- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Factors Affecting the Life Satisfaction of the Mentally Ill People in Mental Care Facilities
시설거주 정신장애인의 삶의 만족에 영향을 미치는 요인
- Lee, Sun-Young (Dept. of Nursing Kongju National University) ;
- Lee, Jeong-Sook (Dept. of Nursing Jungwon University)
- Received : 2015.01.09
- Accepted : 2015.03.20
- Published : 2015.03.28
The purpose of this study was to identify the factors affecting the life satisfaction of the mentally ill people in mental care facilities. The data were collected by a self-reported questionnaire form 215 mentally ill people in mental care facilities from July 1 to 28, 2014. The instruments for this study were depression, self-esteem, social support, insight and life satisfaction. The data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, Pearson's correlation coefficients, and hierarchial multiple linear regression with the SPSS/WIN 18.0 program. According to results, the significant factors influencing life satisfaction were social support (
Supported by : 공주대학교
- S. H. You, H. C. Choi, A study on self-esteem and life satisfaction of the people with mental illness influenced by their spiritual wellbeing. Mental Health & Social Work, Vol. 24, No. 12, pp. 36-63, 2006.
- S. H. Cho, A study on the impact of social stigma perceived by the mentally ill on their satisfaction of life. Master's thesis, Nambu University, pp. 1-17, 2012.
- O. K. Yang, A study on development of the quality of life scale. Korean Journal of Social Welfare, Vol. 24, pp. 157-198, 1994.
- I. S. Choi, K. S. Ko, Effects of service utilization, family and social support on the quality of life of the mental recuperation institutions. Mental Health & Social Work, Vol. 27, pp. 331-359, 2007.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, 2014 mental health business guide, pp. 9-21, 2014.
- S. Y. Kim, S. K. Kahng, Effects of management styles on self-stigma of individuals with mental illnesses : Implications for rehabilitation. Journal of Rehabilitation Research, Vol. 16. No. 4, pp. 173-198, 2012.
- J. S. Lee, S. Y. Lee, A study on the quality of life and recovery for a mental disorder. Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12. No. 6, pp. 457-465, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.6.457
- J. H. Lee, M. K. Seo, Effects of involvement in the program and program environments on social adjustment and life satisfaction of the mental illness. Korean journal of social welfare studies, Vol. 35, pp. 67-92, 2007.
- S. Y. Lee, A study on the factors affecting quality of life of the mentally ill from the perspective of ecosystem. Ph.D. dissertation, Seoul Women's University, pp. 85-97. 2004.
- H. Murphy, E. K. Murphy, Comparing quality of life using the world health organization quality of life measure (WHOQOL-100) in a clinical and non-clinical sample: Exploring the role of self-esteem, self-efficacy and social functioning. Journal of Mental Health, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 289-300, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1080/09638230600700771
- M. S. Chung, S. I. Kang, Determinants of quality of life in mentally disabled residents of social welfare institutions. Korean Journal of Social Welfare Research, Vol. 24, pp. 81-108, 2010.
- W. K. Kang, A study on relationship life satisfaction according to the family support and family function the mentally handicapped perceives. Master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, pp. 1-66, 2002.
- J. Y. Woo, H. S. Kim, Ego-states and quality of life among pPersons with mental disorders, J Korean Acad Psych Mental Health Nurs, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 14-22, 2004.
- Y. H. Huh, A study on life satisfaction of mental disorders in residential facilities. Master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, pp. 1-87, 2003.
- M. A. Kim, S. H. Kim, The effect of residence on the life satisfaction of mentally disabled : Comparison of facility and home. Korean Journal of Care Management, Vol. 11, pp. 101-120, 2014.
- S. Y. Kim, A study about influential factors for life satisfaction - mental healthcare hospital patients -. Ph.D. dissertation, Daejeon University, pp. 1-73, 2014.
- M. K. Seo, C. N. Kim, Effects of perceived stigma on life satisfaction and self-esteem of the mental illness. Korean Journal of Social Welfare, Vol. 56, No. 4, pp. 173-194, 2004.
- M. J. Cho, K. H. Kim, Diagnostic validity of the CES-D(Korean Version) in the assessment of DSM-III-R major depression. Journal of The Korean Neuropsychiatric Association, Vol. 32, No. 3, pp. 381-399, 1993.
- M. Rosenberg, Society and the adolescents self-image. Princeton, NJ: Princeton: Princeton University Press, p. 347, 1965.
- B. J. Jon, Self-esteem: A test of it's measurability. Yonsei Journal, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 107-130, 1974.
- J. W. Park, (A) Study for the social support scale development. Ph.D. Dissertation, Yonsei University, p. 127, 1985.
- A. S. David, Insight and psychosis. The British Journal of Psychiatry, Vol. 156, No. 6, pp. 798-808, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1192/bjp.156.6.798
- Y. J. Choi, S. S. Choi, A study on the recovery attitude and factors affecting the recovery attitude in mentally disabled. Mental Health & Social Work, Vol. 26, pp. 111-143, 2007.
- L. Hansson, Determinants of quality of life in people with severe mental illness. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica, Vol. 113, pp. 46-50, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0447.2005.00717.x
- P. B. Fitzgerald, C. L. Williams, N. Corteling, S. L. Filia, K. Brewer, A. Adams, A. R. A. De Castella, T. Rolfe, P. Davey, J. Kulkarni, Subject and observer-rated quality of life in schizophrenia. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica, Vol. 103, No. 5, pp. 387-392, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-0447.2001.00254.x
- R. Ghubach, O. El-Rufaie, T. Zoubeidi, S. Sabri, S. Yousif, H. F. Moselhy, Subjective life satisfaction and mental disorders among older adults in UAE in general population. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, Vol. 25, No. 5, pp. 458-465, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1002/gps.2360
- E. H. Kim, Y. H. Kim, A comparison of social support, self-esteem, and social adjustment of mentally disabled living at residential facilities and home. J Korean Acad Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 78-86, 2009.
- K. S. Han, P. S. Lee, E. Y. Park, Influencing factors on quality of life of chronic mental illness. J Korean Acad Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 265-275, 2001.
- Y. Y. Kim, H. S. Park, The effects of insight and empowerment on function and quality of life for patients with schizophrenia. J Korean Acad Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 11-21, 2010. https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2010.19.1.11
- M. A. Alexander, L. N. Francisco, G. K. Harold, Religiousness and mental health: a review, Revista Brasileira de Psiquiatria, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 242-250, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1590/S1516-44462006005000006