- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Research on the Effects of a Consultant's Nonverbal Communications on a Client's Evaluation
컨설턴트의 비언어커뮤니케이션이 고객 평가에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구
- Shin, Dong-Ju (Dept. Of Knowledge Service & Consulting, Hansung University) ;
- Lee, Seok Kee (Dept. of Industrial Management and Engineering, Hansung University) ;
- You, Yen-Yoo (Dept. Of Knowledge Service & Consulting, Hansung University)
- Received : 2015.01.10
- Accepted : 2015.03.20
- Published : 2015.03.28
This research focused on the research on nonverbal communication among communication, an important trait of consultants, who provide knowledge for the clients. The aim was to investigate meaningful influence on the perceived evaluation of clients, as well as the influence on the consulting corporate trust. The research results can be summarized as follows. It was verified that consultants' nonverbal communication positively influenced perceived consultants' evaluation. Also, it was confirmed that clients' perceived consultant evaluation positively influenced service provision corporate trust and long-term relationships.
Prosocial Service Behavior;Consultant Evaluations;Corporate Trust;Long-term Relationship Orientation;Convergence
Supported by : 한성대학교
- D. J. Shin. Y. Y. You, Research on the Effects of a Project Manager's Competency on a Consultant's Ethical Attitude and the Consulting Achievement with the Regulation Effects of CEO Support. Journal of Digital Policy, Vol.12 No.5 pp.191-201, 2014.
- Walker James, Consulting Outcomes Research Project, ND Small Business Development Center, University of North Dakota, pp.6, 2004.
- D. J. Shin. Y. Y. You, A Study on the Impact of Consultant's Competencies on Service Quality and Performance of Consulting, Journal of Digital Policy, Vol.10, No.4, pp.63-78, 2012.
- Burgoon, J.K. Birk, T.& Pfau, M.(1990). Nonverbal behaviors, persuasion, and credibility. Human Communication Research, Vol.17, No.1, pp.140-169, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-2958.1990.tb00229.x
- D. J. Shin.Y. Y. You, K. S Na.D. S Na, Impact of Consultant Competency on Customer Participation and Consulting Achievement. Journal of Convergence Information Technology, Vol.8, No.14, pp.549-558, 2013.
- K. D, Jandt, Developments and perspectives of scanning probe microscopy(SPM) on organic materials systems. Materials Science and Engineering: R: Reports, Vol.21. No.5, pp.221-295, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0927-796X(97)00012-0
- L. Birdwhistell, Introduction to Kinesics. Louisville. University of Louisville Press, 1952.
- R. L. Miller.C. Seligman.N. T.Clark.M. Bush, Perceptual contrast versus reciprocal concession as mediators of induced compliance. Canadian Journal of Behavioural Science/Revue canadienne des sciences du comportement, Vol.8, No.4, pp.401-409, 1976. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0081965
- J. Ruesch.W. Kees, Nonverbal Communication. Berkeley: University of California Press, 1956.
- D. S. Sundaram. C. Webster, The Role of Nonverbal Communication in Service Encounters. The Journal of Service Marketing. Vol.14, No.5, pp.378-391, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876040010341008
- S. Y. Lee, A Study on effect of Employee Evaluations Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty by Nonverbal Communication, Graduate School of Sejong University, 2010.
- D. Y. Lee, The Education of Oral Language and Culture Creation, Journal of Elementary Korean Education, Vol. No.20, pp.25-45, 2002.
- K. R. Scherer, Vocal Affect Expression: A Review and Model for Further Reaserch, Psychological Bulletin, Vol.99, No.2, pp.143-165, 1986.
- L. Knapp, Nonverbal communication in human interaction, Holt, Rinchart & Winston, 1978.
- M. .R. Solomon.C. Surprenant.J. A. Czepiel. .E. G. Gutman, A role Theory Perspective on Dyadic Interactions : The Service Encounter, Journal of Marketing. Vol.49, No.1, pp.99-111, 1985.
- J. E. Swan.I. F. Trawick.D. W. Silva, How Industrial Salespeople Gain Customer Trust, Industrial Marketing Mangement, Vol.14, No.3, pp.203-211, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1016/0019-8501(85)90039-2
- R. A. Westbrook.R. L. Oliver, The Dimensionality of Consumption Emotion Patterns and Comsumer Satisfaction. Journal of Consummer Research, Vol.18, No.6, pp.84-91, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1086/209243
- M. J. Bitner.H. B. Bernard. S. T. Mary The Service Encounter: Diagnosing Favorable and Unfavorable Incidents. Journal of Marketing, Vol.54, No.1, pp.71-84, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252174
- R. M. Morgan.S. D. Hunt, The Commitment-Trust Theory of Relationship Marketing, Journal of Marketing, Vol. 58, No. 3, pp.20-38, 1994.
- P. M. Doney.P. C. Joseph, An Examination of the Nature of Trustin Buyer-Seller Relationships, Journal of Marketing, Vol.61, No.2, pp.35-51., 1997. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251829
- H. H. Kelley.W. T. John, Interpersonal relations: A theory of interdependence. New York: Wiley, 1978.
- F. R. Dwyer.P. H. Schurr.S. Oh, Developing Buyer-Seller Relationships, Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.51, No.2, pp.11-27, 1987.
- L. R. Kahle.P. M. Homer, Physical Attractiveness of the Celebrity Endorser : A social Adaptation Perspective, Journal of Consumer Research, Vol.11, No.3, pp.954-961, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1086/209029
- S. T. Chung, An Empirical Study on Factors to Purchase Intention Affected by Clients Under Uncertainty of Consulting Services, Graduate School Hansung University, p.49, p.55, 2014.
- K. P.Gwinner.D. D. Gremler.M. J. Bitner, Relational Benefits in Services Industries: The Customer's Perspective, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.26, No.2, pp.101-114, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070398262002
- A. Mehrabian, Nonverbal communication. Transaction Publishers, 1972.