- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis of the Influence of Human Nature Factors, Mental Health Factors and Fatigue on Occupational Stress among Hospital Administrative Staff Using a Structural Equation Model
구조방정식모형을 이용한 병원행정직의 인성, 정신건강 및 피로가 직무스트레스에 미치는 영향 분석
- Bae, Sang-Yun (Dept. of Health Administration, Vision University of Jeonju) ;
- Kim, Seung-Hee (Dept. of Health Administration, Vision University of Jeonju)
- Received : 2014.12.09
- Accepted : 2015.03.20
- Published : 2015.03.28
This study was performed to determine the occupational stress and its association with human nature factors, mental health factors and fatigue among some hospital administrative staff. The survey was administered to 189 staff in Jeonbuk area from June 1st to July 31th, 2014. The level of occupational stress was positively correlated with human nature, mental health and fatigue. The results of hierarchical multiple regression analysis show the following. The occupational stress of respondents turned out to be significantly higher in following groups: a group of female, a group that chance locus of control is higher, a group that external locus of control is lower, a group of the lower self-esteem, a group of higher situational fatigue, a group of higher psycho-social stress, and a group of higher depression. Their explanatory power was 60.4%. With the analysis of covariance structure, we could confirm relationship among the four factors such as human nature, mental health, fatigue and occupational stress. Also, the analysis showed that human nature factors were more influential on the occupational stress than mental health factors and fatigue.
Hospital Administrative Staff;Human nature;Mental health;Fatigue;Occupational Stress
- S. J. Chang, S. B. Koh, M. G. Kang, S. J. Hyun, B. S. Cha, J. K. Park, J. H. Park, S. A. Kim, D. M. Kang, S. S. Chang, K. J. Lee, E. H. Ha, M. N. Ha, J. M. Woo, J. J. Cho, H. S. Kim, J. S. Park, Correlates of self-rated fatigue in Korean employees. Korean J Prev Med, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 71-81, 2005.
- S. H. Kim, S. Y. Bae, Factors related to occupational stress among hospital administrative staff, Journal of digital convergence, Vol. 12. No. 10, pp. 433-443, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.10.433
- J. K. Ko, Y. J. Seo, H. Y. Park, The effect of job stress and social support on the organizational effectiveness of hospital employees. Korean journal of preventive medicine, Vol. 29 No. 2, pp.295-309, 1996.
- J. J. Chung, The effect of hospital environment on employees job stress, Korean journal of environmental health society, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp.72-76, 2002.
- S. J. Chang, S. B. Koh, D. M. Kang, M. K. Kang,, C. G. Lee, J. J. Jung, J. J. Cho, M. Son, C. H. Chae, J. W. Kim, Developing an occupational stress scale for korean employees. The Korean journal of occupational and environmental medicine, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 297-317. 2005.
- M. Friedman, RH. Rosenman, Association of specific overt behavior pattern with blood and cardiovascular findings. JAMA, Vol 169, No. 12, pp. 1286-1296, 1959. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.1959.03000290012005
- J. Rotter, Social learning and clinical psychology. Englewood Cliffs, NJ, Pentice-Hall, Inc. 1954.
- S. J. Chang, S. B. Koh, M. G. Kang, B. S. Cha, J. K. Park, S. J. Hyun, J. H. Park, S. A. Kim, D. M. Kang, S. S. Chang, K. J. Lee, E. H. Ha, M. Ha, J. M. Woo, J. J. Cho, H. S. Kim, J. S. Park, Epidemiology of psychosocial distress in korean employees. Korean J Prev Med, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 25-37, 2005.
- H. S. Kim, The mediating effects of self-efficacy on the relationship between job-stress and depression. Journal of the korea academia-industrial cooperation Society. Vol. 14, No. 10, pp. 5069-5077, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.10.5069
- J. H. Lee, W. H. Cho, S. J. Chang, Y. H. Kim, The Effects of work and psychosocial stress on job satisfaction, organizational commitment, and leaving intention in general hospital female office workers, Korean journal of hospital management, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 1-22, 2012.
- S. J. Chang, A study on the distribution and risk factors for psychosocial distress, and the development work site stress reduction program. Ministry of Health & Welfare. Seoul. 2001.
- BJ. Jon, Self-esteem: A test of its measurability. Yonsei Journal, Vol. 11, 107-129. 1974.
- MM. Weissman, BZ. Locke, Comparison of a self-report symptom rating scale(CES-D) with standardized depression rating scales in psychiatric populations. Am J Epidemiol, Vol. 102, pp. 430-431, 1975.
- S. J. Chang, Standardization of job stress measurement scale for korean employee. Korea occupational safety and health agency(OSHRI). pp. 17-41, 2004.
- H. Y. So, H. S, Yoon, Y. C. Cho, Effects of quality of sleep and related factors for fatigue symptoms of nurses in an university hospital, korean society of adult nursing, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 513-525, 2008.