- Volume 16 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
8-year Analysis of the Prevalence of Lymph Nodes Metastasis, Oncologic and Pregnancy Outcomes in Apparent Early-Stage Malignant Ovarian Germ Cell Tumors
- Chatchotikawong, Usanee (Gynecologic Oncology Division, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University) ;
- Ruengkhachorn, Irene (Gynecologic Oncology Division, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University) ;
- Leelaphatanadit, Chairat (Gynecologic Oncology Division, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University) ;
- Phithakwatchara, Nisarat (Maternal Fetal Medicine Division, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University)
- Published : 2015.03.09
Purpose: To determine the rate of lymph node metastasis, oncologic and pregnancy outcomes in apparent early-stage malignant ovarian germ cell tumor (MOGCT). Materials and Methods: Medical records of apparent early-stage MOGCT patients undergoing primary surgical treatment at Siriraj Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand, between January 2006 and December 2013, were retrospectively reviewed. Results: Thirty-eight patients had apparent stage I-II MOGCT. The mean age was
Ovary germ cell tumors;lymph node;lymphadenectomy;pregnancy outcome
- Bilici A, Inanc M, Ulas A, et al (2014). Clinical and pathologic features of patients with rare ovarian tumors: multi-center review of 167 patients by the Anatolian Society of Medical Oncology. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 6493-9.
- Colombo N, Peiretti M, Garbi A, et al (2012). Non-epithelial ovarian cancer: ESMO Clinical practice guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up. Ann Oncol, 23, 20-6.
- Dimopoulos MA, Papadimitriou C, Hamilos G, et al (2004). Treatment of ovarian germ cell tumors with a 3-day bleomycin, etoposide, and cisplatin regimen: a prospective multicenter study. Gynecol Oncol, 95, 695-700. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2004.08.018
- Gershenson DM (2007). Management of ovarian germ cell tumors. J Clin Oncol, 25, 2938-43. https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2007.10.8738
- Kleppe M, Amkreutz LC, Van Gorp T, et al (2014). Lymph-node metastasis in stage I and II sex cord stromal and malignant germ cell tumours of the ovary: a systematic review. Gynecol Oncol, 133, 124-7.
- Kumar S, Shah JP, Bryant CS, et al (2008). The prevalence and prognostic impact of lymph node metastasis in malignant germ cell tumors of the ovary. Gynecol Oncol, 110, 125-32. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2008.04.022
- Lai CH, Chang TC, Hsueh S, et al (2005). Outcome and prognostic factors in ovarian germ cell malignancies. Gynecol Oncol, 96, 784-91. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2004.11.027
- Low JJ, Ilancheran A, Ng JS (2012). Malignant ovarian germ-cell tumours. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol, 26, 347-55. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bpobgyn.2012.01.002
- Liu Q, Ding X, Yang J, et al (2013). The significance of comprehensive staging surgery in malignant ovarian germ cell tumors. Gynecol Oncol, 131, 551-4. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2013.08.016
- Mahdi H, Swensen RE, Hanna R, et al (2011). Prognostic impact of lymphadenectomy in clinically early stage malignant germ cell tumour of the ovary. Br J Cancer, 9, 493-7.
- Murugaesu N, Schmid P, Dancey G, et al (2006). Malignant ovarian germ cell tumors: identification of novel prognostic markers and long-term outcome after multimodality treatment. J Clin Oncol, 24, 4862-6. https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2006.06.2489
- Neeyalavira V, Suprasert P (2014). Outcomes of malignant treated in Chiang Mai University Hospital over a nine year period. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 4909-13. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.12.4909
- Patterson DM, Rustin GJ (2006). Controversies in the management of germ cell tumours of the ovary. Curr Opin Oncol, 18, 500-6. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.cco.0000239891.44031.38
- Patterson DM, Murugaesu N, Holden L, Seckl MJ, Rustin GJ (2008). A review of the close surveillance policy for stage I female germ cell tumors of the ovary and other sites. Int J Gynecol Cancer, 18, 43-50. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1525-1438.2007.00969.x