- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Consultant's Pro-social Service Behavior on Relational Embeddedness, Relationship Trust, Relationship Satisfaction and Long-term Relationship Orientation
컨설턴트의 친사회적 서비스가 관계적 배태성, 관계신뢰, 관계만족, 장기관계지향성에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구
- Shin, Dong-Ju (Dept. Of Knowledge Service & Consulting, Hansung University) ;
- Hong, Jung-Wan (Dept. of Industrial Management and Engineering, Hansung University) ;
- You, Yen-Yoo (Dept. Of Knowledge Service & Consulting, Hansung University)
- Received : 2015.01.10
- Accepted : 2015.03.20
- Published : 2015.03.28
This study aimed to study the relational embeddedness theory which has been actively studied in the fields of marketing and psychology to the consulting industry. This study also aimed to find out if various efforts and pro-social service behavior of the consultant, a service provider in the consulting industry may have a positive effect on customer relationships. The results of the study can be summarized as follows: The pro-social service behavior of the consultant was verified to have a positive effect on relationship trust, relationship satisfaction with customers and relational embeddedness was found to have a positive effect on relationship trust and relationship satisfaction. In addition, relational embeddedness, relationship trust, and relationship satisfaction were found to have a positive effect on long-term relationship orientation.
Consulting;Consultant;Prosocial Service Behavior;Relational Embeddedness;Relationship Trust;Relationship Satisfaction;Long-term Relationship Orientation;Convergence
Supported by : 한성대학교
- D. J. Shin.Y. Y. You, K. S Na.D. S Na, Impact of Consultant Competency on Customer Participation and Consulting Achievement. Journal of Convergence Information Technology, Vol.8, No.14, pp.549-558, 2013.
- D. J. Shin. Y. Y. You, A Study on the Impact of Consultant's Competencies on Service Quality and Performance of Consulting, Journal of Digital Policy, Vol.10, No.4, pp.63-78, 2012.
- R. McKenna, Marketing is Everything. Harvard Business Review, Vol. 69, No.1, pp. 65-79, 1991.
- Morgan, M.. Robert.Hunt.D. Shelby, The Commitment-Trust Theory of Relationship Marketing, Journal of Marketing, Vol. 58, No. 3, pp.20-38, 1994. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252308
- Bitner, M. J.H. B. Bernard. S. T. Mary The Service Encounter: Diagnosing Favorable and Unfavorable Incidents. Journal of Marketing, Vol.54, No.1, pp.71-84, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252174
- A. P. Brief.S. J. Motowidlo, "Prosocial Organizational Behaviors," Academy of Management Review, Vol.11, No.4, pp.710-725, 1986. https://doi.org/10.5465/AMR.1986.4283909
- N. Lacetera.M. Macis, Social image concerns and prosocia behavior: Field evidence from a nonlinear incentive scheme.Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Vol.76, No.2, pp.225-237, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jebo.2010.08.007
- L. A. Bettencourt.S. W. Brown, Contact Employees: Relationship Among Workplace Fairness, Job Satisfaction and Prosocial Service Behavior, Journal of Retailing, Vol.73, No.1, pp.39-61, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(97)90014-2
- J. H. Nam, The Effect of Perceived Prosocial Behaviors on Market and Quality Performance in the Hotel Industry. Journal of Korea Tourism & Leisure, Vol.16, No.1, pp.39-54, 2004.
- Granovetter, Mark S., Economic Action and Social Structure: the problem of embeddedness, American Journal of Sociology, Vol.91, No.3, pp.481-510, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1086/228311
- K. E. Kim, The Effects of Customer Embededdness to Service Salesperson on Customer-Company Relationship, Graduate School, Chonnam National University , p8, 2009.
- T. D. Landry.J. T. Arnold.B. S. John, Retailer community embeddedness and consumer patronage, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Vol.12, No.1, pp.65-72, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2004.03.001
- Armbruster, T., The Economics and Sociology of Management Consulting. Cambridge University Press, 2006.
- J. S. Brown.P. Duguid, Organizational learning and communities of practice. in M. D. Cohenn and L. S. Sproull. Organizational Learning. London: Sage, pp.58-82, 1998.
- S. T. Chung, An Empirical Study on Factors to Purchase Intention Affected by Clients Under Uncertainty of Consulting Services, Graduate School Hansung University, p.49, p.55, 2014.
- C. H. Choi.Y. Y. You, A Study on the Effects of Ties between Clients and Consultants on Consulting Project Performance through Mediated Effect of Trust. Productivity Review, Vol.26, No.3, pp.231-255, 2012. https://doi.org/10.15843/kpapr.26.3.201209.231
- J. Y. Kim, A research about the customer long-term relationship orientation in the relationship between fashion shop-master of department store and customers, Graduate School Chung Ang University, 2012.
- R. Lewick.B. B. BARBARA, Developing and maintaining trust in work relationships, Trust in Organizations: Frontiers of Theory and Reach, pp.114-139, 1996.
- W. K. De.O. S. Gaby.I. Dawn, Investments in Consumer Relationships: A Cross-Country and Cross-Industry Exploration, Journal of Marketing, Vol.65, No.4, pp.33-50, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.22.214.171.12486
- W. K. De.O. S. Gaby, Assessing the impact of a retailer's relationship efforts on consumers: attitudes and behaviour, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Vol.10, No.2, pp.95-108, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0969-6989(02)00013-9
- Anderson, James C., and James A. Narus. Toward a better understanding of distribution channel working relationships. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 1986.
- Everard. D. F. Galletta, How Presentation Flaws Affect Perceived Site Quality. Trust, and Intentions to Purchase from an On-Line Store, Journal of MIC, Vol.22, No.3, pp.55-95, 2006.
- Achrol, Changes in the theory of interorganisational relations in marketing Towards a network paradigm. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. Vol.25, No.1, pp.56-71, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02894509
- Crosby, L. A., Evans, K. R. and Cowles, D., Relationship quality in services selling: An interpersonal influence perspective, Journal of Marketing, Vol.54, No.3, pp.68-81, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251817
- Wray B., Palmer, A. . Bejou, D., Using Neural Network Analysis to Evaluate Buyer-Seller Relationships. European Journal of Marketing Vol.8, No.10, pp.32-91, 1994.
- Kelley, Harold H., . John W. Thibaut. Interpersonal relations: A theory of interdependence. New York: Wiley, 1978.
- Dwyer , F. R., Schurr, P. H . Oh. S., Developing Buyer-Seller Relationships, Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.51, No.2, pp.11-27, 1987.
- Noordewier, T. G., George, J. . Nevin, J. R., Performance Outcomes of Purchasing Arrangements in Industrial Buyer-Vendor Relationships. Journal of Marketing, Vol.54, No.4, pp.80-93, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251761
- P. M. Doney.P. C. Joseph, An Examination of the Nature of Trustin Buyer-Seller Relationships, Journal of Marketing, Vol.61, No.2, pp.35-51., 1997. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251829
- D. S. Sirdeshmukh.B. Sabol, Consumer Trust, Value and Loyalty in Relational Exchanges, Journal of Marketing, Vol.61, No.2, pp.15-37, 2002.
- K. E. Reynolds.S. E. Beatty, Customer benefits and company consequences of customer-salesperson relationships in retailing. Journal of Retailing. Vol.75, No.1, pp.11-32, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(99)80002-5
- M. A. Jones.D. L. Mothersbaugh.S. E. Beatty, Switching Barriers and Repurchase Intentions in Service. J Retalling, Vol. 76, No.2, pp.259-274, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(00)00024-5
- K. P.Gwinner.D. D. Gremler.M. J. Bitner, Relational Benefits in Services Industries: The Customer's Perspective, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.26, No.2, pp.101-114, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070398262002
- M. .R. Solomon.C. Surprenant.J. A. Czepiel. . E. G. Gutman, A role Theory Perspective on Dyadic Interactions : The Service Encounter, Journal of Marketing. Vol.49, No.1, pp.99-111, 1985.
- S. W. Kelley.S. J. Steven.D. H. James, Organizational Socialization of Service Customers, Journal of Business Research, Vol.25, No.3, pp.197-214, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-2963(92)90029-B
- A Study on Relations of Real Estate Brokerage Service Quality, Credibility, and Request Intention vol.14, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.6.151