- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of AHP-Based Mobile MMORPG Game Interface Usability
AHP 기반 모바일 MMORPG 인터페이스 사용성 평가
- Kwon, Il-Kyoung (Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Lee, Sang-Yong (Div. of Computer Science & Engineering, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2015.01.07
- Accepted : 2015.03.20
- Published : 2015.03.28
The use of games using smartphones have become universal, and the market share of MMORPG among various game genres shows an uptrend. However, MMORPG requires complex interface in view of the genre characteristics, and therefore, there are difficulties in building interface for efficient game play. This study analyzed game interface characteristics to suggest MMORPG game interface suitable for the mobile environment, and carried out a questionnaire survey evaluation on the usability of fight, exploration, character and transaction interfaces targeting 12 users. To quantitatively evaluate the subjective questionnaire survey results, this study analyzed a correlation between the characteristics of game interface and popularity using AHP. As a result, there was a close correlation between game selection & popularity and interface, and this study ascertained that interface development through game interface usability evaluation using AHP was possible.
AHP;Analytic Hierarchy Process;MMORPG;Game Interface;Mobile Game Interface
- S. K. Song., S. J. Kim., J. H. Lee., Usability Evaluation of Massively Multi-player Online Game Design and Key Design Factors, Journal of Korean Society of Design Science, Iss. 64, Vol. 19 No. 2, pp.195-206, 2006.
- H. S. Yoon., A Study on the Evaluation Model of Fun in Online Gameplay, Human Contents of Association, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 53-83, 2011.
- W. W. Lee., Study on the User-Interface Design of On-Line Game, Journal of Korea Design Forum, Vol. 8, pp.218-230, 2003.
- K. B., Kim., Comparative Analysis of Users' Cognitive Differences in MMORPG Interfaces, Korea Digital Design Council, Journal of Digital Design, Vol. 8 No. 1, pp.455-464, 2008.
- S. H. Lim., N. I. Park., MMORPG Users' Motivations and the Spill-over Effect on their off-line Leadership Development, Korean Journal of Journalism & Communication Studies, Vol. 51 No. 6, pp.322-345, 2007.
- C. I. Park., H. S. Yang., H. S. Yang., Fun Factors by Game Genre, The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 7, No. 12., pp.20-29, 2007.
- H. S. Yoon., Key issues for online game development, Korea Games Conference, 2005.
- M. H. Lee., An analysis of Fun Using Hierarchical Analysis, The Graduate School Seoul National University, Master Degrees, 2006.
- Y. C. Kwon., S. R. Park., W. H. Lee., A Study on Game Interface Using Multi-Touch, Journal of The Korean Society for Computer Game, No. 19, pp.14-20, 2009.
- Z. Lei., Research on Usability of Mobile Game Item Purchasing Interface - Focusing on Top Three Game of Korean Google Play, A Journal of Brand Design Association of Korea, Iss. 29, Vol. 12, No.1, pp.307-318, 2014. https://doi.org/10.18852/bdak.2014.12.1.307
- J. K., Kim., Searching for popularity factor of mobile game : Interface Quantification, Journal of The Korean Society for Computer Game, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp.89-95, 2012.
- S. H. Lee., S. R., Park., A Study on Game Using Multi-Touch Technology, Journal of The Korean Society for Computer Game, Vol. 3, No. 21, pp.67-72, 2010.
- J. H., Yun., G. H., Oh., A Study on Effective Tangible control for Smartphone Game, Journal of The Korean Society for Computer Game, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp.95-106, 2012.
- T. L. Saaty., The Analytical Hierarchy Process, Mc Graw Hill, New York. 1980.
- T. L. Saaty., How to Make a Decision: The Analytic Hierarchy Process, European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 48, pp.9-26. 1990. https://doi.org/10.1016/0377-2217(90)90057-I
- Google Play, https://play.google.com
- Expert Choice, http://www.expertchoice.com