- Volume 24 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
An Analysis of the water balance of Low Impact Development Techniques According to the Rainfall Types
강우 유형에 따른 저영향개발 기법별 물수지 분석
- Yoo, Sohyun (Graduate School, Seoul National University) ;
- Lee, Dongkun (Department of Landscape Architecture and Rural System Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Kim, Hyomin (Graduate School, Seoul National University) ;
- Cho, Youngchul (GS Engineering and Construction Corporation)
- Received : 2014.12.03
- Accepted : 2015.04.07
- Published : 2015.04.30
Urbanization caused various environmental problems like destruction of natural water cycle and increased urban flood. To solve these problems, LID(Low Impact Development) deserves attention. The main objective of LID is to restore the water circulation to the state before the development. In the previous studies about the LID, the runoff reduction effect is mainly discussed and the effects of each techniques of LID depending on rainfall types have not fully investigated. The objective of this research is to evaluate the effect of LID using the quantitative simulation of rainwater runoff as well as an amount of infiltration according to the rainfall and LID techniques. To evaluate the water circulation of LID on the development area, new land development areas of Hanam in South Korea is decided as the study site. In this research, hydrological model named STORM is used for the simulation of water balance associated with LID. Rainfall types are separated into two categories based on the rainfall intensity. And simulated LID techniques are green roof, permeable pavement and swale. Results of this research indicate that LID is effective on improvement of water balance in case of the low intensity rainfall event rather than the extreme event. The most effective LID technique is permeable pavement in case of the low intensity rainfall event and swale is effective in case of the high intensity rainfall event. The results of this study could be used as a reference when the spatial plan is made considering the water circulation.
Grant : 불확실성을 고려한 기후변화 영향 및 적응 경제성 평가 기술개발, 기후변화 영향 및 취약성 통합평가 모델
Supported by : 환경부
- 경기개발연구원. 2012. 경기도 빗물이용활성화 제도 보완 방안 - 빗물관리 기본계획 구상.(Gyeonggi Research Institute. 2012. Supplementary Proposal to Promote Rainwater Utilization in Gyeonggi Province.)
- 김영민, 김이호. 2007. 공동주택 빗물관리시설 적용방안 및 효과분석, 한국수자원학회 추계학술발표회 논문집, pp.2003-2007.(Kim Y, Kim RH. 2007. Application of rainwater utilization facilities in building complexes, Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, pp.2003-2007.)
- 박지영, 임현만, 이혜인, 윤영한, 오현제, 김원재. 2013. 도시 개발 전.후 LID 기법 적용에 따른 물수지 및 오염부하 변동 특성, 대한환경공학회지, 35(11), 795-802.(Park JY, Lim HM, Lee HI, Yoon YH, Oh HJ, Kim WJ. 2013. Water balance and pollutant load analyses according to LID techniques for a town development, Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers, 35(11), 795-802.) https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2013.35.11.795
- 서울특별시. 2013. 서울특별시 빗물관리 기본계획(보완) 가이드라인.(Seoul Metropolitan City. 2013. The Guidelines for Rainwater Management Planning.)
- 서울특별시. 2014. 저영향개발 사전협의제도 안내. (Seoul Metropolitan City. 2014. The Guidelines for Prior Consultation System of Low Impact Development.)
- 신동수, 박재범, 강두기, 조덕준. 2013. SWMMLID를 이용한 상습침수유역 내 유출저감효과 분석, 한국방재학회 논문집, 13(4), 303-309.(Shin DS, Park JB, Kang DK, Jo DJ. 2013. An analysis of runoff mitigation effect using SWMM-LID model for frequently inundated basin, Journal of the Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation, 13(4), 303-309.) https://doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2013.13.4.303
- 유신코퍼레이션. 2009. 하남미사 보금자리주택지구 개발사업 환경영향평가서.(Yooshin Engineering Corporation. 2009. Environmental Impact Assessment Report of Housing Development Project in Hanam Misa.)
- 윤용남. 2008. 청문각, 수문학.(Yoon YN. 2008. Hydrology, Cheongmungak, p.98.)
- 환경부. 2010. 빗물이용시설 설치.관리 가이드북.(Ministry of Environment. 2010. Guidebook of the installation and management of stormwater management facility.)
- Achleitner S. 2006. Modular conceptual modelling in urban drainage development and application of city drain, Doctoral Dissertation, University of Innsbruck.
- Ahiablame LM, Engel BA, Chaubey I. 2013. Effectiveness of low impact development practices in two urbanized watersheds: Retrofitting with rain barrel/cistern and porous pavement, Journal of Environmental Management, 119, 151-161. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2013.01.019
- Bowyer-Bower TAS. 1993. Effects of rainfall intensity and antecedent moisture on the steady-state infiltration rate in a semi-arid region, Soil Use and Management, 9(2), 69-75. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1475-2743.1993.tb00932.x
- Dietz ME. 2007. Low Impact Development Practices: A review of current research and recommendations for future directions, Water, Air, and Soil Pollution, 186, 351-363. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11270-007-9484-z
- Eckart Jochen. 2012. Flexible urban drainage systems in new land-use areas, Doctoral Dissertation, University of South Florida.
- European Commission. 2012. Recommendations on the management of increased urban runoff.
- Grayson RB, Bloschl G, Western AW, McMahon TA. 2002. Advances in the use of observed spatial patterns of catchment hydrological response, Advances in Water Resources, 25, 1313-1334. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0309-1708(02)00060-X
- IPS. 2006. STORM.XXL Manual.
- Keim RF, Skaugset AE, Weiler M. 2006. Storage of water on vegetation under simulated rainfall of varying intensity, Advances in Water Resources, 29, 974-986. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.advwatres.2005.07.017
- Lee J, Hyun K, Choi J, Yoon Y, Geronimo FKF. 2012. Flood reduction analysis on watershed of LID design demonstration district using SWMM5, Desalination and Water Treatment, 38, 326-332.
- Mansell M, Rollet F. 2008. The effect of surface texture on evaporation, infiltration and storage properties of paved surfaces, 11th International Conference on Urban Drainage.
- Prince George's County, Maryland Department of Environmental Resources Programs and Planning Division. 1999. Low-Impact Development Design Strategies - An Integrated Design Approach.
- Qin H, Li Z, Fu G. 2013. The effects of low impact development on urban flooding under different rainfall characteristics, Journal of Environmental Management, 129, 577-585. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2013.08.026
- Ramamurthy P, Bou-Zeid E. 2010. Contribution of impervious surfaces to urban evaporation, Water Resources Research, 50, 2889-2902.
- Schluter W, Chris J. 2002. Modelling the ourflow from a porous pavement, Urban Water, 4, 245-253 https://doi.org/10.1016/S1462-0758(01)00065-6
- Stone JJ, Paige GB, Hawkins RH. 2008. Rainfall intensity-dependent infiltration rates on rangeland rainfall simulator plots, American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers, 51(1), 45-53.
- Taylor CM, Lebel T. 1998. Observational Evidence of Persistent Convective-Scale Rainfall Patterns, Monthly Weather Review, 126, 1597-1607. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0493(1998)126<1597:OEOPCS>2.0.CO;2
- USEPA (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency). 1983. Results of the Nationwide Urban Runoff Program, In: Final Report, vol. 1, Water Planning Division, Washington, DC.