- Volume 35 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Ductility in Reinforced Concrete Members Using Material Models in Eurocode2
유로코드 2 재료모형을 사용한 철근콘크리트 부재의 연성도 평가
- Choi, Seung Won (Chosun College of Science & Technology)
- 최승원 (조선이공대학교 토목건설과)
- Received : 2014.07.07
- Accepted : 2015.02.10
- Published : 2015.04.01
In concrete structural design provisons, there is a minimum allowable strain of steel to ensure a ductility of RC members and a c/d is limited for the same purpose in EC2. In general, a ductility capacity of RC members is evaluated by a displacement ductility which is a ratio of ultimate displacement to yield displacement, and it is necessary to calculate accurately a yield displacement and an ultimate displacement to evaluate a displacement ductility. But a displacement in members is affected by various member characteristics, so it is hard to calculate a displacement exactly. In this study, a displacement ductility is calculated by calculating a yield displacement and an ultimate displacement through a moment-curvature relationship. The main variables examined are concrete strength, yield strength, steel ratio, spacing of confinement, axial force ratio and concrete ultimate strain. As results, as a concrete strength is increased, a ductility displacement is increased. But as yield strength, steel ratio, spacing of confinement and axial force ratio are increased, a displacement ductility is decreased. And a displacement ductility is necessary to calculate a response modification factor (R) of columns for seismic design, so it is appeared that it is important to calculate a displacement ductility more accurately.
- Adeel, Z. (2009). Response modification factor of reinforced concrete moment resisting frames in developing countries, Master's Thesis, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, U.S.A..
- Bai, Z. Z. and Au, F. T. T. K. (2011). "Flexural ductility design of high-strength concrete beams." The Structural Design of Tall Special Buildings, pp. 521-542.
- Choi, S. W. and Kim, W. (2010). "Deflection calculation based on stress-strain curve for concrete in RC members." J. of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 30, No. 4A, pp. 383-389 (in Korean).
- Cusson, D. and Paultre, P. (1995). "Stress-strain model for confined high-strength concrete." J. of Structural Eng., ASCE, Vol. 121, No. 3, pp. 468-477. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1995)121:3(468)
- Denpongpan, T. and Shima, H. (2005). "Effect of axial load on ductility of reinforced concrete columns." 30th Conference on Our World in Concrete & Structures.
- European Committee for Standardization (2002). Eurocode 2-design of concrete structures.
- Hamid, R. A., Hossein, B. and Neda, E. (2012). "Comparison of analytical and experimental results of ductility factor in reinforced concrete structures." Life Science Journal, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 2721-2734.
- Ho, J. C. M., Kwan, A. K. H. and Pam, H. J. (2003). "Theoretical analysis of post-peak behavior of normal and high strength concrete beams." The Structural Design of Tall Special Buildings, pp. 109-125.
- International Federation for Structural Concrete (1999). Structural concrete-manual, fib(CEB-FIP), Switzerland, Vol. 1, pp. 112-131.
- Karlsruhe, J. E., Concrete structures euro-design handbook, Ernst & Sohn, pp. 237-250.
- Kim, W., Kim, J. K., Oh, B. H., Jung, R. and Choi, W. C. (2007). Design of concrete structures, Dong Hwa Technology Publishing Co. (in Korean).
- Ko, S. H. (2013). "Displacement ductility of circular RC column according to the spacing spirals." J. of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 71-82 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.11112/jksmi.2013.17.2.071
- Korea Concrete Institute (KCI) (2012). Concrete structural design provisions (in Korean).
- Lee, H. J. (2013). "Evaluation on moment-curvature relations and curvature ductility factor of reinforced concrete beams with high strength materials." J. of the Korea Concrete Institute, Vol. 25, No. 11, pp. 283-294 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2013.25.3.283
- Mander, J. B., Priestley, M. J. N. and Park, R. (1988). "Theoretical stress-strain model for confined concrete." J. of Structural Eng., ASCE, Vol. 114, No. 8, pp. 1804-1825. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1988)114:8(1804)
- Pam, H., J., Kwan, A. K. and Islam, M. S. (2001). "Flexural strength and ductility of reinforced normal and high strength concrete beams." Proceeding of the ICE-Structures and Buildings, Vol. 146, No. 4, pp. 381-389.
- Park, C. K., Chung, Y. S. and Lee, D. H. (2007). "Limited-ductile seismic design and performance assessment method of RC bridge piers based on displacement ductility." J. of the Korea Concrete Institute, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 19-26 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2007.19.1.019
- Rashid, M. A. and Mansur, M. A. (2005). "Reinforced high-strength concrete beams in flexure." ACI Structural Journal, Vol. 102, No. 3, pp. 462-471.
- Saatchioglu, M. and Razvi, S. R. (1992). "Strength and ductility of confined concrete." J. of Structural Eng., ASCE, Vol. 118 , No. 6, pp. 1590-1607. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1992)118:6(1590)
- Effects of elementary school neighbourhood environment on children’s play activities: a case study of GaeMyong elementary school neighbourhood pp.2161-6779, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1080/12265934.2019.1570862