- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Research on Consumer Protection of Carrier Billing Services
통신과금서비스 소비자 보호 방안 연구
- Yoo, Soon-Duck (Dept. of e-business Hansei University) ;
- Kim, Jong-Ihl (Dept. of e-business Hansei University)
- Received : 2015.01.08
- Accepted : 2015.03.20
- Published : 2015.03.28
Carrier billing services market is growing according to the technical development. This study investigated the limiting factor in carrier billing services and suggested the improvement factor for it using the Delphi Method. The amount money to use in carrier billing charges should be provided in their credit based and the accumulated payment using a text message is displayed and also telecommunications carriers and carrier billing firms are the least responsible for consumer harm. It also provides administrative responsibility for communications carriers and billing services company for non recognition and payment. The service provider to prove negligence not proven by consumer and telecommunications billing service delinquency rate is applied at a rate such as a credit card and it also should integrate retail payment and service fee. This study will contribute to the communication billing services market growth through improved communication billing service. Further research is needed to continue the study of the factors that emerged from communication and billing services due to emerging technologies and services.
Carrier Billing Service;Consumer Protection;Improvement;Mobile Services;Mobile payment market;e-banking service
- W.S Lee, M. S. Lim, J. S. Son, Development direction of internet payment service for wired network operators, The Korea Institute of communications and information sciences, pp.1214-1216, 2007.
- Soonduck Yoo, KwangDon Choi, Consumer protection in e-commerce: the Safety Transaction Service in Korea, The society of digital policy and management, Vol.11, No 11, pp. 29-36, 2013.
- Myeongjae. Gong, A study on a small payment and settlement systems, Vol. 41, No. 1, pp.17-32, 2008.
- H. S. Goh, The Study on the Broker' Liability of Mail-Order Sales, Legal specifications, Vol.32 pp.119-152 2010.
- H. S. Goh, A Study on the Telecommunications Billing Services and Consumer Protection, Northeast Asian law journal, Vol. 8, No.2, pp. 351-392, 2014.
- Jae-Hak. Lee, Chul. Park, Importance of online research on the properties of a small settlement-Dimensional stability around-Internet and Information Security, Issue 1, pp146-164, 2011.
- Seoyoung. Kim, Comparison of the operating structure of major retail payment systems, Payment and Information Technology. KFTC, Issue 45, pp. 31-59, 2011.
- Korea Development Economic Policy Institute, Research on telecommunications billing service system improvement, 2011.
- Soonduck Yoo, Jungihl Kim, How to improve carrier (telecommunications) billing services to prevent damage, The society of digital policy and management,, Vol. 11, No. 10, pp. 217-224, 2013.
- J. H Yeun, Legal protection measures for consumer issues in the mobile e-commerce, 2014.
- Press Release - Mobile micropayments damage, Korea Consumer Agency, 2014.
- M.A. Kim, H. J. Park, A Study on consumer protection measures of mobile micro payments, Korea Consumer Agency, 2013.
- 2013 Consumer infringement Survey such as micro-payment fraud, Consumers Union of Korea, 2013.
- Soonduck Yoo, Current Situation and Countermeasures of electronic payment services, The Credit Finance Association, 2014.
- Soonduck Yoo, New Online Payment System using OTP with Security and Ease of Use, The Korean institute of information scientists and engineering, Vol. 18, No. 4, 2012.