- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Factors of Influencing the Benefit Amount according to the National Health Insurance Coverage in Pit and Fissure Sealants
치면열구전색 급여화에 따른 수혜량에 영향을 미치는 요인
- Received : 2015.11.02
- Accepted : 2015.11.15
- Published : 2015.12.31
The purpose of this study was to grasp the benefits from pit and fissure sealants and to analyze the factors of influencing the benefit amount by using the raw data of the Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey for 2007~2013 targeting the subjects aged from 6 years in full to 18 years. The analysis was used STATA 11.0. As a result of the analysis, the following conclusions were obtained. It rose up to 1.24 pieces after carrying out the national health insurance coverage from averagely 0.93 piece until the year in 2007~2009 (up to November) when is before enforcing the national health insurance coverage in the pit and fissure sealants. The benefits from pit and fissure sealants depending on general characteristics were surveyed to be higher in the higher income level, in the more subscription to health insurance and private insurance, and in the more toothbrushing frequency per day. The factors that have influence upon the benefits from pit and fissure sealants were shown to include whether or not to have the national health insurance coverage in the pit and fissure sealants, income level, health insurance type and private insurance subscription appearance, and one-day toothbrushing frequency. Synthesizing the results, a rise in the benefits from pit and fissure sealants is shown in 2010 based on December 2009 when the national health insurance coverage in the pit and fissure sealants was implemented, but is showing the tendency of declining again from 2011. To increase the benefits from pit and fissure sealants, it is thought that the schemes will need to be discussed such as reinforcing publicity on the national health insurance coverage in the pit and fissure sealants, expanding a support for low-income bracket, and differentiating the outpatient cost sharing according to socio-economic level.
Dental caries;Health insurance coverage;Pit and fissure sealant
- Kang BW, Kang HK, Koo IY, et al.: Preventive dentistry. 5th ed. Koonja Publishing Inc., Seoul, pp.25-26, 2014.
- Lee SK, Lee KW, Chang KW: Reasons for extracted permanent teeth in Korean population. J Korean Acad Oral Health 25: 139-163, 2001.
- Retrieved October 26, 2015, from http://www.hira.or.kr./ Information/Statistical Information/Treatment Cost Statistical Indices(2012).
- Kim SA, Kim S, Yoon MS, et al.: Contemporary preventive dentistry. 1st ed. DaehanNarae Publishing Inc., Seoul, pp.152, 2011.
- Cheon GT, Song HJ, Lyoo YJ, Kim TS, Shin SC, Cho JW: The supplies of pit and fissure sealant for Korean children and adolescents in 2003. J Korean Acad Oral Health 30: 204-211, 2006.
- Newbrun E: Cariology. 3rd ed. Quintessence, Chicago, pp.315, 1989.
- Harris NO, Garcia-Godoy F, Helm DM: Primary preventive dentistry. 6th ed. Appleton & Lange, Upper Saddle River, pp.285-318, 2004.
- Lee SH, Lee KH, Jang KT: The development of health insurance payment standards of pit and fissure sealant. J Korean Acad Pediatr Dent 36: 654-666, 2009.
- Research Group of Preventive Dentistry: Preventive dentistry. 3rd ed. Koonja Publishing Inc., Seoul, pp.239-263, 2010.
- Song KB: How to use xylitol for prevention of dental caries. J Korean Dent Assoc 46: 132-138, 2009.
- Kim JB, Choi YJ, Moon HS, et al.: Public health dentistry. 4th ed. Komoonsa, Seoul, pp.41-58, 2009.
- Kim JB, Choi YJ, Paik DI, et al.: Preventive dentistry. 4th ed. Komoonsa, Seoul, pp.185, 2004.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare: 2006 Oral health program plan. Ministry of Health and Welfare, Seoul, pp.170-171, 2006.
- Chung YB, Shin SC: A comparative experimental study on hardness in several materials for sealant. J Korean Acad Oral Health 20: 247-257, 1996.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare: Dental health program 2005. Ministry of Health and Welfare, Seoul, pp.105-109, 2005.
- Lee HJ, Bae KH: A change in the regional disparity based on the national insurance coverage of dental sealant in Korea. J Korean Acad Oral Health 38: 165-169, 2014. https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2014.38.3.165
- Retrieved October 28, 2015, from http://www.whocollab.od.mah.se/countriesalphab.html(2011).
- Ministry of Health and Welfare: 2012 Korean national oral health survey. Ministry of Health and Welfare, Seoul, pp.353-355, 2013.
- Ham HJ: Study on the factors that influence the treatment of dental sealants: based on the 4th and 5th Korean national health and nutrition examination survey. Unpublidhed master's thesis, Chungang University, Seoul, 2015.
- Kim JB, Kim SG, Lee YS, Son KJ, Jeon JG, Chang KW: Characteristics and anatomical surface of sealant with tooth type in children at Chonju city, Korea. J Korean Acad Oral Health 29: 33-42, 2005.
- National Assembly Secretariat Legislative Counseling Office: A study on the Improvement law for oral health promotion. National Assembly Secretariat Legislative Counseling Office, pp.83-88, 2011.
- National Health Insurance Survice, Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs: A report on the Korea health panel survey of 2013. National Health Insurance Survice, Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs, Seoul, pp.314-329, 2013.