- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Impact of Supervisor's Leadership Styles on Organizational Citizenship Behavior: Mediation Effects of Multi-dimensional Measure of Justice in the Service Industry
상사의 리더십 유형이 조직시민행동에 미치는 영향: 서비스산업에서 다차원적 공정성의 매개효과
- Jeon, Jun-Ho (Korea Reserch Institute for Human Settlements) ;
- Han, Kyung-Il (Dept. of Business Administration, Anyang University)
- Received : 2014.11.27
- Accepted : 2015.03.20
- Published : 2015.03.28
As the service industry has been getting increased attention as the core for the national economic growth, in order to promote growth and development of the industry, in-depth research on the workers in the industry has been timely called for. Therefore current study aims to explore the effect of leadership style on organizational citizenship behavior(ie OCB) for increased productivity of workers in the service industry, and the role of multi-dimensional justice in the relationship between them. The findings suggest that transformational and transactional leadership both have positive effect on OCB, implying that application of leadership style that is appropriate to the context may be more important, Also, mediation test of multi-dimensional justice resulted partial mediation effect except for the procedural justice in the relationship between transformational leadership and OCB.
Service Industry;transformational Leadership;transactional leadership;Justice;Organizational Citizenship Behavior
- Mackenzie, S. B., Podsakoff, P. M., & Fetter, J. R. "Organizational Citizenship Behavior and Objective Productivity As Determinants of Managerial Evaluations of Sales person's Performance." Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 50, 120-150. 1991.
- Mackenzie, S. B., Podsakoff, P. M., & Rich, G. A. "Transformational and Transactional leadership and Sales person Performance." working paper, Indiana University. 1999.
- Podsakoff, P. M., & MacKenzie, S. B., & Bommer, W. H.(1996). "Transformational leader behaviors and substitutes for leadership as determinants of employee satisfaction, commitment, trust, and organizational citizenship behaviors." Journal of Management, 22(2), 259-298.
- Chen, X. P. & Farh, L. J.(1999). "The Effectiveness of Transactional and Transformational Leader Behaviors in Chinese Organizations: Evidence From Taiwan." paper presented at the National Academy of Management Meeting, Chicago.
- Lee Deog Ro.Suh Do Won.Kim Yong Soon. "A Study on the Effect of Transformational.Transactional Leadership on Organizational Citizenship Behavior." Academy of Management Review, 32(2), 449-474. 2003.
- Graham, J. W.(1989). "Organizational Citizenship Behavior: Construct Redefinition, Operationalization, and Validation." Unpublished Working Paper, Loyola University of Chicago.
- Choi Chung Sik. "A study on the influences of transformational and transactional leadership on the organizational citizenship behavior : Focusing on the mediating effect and the moderating effect of the empowerment." doctoral dissertation, Kangwon National University. 2007.
- Kim Jae Boung. "A Study on the Super Ordinate Leadership and the Organizational Citizenship Behavioir : focus on the components of transformational and transactional leadership." Korean Industrial Economic Association, Industrial Economic Research, 19(1), 353-371. 2006.
- Yoon Hyun Chul.Lee Do Hwa. "Transformational leadership is influence on organizational citizenship behavior and performance of non-regular salesperson." Pukyong National University, Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, 14(1), 183-192. 2003.
- Han Jin Hwan. "A Study on the Impact of the Intermediate of Organizational Justice on the Relationship between Leadership Style and Organizational Citizenship Behavior." Journal of Industrial Economics and Business, 19(2), 497-521. 2006.
- Joon Ho.Yun Wi Seok. "A Study on the Effect of Leadership on Organizational Citizenship Behavior and Trust." Korea Labor and Employment Relations Association, Industrial Relations Research, 13(2), 41-67. 2003.
- Kim Yong Hwan. "A study on the Effect of Leadership Style on Organizational Citizenship Behavoir: Focused on the Mediating Effect of Organizational Committment." doctoral dissertation, Mokpo National University. 2014
- Kwon Il Sang. "A Study on Mediator Effect of Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment on the Relationship between Transformational Leadership and Organizational Citizenship Behavior: Focused on Army Organization." doctoral dissertation, Joong Bu University. 2005.
- Lee Deog-Ro. "A Suudy on the Effect Transformational and Transational Leadership on Followers' Extra Effort, Job Satisfaction, and Organizational Commitment." Korea Academy of Organization and Management, korea Organization and Management Review, 18, 217-239. 1994
- Hong Sang Tae. "A Study on the Influence of leadership for the Organizational Effectiveness. Korean Academy of Human Resource Management, Human Resource Management Research, 1, 27-53. 2000.
- Deluga, R. J. "Relationship of Transformational and Transactional Leadership with Employee Influencing Strategies." Group and Organization Studies, 13, 456-468. 1988. https://doi.org/10.1177/105960118801300404
- Kang Su Dol. "Mediating Effect of Intrinsic Motivation in Relationship between Leadership Styles and Job Satisfaction." Korean Academy of Human Resource Management, Human Resource Management Research, 13(2), 21-40. 2010.
- Bass, B. M.(1985). Leadership and performance beyond expectations. Collier Macmillan.
- Lee Min Sung. "A Study on the Impact of Transformational & Transactional Leadership on Organizational Effectiveness of Intelligence Officers: Focused on Mediated Effect of Psychological Empowerment." doctoral dissertation, Gachon University. 2013.
- Homans, G. C. Social Behavior: Its Elementary Forms, New York; Harcourt, Brace & World. 1961.
- Adams, J. S. "Inequity in Social Exchange." In L. Berkowitz (ed.) Advances in Experimental Social Psychology, 2, New York: Academic Press. 1965.
- Jeon Young Min. "The effect of Organization Equity on organization effectiveness, focusing on the parameter of employee-organization relationship." doctoral dissertation, Kyung Hee University. 2012
- Greenberg, J. & Lind, E. A. "The pursuit of organizational justice: From conceptualization to implication to application." Industrial and organizational psychology: Linking theory with practice, 72-108. 2000.
- Organ, D. W. Organizational citizenship behavior: The good soldier syndrome, Lexington Books/DC Heath and Com. 1988.
- Lee kong Hee.Cho Jeong Ho. "The Effects of Employee Voice and Individualism-collectivism on Organizational Citizenship Behavior." Korean Academy of Human Resource Management, Human Resource Management Research, 20(1), 63-87. 2013. https://doi.org/10.14396/jhrmr.2013.20.5.63
- Brief, A. P. & Motowidlo, S. J. "Prosocial Organizational Behavior." Academy of Management Review, 11(4), 710-725. 1986.
- George, J. M. & Brief, A. P. "Feeling Good-Doing Good: A Conceptual Analysis of the Mood at Work-Organizational Spontaneity Relationship." Psychological Bulletin, 112(2), 310-329. 1982.
- Kim Yun Seek. "The Effect of Perceived Organizational Support and Justice on the Organizational Citizenship Behavior: Focused on the Mediating Effect of Trust in Organization." doctoral dissertation, Kyungwon University. 2008.
- Lee Soo Kwang. "The Impact of Transformational Leadership and Transactional Leadership on Organizational Citizenship Behavior: Focusing of the Mediating Role of Self Efficacy and Equity Perception." Korea Tourism Industry Association, Tourism Research, 24(1), 21-34. 2010.
- Jung In Sook.Lee Soo Kwang. "The Impact of Transactional Leadership and Transformational Leadership On Organizational Commitment." Korea Tourism Industry Association, Tourism Research, 35. 1-21. 2012.
- Kostova, T. "Transnational transfer of strategic organizational practices: A contextual perspective." Academy of Management Review, 24, 308-324. 1999.
- Lee Soo Kwang. "Impact of Transactional Leadership on Organizational Commitment: Focusing on Equity Perception." Korea Tourism Industry Association, Tourism Research, 21(3), 1-17. 2006
- Bass, B. M., & Avolio, B. J. "Transformational leadership and organizational culture." The International Journal of Public Administration, 17(3-4), 541-554. 1994. https://doi.org/10.1080/01900699408524907
- Niehoff, B. P. & Moorman, R. H.(1996). "Exploring the relationships between top management behaviors and employee perceptions of fairness." International journal of public administration, 19(6), 941-961. https://doi.org/10.1080/01900699608525126
- Baron, R. M. & Kenny, D. A. "The moderator-mediator variable distinction in social psychological research: Conceptual, strategic, and statistical considerations." Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 51(6), 1173-1182. 1986. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.113
- The Effects of CEO's Transformational Leadership on Members' Innovative Behavior and Organizational Citizenship Behavior in the ICT Industry: The Mediating Effects of Self-Efficacy vol.13, pp.7, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.7.147