- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Radio Resource Management using a Game Theoretic Approach Method in Heterogeneous Wireless Networks
이종 네트워크 환경에서 게임 이론적 접근방법을 이용한 무선 자원관리
- Kim, Nam-Sun (School of Electrical, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Daejin University)
- 김남선 (대진대학교 전기전자통신공학부)
- Received : 2014.08.12
- Accepted : 2015.03.12
- Published : 2015.03.31
With the development of wireless network technologies, mobile users may use various networks easily and expect more advanced services. On the other hand, it may bring on some problems with network resource management that should lead the service provider to improve the current service quality and manage the network resource efficiently. This paper proposes the optimized radio resource management (RRM) scheme that integrates the Grey Relational Analysis (GRA) and game theory. The first applies the GRA to determine the Grey Relation Coefficient (GRC) factors that represent the network preference, and the network provider then selects the requested service that provide maximum payoff through Nash Equilibrium. Six requested services that have one application service among four different types of service classes were considered and the game was played repeatedly. In WiMAX, WLAN 1 and WLAN 2 game, the maximum payoff of each players was 93, 90.6 and 92.8 respectively. The experimental results show that every requested service can be selected by the network provider. Consequently, the proposed radio resource management mechanism is more effective in heterogeneous wireless networks.
Game Theory;Grey Relational Analysis;Heterogeneous Network;Vertical Handover
- L. Wu, and K. Sandrasegaran, "A Survey on Common Radio Resource Management", Proc. of Wireless Broadband and Ultra Wideband Communications, pp. 60-66, Aug. 2007.
- K. Piamrat, A. Ksentini, J.-M. Bonnin, and C. Viho, "Radio Resource Management in Emerging Heterogeneous Wireless Networks", Computer Communications Journal, pp. 1066-1076, June 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.comcom.2010.02.015 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comcom.2010.02.015
- M. I. Cesana and N. Gatti, "Network Selection and Resource Allocation Games for Wireless Access Networks", IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Vol. 12, pp. 2427-2440, Dec. 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2012.207 https://doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2012.207
- D. Niyato and E. Hossain, "A Noncooperative Game-Theoretic Framework for Radio Resource Management in 4g Heterogeneous Wireless Access Networks", IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 332-345, March 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2007.70727 https://doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2007.70727
- Q. Song and A. Jamalipour, "Network Selection in an Integrated Wireless LAN and UMTS Environment Using Mathematical Modelling and Computing Techniques", IEEE wireless communications, Vol. 12, pp.42-48, June 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/MWC.2005.1452853 https://doi.org/10.1109/MWC.2005.1452853
- H. Pervaiz and J. Bigham, "Game Theoretical Formulation of Network Selection in Competing Wireless Networks: An Analytic Hierarchy Process Model", NGMAST '09, pp.292-297, 2009.
- D. Charilas, O. Markaki and E. Tragos, "A Theoretical Scheme for Applying Game Theory and Network Selection Mechanisms in Access Admission Control", Proc. of Wireless Pervasive Computing (ISWPC), pp.202-307, May 2008.
- David K. and W. Ng., "Grey System and Grey Relational Model", ACM SICICE Bulletin, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp.2-9, Oct. 1994. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/190690.190691 https://doi.org/10.1145/190690.190691
- 3GPP, QoS Concepts and Architecture, TS 22.107 (v6.3.0), 2005.
- Y. M. Woo, S. B. Kang, and Y. M. Jang, "Network Selection Algorithm in Heterogenous Networks", Proc. of KICS, Vol. 2006, No. 7, pp. 1415-1418, 2006.
- C. Xuejun and L. Fang, "Network Selection for Group Handover in Multi-access Networks", Proc. of ICC '08, pp.2164-2168, May 2008.