- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Analgesic Effects of Triptolide and N-nitro-L-arginine Methyl Ester in Rat's Temporomandibular Joint Pain Model
흰 쥐의 측두하악관절 통증모델에서 Triptolide와 N-nitro-L-arginine Methyl Ester의 통증조절효과
- Received : 2015.11.04
- Accepted : 2015.11.25
- Published : 2015.12.31
The aim of this study was to investigate whether intracisternal administrations of triptolide and N-nitro-L-arginine Methyl Ester (L-NAME) are involved in the regulation of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) pain. The TMJ pain was induced by the injection of 5% formalin (
Analgesic effect;L-NAME;Pain;Temporomandibular joint;Triptolide
- Won KA, Lim NH, Lee MK, et al.: A blockade of the central MAPK pathway attenuates referred pain in rats with complete freund's adjuvant-induced inflammation of the temporomandibular joint. Int J Oral Biol 35: 83-89, 2010.
- Choe JR, Song CW: The study for treatment of temporomandibular joint pain. J Korean Pain Soc 8: 86-92, 1995.
- Im YG, Baek HS, Kim BG: Correspondence between temporomandibular disorder symptoms and clinical examination findings. J Oral Med Pain 35: 83-91, 2010.
- Dworkin SF, Huggins KH, LeResche L, et al.: Epidemiology of signs and symptoms in temporomandibular disorders: clinical signs in cases and controls. J Am Dent Assoc 120: 273-281, 1990. https://doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.1990.0043
- Kim JY, Han KS, Jung DY, Lee SC: Predicting factors for the treatment outcome of intracapsular pain of the temporomandibular disorders. J Oral Med Pain Assoc 27: 77-87, 2002
- Barretto SR, de Melo GC, dos Santos JC, et al.: Evaluation of anti-nociceptive and anti-inflammatory activity of low-level laser therapy on temporomandibular joint inflammation in rodents. J Photochem Photobiol B 129: 135-142. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jphotobiol.2013.10.002
- Kim YK, Hyun KA, Lee MK: Anti-inflammatory and antioxidative antioxidative effects of acaiberry in formalininduced orofacial pain in rats. J Dent Hyg Sci 14: 240-247, 2014.
- Wang W, Mei XP, Chen L, et al.: Triptolide prevents and attenuates neuropathic pain via inhibiting central immune response. Pain Physician 15: E995-1006, 2012.
- Hu JY, Li CL, Wang YW: Intrathecal administration of triptolide, a T lymphocyte inhibitor, attenuates chronic constriction injury-induced neuropathic pain in rats. Brain Res 1436: 122-129, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brainres.2011.11.051
- Hang LH, Li SN, Shao DH, Chen Z, Chen YF, Shu WW: Evidence for involvement of spinal RANTES in the antinociceptive effects of triptolide, a diterpene triepoxide, in a rat model of bone cancer pain. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 115: 477-480, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1111/bcpt.12265
- Xu F, Li Y, Li S, et al.: Complete Freund's adjuvant-induced acute inflammatory pain could be attenuated by triptolide via inhibiting spinal glia activation in rats. J Surg Res 188: 174-182, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2013.11.1087
- Gao ZW, Wang DZ, Liu BL, Ma HH: Expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase in cartilage in progression of temporomandibular joint osteoarthritis. Hua Xi Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi 25: 216-218, 2007.
- Jeon YT, Seo KS, Ro YJ, et al.: The role of nitric oxide synthase isoforms in neuropathic pain induced by nerve injury in rats. Korean J Anesthesiol 48: 76-84, 2004.
- Kim MK, Choi Y, Kong HS, et al.: Effects of L-NAME on the mechanical hyperalgesia after the development of inflammation by freund's complete adjuvant in rat paw. J Korean Pain Soc 12: 171-176, 1999.
- Kang YM, Lee MK, Yang GY, Bae YC, Ahn DK: Participation of nitric oxide pathways in interleukin 1-induced mechanical allodynia in the orofacial area of rats. Int J Oral Bio 34: 1-6, 2009.
- Jung HS, Jeon, HB, Jeon IS, et al.: Preventing extracellular diffusion of trigeminal nitric oxide enhances formalin- induced orofacial pain. Korean J Physiol Pharmacol 13: 379-383, 2009. https://doi.org/10.4196/kjpp.2009.13.5.379
- Han DW, Kweon TD, Lee JS, Yoo YC, Lee YW, Kim SC: The interaction between intrathecal NMDA receptor antagonist and 5-HT3 receptor agonist in the rat formalin test. Korean J Anesthesiol 52: 694-701, 2007. https://doi.org/10.4097/kjae.2007.52.6.694
- Shim JH, Jun JH, Kim KH, Yeom JH, Suh JK: The analgesic interactions among intrathecal morphine, ketorolac and L-NAME on formalin-induced pain in rats. Korean J Anesthesiol 43: 780-790, 2002. https://doi.org/10.4097/kjae.2002.43.6.780
- Yang GY, Lee JH, Ahn DK: Participation of NMDA and non-NMDA glutamate receptors in the formalin-induced inflammatory temporomandibular joint nociception. Int J Oral Bio 32: 59-65, 2007.
- Kim YK, Choi JH, Lee HJ, et al.: Analgesic effects of triptolide via peripheral and central administration in rat model of inflammatory orofacial pain. J Dent Hyg Sci 15: 424-429, 2015. https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.4.424
- Hwang SJ, Lee JH, Chung TJ, et al.: A change of nitric oxide in rat drg following freund's complete adjuvant induced inflammtory pain. Korean J Anat 33: 135-142, 2000.
- Chen W, Zhang XD, Lu ZH, Wei DM: Effect of triptolide on iNOS and SP expressions in spinal dorsal horn and dorsal root ganglion of rats with adjuvant arthritis. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 39: 1675-1679, 2014.
- Kim YH, Lee SH, Lee JY, Choi SW, Park JW, Kwon TK: Triptolide inhibits murine-inducible nitric oxide synthase expression by down-regulating lipopolysaccharide-induced activity of nuclear factor-kappa B and c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase. Eur J Pharmacol 494: 1-9, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejphar.2004.04.040
Supported by : 동의대학교