- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A study on the Wellness Change of Life in the Baby Boomer Generation
베이비부머 세대 삶의 웰니스 변화에 관한 연구
- Jang, Yu-Mi (Department of Social Welfare, Changshin University) ;
- Hur, Young-Lim (Department of Nursing, Changshin University) ;
- Jung, Myun-Sook (College of Nursing, Institute of Health Sciences, Gyeongsang National University)
- Received : 2014.11.13
- Accepted : 2015.03.20
- Published : 2015.03.28
This study attempts to find how the government policies regarding population aging may affect the life patterns of the baby boomers and what factors play a significant role in providing life wellness. This study uses the data provided by Korea Welfare Panel Study published between the years 2006 and 2011. First, according to the analysis of the data from Korea Welfare Panel Study in the year 2006, the factors affecting the life wellness are family relations, health and social relations. However, between the years 2007 and 2009, the major factor is not the present income providing security or life satisfaction. Second, the next significant factor in improving the wellness of life is family relations after health or occupation. Therefore, the government should provide them with re-employment programs prior to their retirement through which baby boomers can find employment similar or different to their present occupations. For improving the wellness of life, the most significant factor is family relations.
- Statistics Korea, Statistics of the Aged, Seoul: Statistics Korea Press, 2008.
- I. J. Rha, C. Y. Lim, S. H. Park, Preparing for the Retiring Baby Boom Generation(RBBG) in Korea, Journal of Welfare for the Aged , Vol. 42. pp. 151-174, 2008.
- B. Neugarten, R. J. Havighurst, and S. S. Tobin, Personality and Patterns of Aging in Middle age and aging, Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1968.
- S. D. Ko, An Analytical Study of Factors Affecting Quality of Life of the Elderly. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of Ewha Womans, Seoul, 1995.
- T. H. Kim, D. B. Kim, M. H. Kim, Y. J. Lee, A. S. Kim, A Study on Improvement of the Quality of Life for the Aged, Journal of Gerontological Socioty, Vol. 19, No. 1. pp. 61-81,1999
- Y. H. Kim and K. S. Kim, A Study on the Relationship between Self-Esteem and Quality of Life of the Elderly, Korea Journal of Welfare for the Aged, Vol. 7. pp. 157-189, 2002
- R. Larson, Thirty Years of Research on The Subjection Well-Being of Older Americans, Journal of Gerontology, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 109-125, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1093/geronj/33.1.109
- K. Magilvy, Quality of life hearing impaired older women, Nursing Research, Vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 140-144, 1985.
- J. S. Kim, A Study on Life Satisfaction of The Elderly in Korea, Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of Ewha Womans, Seoul, 1987.
- M. H. Ahn, A Study on Motivations for Smart Phone Use and Use Patterns according to Life Style of Baby Boom Generation, Unpublished master dissertation, University of Ewha Womans, Seoul, 2012.
- Y. K. Noh,Quality of Life Scale, The Journal of Family Practice, Vol. 19, No. 11. pp. 1043-1050, 1998.
- A. G. Klein, and H. Moosbrugger, Maximum likelihood estimation of latent interaction effects with the LMS method, Psychometrika, Vol. 65, No. 4, pp. 457-474. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02296338
- B. R. Bae, LISREL Structure Equation Model(SEM), Seoul: Chungram Press, 2005.
- S. B. Moon, Application of Structure Equation Model(SEM). Seoul: Hannarae Press. 2008.
- D. M. Yeum, A study on the development and application of the deaf identity scale of hearing disabled people, Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of Kyungsung, Busan, 2009.
- S. H. Hong, The Criteria for Selecting Appropriate Fit Indices in Structural Equation Modeling and Their Rationales, Journal of Korea Psychology Study, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 63-78, 2000.
- K. S. Kim, Structure Equation Model( SEM) Analysis by AMOS . Data Solution, 2004.
- W. P. Kim, Structure Equation Model(SEM) Analysis used Aoms. Society & Statistic. 2008.
- Korea Labor Institute, A Study on Baby Boom Generation Work Life in Korea, 2010.