- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
An EEG Encryption Scheme for Authentication System based on Brain Wave
뇌파 기반의 인증시스템을 위한 EEG 암호화 기법
- Received : 2015.01.09
- Accepted : 2015.02.08
- Published : 2015.03.30
Gradually increasing the value of the technology, the techniques of the various security systems to protect the core technology have been developed. The proposed security scheme, which uses both a Password and the various devices, is always open by malicious user. In order to solve that problem, the biometric authentication systems are introduced but they have a problem which is the secondary damage to the user. So, the authentication methods using EEG(Electroencephalography) signals were developed. However, the size of EEG signals is big and it cause a lot of problems for the real-time authentication. And the encryption method is necessary. In this paper, we proposed an efficient real-time authentication system applied encryption scheme with junk data using chaos map on the EEG signals.
EEG(Electroencephalography);Authentication System;Chaos Map;XOR Operation;Encryption;Brain Wave
- W. Khalifa, A. Salem, M. Roushdy, and K, Revett, "A Survey of EEG based User Authentication Schemes," Proceeding of The 8th International Conference on Inforrmatics and Systems, pp. 55-60, 2012.
- W. Stallings, Network Security Essentials : Applications and Standards, Pearson Education, UK, 2013.
- S.I Shin, J.H Cho and M.N Kim, "Proposition for 4 Channel Frontal Lobe Electrode Configuration and Study on EOG Removal from Measured EEG," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 167-175, 2003.
- A. Zúquete, B. Quintela, and J.P. da Silva Cunha, "Biometric Authentication using Brain Responses to Visual Stimuli," Biosignals, pp. 103-112, 2010.
- C. Shannon, "Communication Theory of Secrecy Systems," Bell Systems Journal, Vol. 28. No. 4, pp. 659-715, 1949.
- D.D. Patil, N.A. Nemade, and K.M. Attarde, "Iris Recognition using Fuzzy System," International Journal of Computer Science and Management Studies, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 14-17, 2013.
- J. FRIDRICH, “Image Encryption based on Chaotic Maps,” Proceeding of IEEE International Conference on Computational Cybernetics and Simulation, pp. 1105-1110, 1997.
- J.Y. Chung and Y.S. Hong, “Encryption Scheme of Image Header Information for Security of Ultra High Resolution Images,” Proceeding of Korea Computer Congress 2012, Vol. 39, No. 2C, pp. 107-109, 2012.
- J.Y. Chung and Y.S. Hong, “Parallel Image Encryption Schemes for Security of Ultra High Resolution Images,” Proceeding of Korea Computer Congress 2012, Vol. 39, No. 1C, pp. 274-276, 2012.
- C.F. Lin, S.H Shih, J.D. Zhu, and S.H Lee, “Implementation of An Offline Chaos-based EEG Encryption Software,” Proceeding of Advanced Communication Technology International Conference, pp. 430-433, 2012.
- C.F. Lin, S.H. Shih, J.D. Zhu, S.H. Lee, and C.W. Liu. "C# based EEG Encryption System using Chaos Algorithm," Proceeding of 1st International Conference Complex Systems and Chaos, pp.59-62, 2013.
- C.F. Lin and C.H. Chung, "A Chaos-based Visual Encryption Mechanism in Integrated ECG/EEG Medical Signals," Proceeding of Advanced Communication Technology ICACT 10th Intenational Conference, Vol. 3, pp. 1903-1907, 2008.
- C. Ashby, A. Bhatia, F. Tenore, and J. Vogelstein, "Low-cost Electroencephalogram (EEG) based Authentication," Proceeding of Neural Engineering, 5th International IEEE/ EMBS Conference, pp. 442-445, 2011.
- Development of Efficient Encryption Scheme on Brain-Waves Using Five Phase Chaos Maps vol.16, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5391/IJFIS.2016.16.1.59
Supported by : Kimpo University