants through effective characterization schemes", Chemosphere 57 (9), 1115-1122, 2004 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2004.08.012 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2004.08.012
- MRWA (Editor) "Coagulation and Flocculation Process Fundamentals" 2003. MRWA: Minnesota Rural Water Association. Available From: (Accessed: http://www.mrwa.com Sept.,21, 2014).
- Wenshan G., Huu-Hao N., Saravanamuthu V., Fonny D., Tien T. N., Rupak A., "Effect of different flocculants on short-term performance of submerged membrane bioreactor", Separation and Purification Technology Volume 70, Issue 3, Pages 274-279, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seppur.2009.10.003
- B.Y. Gao, Q.Y. Yue, B.J. Wang,"The chemical species distribution and transformation of polyaluminum silicate chloride coagulant" Chemosphere, 46 (6), pp. 809-813, 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0045-6535(01)00180-1 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-6535(01)00180-1
- B. Y. Gao, Q. Y. Yue, Y. Wang "Coagulation performance of polyaluminum silicate chloride (PASiC) for water and wastewater treatment", Separation and Purification Technology, Volume 56, Issue 2, Pages 225-230, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.seppur.2007.02.003 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seppur.2007.02.003
Supported by : 국토교통부, 농식품부