- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The State of Charge Estimation for Lithium-Polymer Battery using a PI Observer
PI 상태관측기를 이용한 리튬폴리머 배터리 SOC 추정
- Lee, Junwon (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Jo, Jongmin (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Sungsoo (Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Cha, Hanju (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2015.01.23
- Accepted : 2015.03.06
- Published : 2015.04.20
In this study, a lithium polymer battery (LiPB) is simply expressed by a primary RC equivalent model. The PI state observer is designed in Matlab/Simulink. The non-linear relationship with the OCV-SOC is represented to be linearized with 0.1 pu intervals by using battery parameters obtained by constant-current pulse discharge. A state equation is configured based on battery parameters. The state equation, which applied Peukert's law, can estimate SOC more accurately. SOC estimation capability was analyzed by utilizing reduced Federal Test Procedure (FTP-72) current profile and using a bi-directional DC-DC converter at temperature (
Grant : 그린카 부품 상용화지원을 위한 가상개발환경(VIDE) 개발
Supported by : 산업통상자원부
- S. Piller, M. Perrin, and A. Jossen, "Methods for state-of-charge determination and their applications," J. Power Sources, Vol. 96, pp. 113-120, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7753(01)00560-2
- H. R. Eichi and M. Y. Chow, "Adaptive parameter identification and state-of-charge estimation of lithium-ion batteries," Proceedings of 38th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, Montreal, QC, Canada, pp. 4012-4017, Oct. 25-28, 2012.
- F. Huet, "A review of impedance measurements for determination of the state-of-charge or state-of-health of secondary batteries," Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 70, pp. 59-69, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7753(97)02665-7
- G. L. Plett, "Extended kalman filtering for battery management systems of LiPB-based HEV battery packs - Part 2. Modeling and identification," Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 134, pp. 262-276, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2004.02.032
- I. S. Kim, "State of charge estimator using sliding mode observer for hybrid electric vehicle lithium battery," Transactions of Korean Institute of Power Electronics, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 324-331, Aug. 2007.
- H. G. Kim, S. J. Heo, and G. B. Kang, "Modeling and state observer design of HEV li-ion battery," Transactions of Korean Institute of Power Electronics, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 360-368, Oct. 2008.
- M. Daowd, N. Omar, B. Verbrugge, P. V. D. Bossche, and J. V. Mierlo, "Battery models parameter estimation based on MATLAB/ Simulink(R)," EVS-25 Shenzhen, China, Nov. 2010.
- S. I. Kong, D. S. Kim, and H. J. Cha, "NiMH battery modeling and test considering C-rate, temperature and SOC," Power Electronics Annual Conference, pp. 413-414, July 2012.
- D. Doerffel and S. A. Sharkh, "A critical review of using the peukert equation for determining the remaining capacity of lead-acid and lithium-ion batteries," J. Power Sources, [Online]. 155(2), pp. 395-400, Apr. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2005.04.030
- J. K. Im, D. Y. Lim, Novie Ayub Windarko, J. H. Choi, and G. B. Chung, "Electrical modeling of lithium-polymer battery," Transactions of Korean Institute of Power Electronics, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 199-207, Apr. 2011. https://doi.org/10.6113/TKPE.2011.16.2.199