- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
COUETTE FLOW OF TWO IMMISCIBLE LIQUIDS BETWEEN TWO PARALLEL POROUS PLATES IN A ROTATING CHANNEL
- Rani, Ch. Baby (Department of Mathematics, V. R. Siddhartha Engineering College)
- Received : 2014.10.18
- Accepted : 2015.01.28
- Published : 2015.03.25
When a straight channel formed by two parallel porous plates, through which two immiscible liquids occupying different heights are flowing a secondary motion is set up. The motion is caused by moving the upper plate with a uniform velocity about an axis perpendicular to the plates. The solutions are exact solutions. Here we discuss the effect of suction parameter and the position of interface on the flow phenomena in case of Couette flow. The velocity distributions for the primary and secondary flows have been discussed and presented graphically. The skin-friction amplitude at the upper and lower plates has been discussed for various physical parameters.
- R.B. Bird, W.E. Stewart and E. N. Lightfoot: Transport Phenomena, John Wiley & Sons, 1960.
- J. N. Kapur and J. B. Shukla:The flow of incompressible immiscible fluids between two plates, Applied Scientific Research, 13(1964),pp. 55-60. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00382036
- V. Vidyanidhi and S. D. Nigam: Couette Flow between Rotating Parallel Plates under Constant Pressure Gradient, Journal of Mathematical Physics, 1(1967), pp. 85-98.
- V. Vidyanidhi: Secondary flow of a conducting liquid in a roatating channel, Journal of Maths. Phy. Sci. 3(1969), pp. 193-199.
- V. Vidyanidhi, V. Bala Prasad and V. V. RamanaRao: Secondary Flow between Two Parallel Porous Walls in a Rotating System, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 39(1975), pp. 1077-1081. https://doi.org/10.1143/JPSJ.39.1077
- V. V. RamanaRao and V. Bala Prasad:Heat transfer in a rotating channel with porous walls,Acta Physics Academic ScientiaremHungaricae,42(1977), pp. 143-149. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03158221
- R. N. Jana and N. Dutta: Couette Flow and Heat Transfer in a Rotating System, ActaMechanica, 26(1977), pp. 301-306.
- V. V. RamanaRao and N. V. Narayana: Indian J. Technology, 18(1980).
- Ch. Baby Rani: Poiseuille flow of two immiscible liquids occupying different heights in a rotating Channel, International Journal of Mathematical Sciences, 34(2014), pp. 1458-1471.
- V. V. RamanaRao and N. V. Narayana:Secondary flow and heat transfer of two incompressible lmrniscible fluids between two parallel plates in a rotating system,Defence Science Journal, 31(1981), No.3, pp. 181-198. https://doi.org/10.14429/dsj.31.6356
- Ch. Baby Rani: Heat transfer of Poiseuille flow of two immiscible liquids in a roatating system,J. Pure and Apply Physics, 23(2011), pp. 47-57.
- Ch. Baby Rani: Generalized couette flow of two immiscible liquids occupying different heights in a rotating system, Proc. Of .ICMS-2014, published by Elsevier, pp. 363-366, 2014.
- Ch. Baby Rani: Heat transfer of Generalizedcouette flow of two immiscible liquids in a roatating system, Ultra Scientist of Physical Sciences, Vol. 25(2013),pp. 253-264.
- H. B. Squire: Survey's in Mechanics, Cambridge University Press, Londan, Vol. 139, 1956.