- Volume 4 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Spring Green-up and Winter Leaf Discoloration of Three Ornamental Grasses (Gramineae spp.)
화본과 관상용그래스 3종의 봄철 그린업과 겨울철 엽색 퇴화
- Received : 2014.12.01
- Accepted : 2014.12.24
- Published : 2015.03.31
This research was initiated to analyze the periods of spring green-up and winter leaf discoloration of three ornamental grasses which have potential to be widely used with seed propagation. Two native grasses of Arundinella (Arundinella hirta var. ciliata Koidz), fountaingrass (Pennisetum alopecuroides (L.) Spreng), and switchgrass (Panicum virgatum L.) was tested. Spring green-up were evaluated after one year growth from seed propagation on April 1, 2009. Arundinella started with quick pick of spring green-up during
Gramineae;Ornamental grasses;Spring green-up;Winter leaf discoloration
- AOSA. 1983. Seed anal. 54:1-112.
- Bae, M.K. and Park, C.S. 2013. Estimation on the restoration value of riparian landscape based on evaluation of restoration priority in the Gyeongan stream. J. Environ. Policy and Administration. 21(1):61-80. (In Korean)
- Cho, J.H. and Byeon, J.H. 2011. Establishment of callus induction and plant regeneration system from mature seeds of Miscanthus sinensis. Kor. J. Plant Res. 24(5):628-635. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2011.24.5.628
- Cho, Y.H. and Lee, K.H. 2014. Germination and early growth characteristics of Pennisetum alopecuroides, Phragmites communis, and Miscanthus sinensis according to the seeding methods. J. Kor. Env. Res. Tech. 17(1):163-172. (In Korean)
- Darke, R. 2006. The encyclopedia of grasses for livable landscapes. Timber Press, Portland, Oregon, USA.
- Gang, B.H., Lee. I.D., Lee, S.K. and Lee, H.S. 2011a. A study on the food habits of Sika Deer (Saanen) fed with roughage sources. CNU J. Agri. Sci. 38(3):437-444. (In Korean)
- Gang, B.H., Lee. I.D., Lee, S.K. and Lee, H.S. 2011b. A study on the food habits of Korean native goats fed with roughage sources. CNU J. Agri. Sci. 38(3):445-452. (In Korean)
- Jang, H.K., Han, S.W., Kim, J.S. and Jeong, M.I. 2013. Characteristics of coverage ratio and surface temperature of plants planting on the slope artificial ground. J. Kor. Soc. People Plants Environ. 17(1):29-36. (In Korean)
- Jeon, G.S. and Woo, B.M. 1999a. Optimal amount and mixture ratio of seedling of the exotic and native plants for slope revegetation (I). J. Kor. Env. Res. & Reveg. Tech. 2(2):33-42. (In Korean)
- Jeon, G.S. and Woo, B.M. 1999b. Optimal amount and mixture ratio of seedling of the exotic and native plants for slope revegetation (II). J. Korean Env. Res. & Reveg. Tech. 2(2):43-52. (In Korean)
- Jeon, W.T., Seong, K.Y., Oh, G.J., Kim, M.T., Lee, Y.H., et al. 2012. Changes of biomass of green manure and rice growth and yield using leguminous crop and barley mixtures by cutting heights at paddy. Kor. J. Soil Sci. Fert. 45(2):192-197. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.2.192
- Jeong, J.K., Lee, J.M., Kim, K.D., Lee, J.H. and Joo, Y.K. 2013a. Comparison of the growth characteristics of creeping bentgrass (Agrostis palustris Huds.) cultivars at mountain area. Weed Truf. Sci. 2(3):283-291. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2013.2.3.283
- Jeong, M.I., Han, S.W., Kim, J.S. and Song, J.S. 2013b. Selection of native herbal plants capable to survive year-round in roof garden adopting extensive green roof system in the central district of Korea. Flower Res. J. 21(4):172-181. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.11623/frj.2013.21.4.33
- KEC (Korea Expressway Corporation). 2005. Highway construction guide specification. chapter(5):1-11. (In Korean)
- Kim, H.S., Byeon. E.Y., Yoon, J.I., Yi, S.H. and Kim, S.Y. 2012a. A study on Seoul color and city identity. J. of Kor. Soc. Design Sci. 25(1):303-312. (In Korean)
- Kim, J.S., Jeong, M.I., Han, S.W., Jang, H.K., Lee, S.M., et al. 2012b. Evaluation of water purification ability of marginal water plants native to Korea. J. Kor. Soc. People plants Environ. 15(5):357-362. (In Korean)
- Kim, K.D. 2013a. Germination, plug production and visual quality on three species of ornamental grasses. MS thesis, Yonsei Univ., Seoul, Korea. (In Korean)
- Kim, K.D., Kim. Y.J., Lee, J.M., Lee. J.H. and Joo, Y.K. 2013. Seed treatment and plug production of ornamental grasses (Gramineae spp.). Weed Turf. Sci. 2(4):376-380. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2013.2.4.376
- Kim, K.N. 2013b. Comparison of color quality, winter color, and spring green-up among major turfgrass grown under three different soil systems. Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 31(3):259-268. (In Korean)
- Kim, K.S., Kim, Y.B., Jang, Y.S. and Bang, J.K. 2007. Bioenergy crop production and research trends. J. Plant Biotechnol. 34(2):103-109. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5010/JPB.2007.34.2.103
- Ko, B.G., Kang, K.K., Lee, D.B., Kim, G.Y., Hong, S.Y., et al. 2009. Assessment of biomass production and potential energy of major bioenergy crops. Kor. J. Soil Sci. Fert. 42(6):486-491. (In Korean)
- Kwon, G.J., Kim, E.J., Park, H.J. and Kim, D.Y. 2014. Characteristics of the vegetation mat prepared from Miscanthus sinensis var. prupurascens. J. Kor. Wood Sci. & Tech. 42(1):27-33. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5658/WOOD.2014.42.1.27
- Lee, J. 2005. An analysis on the visual image and harmony of the construction method in the slope scene. J. Kor. Ins. Landscape Architec. 33(1):33-48. (In Korean)
- Lee, S.C., Lee, J.S. and Jeong, S.J. 2005. Germination and seedling growth of Miscanthus sacchariflorus as influenced by different plug cells and medium composition. Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 23(3):315-318. (In Korean)
- Lee, T.B. 2003. Coloured flora of Korea. Hyang Mun Sa Publishing Co. Seoul, Korea. (In Korean)
- Lee, Y.S. 2010. Effect of experiential marketing on brand loyalty in local festival. J. Kor. Contents Assoc. 10(12):406-414. (In Korean)
- Moon, Y.H., Koo, B.C., Choi, Y.H., Ahn, S.H., Bark, S.T., et al. 2010. Development of "Miscanthus" the promising bioenergy crop. Kor. J. Weed Sci. 20(4):330-339. (In Korean)
- NRCS (Natural Resources Conservation Service). 2014. Plants database. http://plants.usda.gov/java/. (Accessed Oct. 31, 2014)
- NTEP (Natural Turfgrass Evaluation Program). 2009. A guide to NTEP turfgrass ratings. http://www.ntep.org/reports/ratings.htm#color. (Accessed Sep. 10, 2009)
- Oh, S.J., Kim, W.S., Choi, M.S., Lee, S.I., Kim, E.S., et al. 2013. Effect of different parts and growing stages of Miscanthus sacchariflorus as a non-food resource that does not contribute towards climate change on metabolic availability in ruminants. Kor. J Organic Agri. 21(3):437-450. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.11625/KJOA.2013.21.3.437
- Quinn, M. and Macleod, C. 2003. Grasses scapes: Gardening with ornamental grasses. Ball Publishing. Batavia, Illinois, USA.
- SAS institute. 2001. SAS/STAT User's guide, Version 8.00, SAS Inst., Inc., Cary, NC, USA.
- Sohn, K.H. and Kim, H.S. 2010. Selection of Korean native plants as outdoor pot plants. Flower Res. J. 18(2):98-109. (In Korean)
- Sohn, K.H. and Kwon, H.J. 2008. Study of dried Korean native plants using for floral cluster. Flower Res. J. 16(4):266-274. (In Korean)
- Wilson, S.B. and Knox, G.W. 2006. Landscape performance, flowering, and seed viability of 15 Japanese silver grass cultivars grown and Northern and Southern Florida. HortTech. 16(4):686-693.
- Wilson, S.B. and Knox, G.W. 2009. Landscape performance, flowering, and seed viability of 10 green fountain grass alternative grown in Northern and Southern Florida. HortTech. 19(2):471-476.
- Yoon, A.R., Lee, M.W., Kim, S.K. and Kim, J.S. 2014. Morphological characteristics of weed seed fibers. Weed Turf. Sci. 3(3):196-205. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2014.3.3.196
- Yoon, H.C. 2011. A study on the symbolism of colors and patterns. J. Kor. Design Knowledge. 20:1-10. (In Korean)