- Volume 16 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Expression of Ki67 in Papillary Thyroid Microcarcinoma and its Clinical Significance
- Zhou, Yuan (Department of surgical oncology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Affiliated First People's Hospital Jiaxing Branch, Jiaxing First Hospital) ;
- Jiang, Hong-Gang (Department of surgical oncology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Affiliated First People's Hospital Jiaxing Branch, Jiaxing First Hospital) ;
- Lu, Ning (Department of surgical oncology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Affiliated First People's Hospital Jiaxing Branch, Jiaxing First Hospital) ;
- Lu, Bo-Hao (Department of surgical oncology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Affiliated First People's Hospital Jiaxing Branch, Jiaxing First Hospital) ;
- Chen, Zhi-Heng (Department of surgical oncology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Affiliated First People's Hospital Jiaxing Branch, Jiaxing First Hospital)
- Published : 2015.03.09
Purpose: To investigate the expression of Ki67 protein in papillary thyroid microcarcinoma(PTMC), and to analyze its clinical significance. Materials and Methods: Ki67 protein expression was evaluated in the tissues of 108 human PTMC and 50 other benign papillary hyperplasia of thyroid specimens using immunohistochemistry. Results: The expression intensity of Ki67 in PTMC and benign papillary hyperplasia of thyroid specimens were
Papillary thyroid microcarcinoma;immunohistochemistry;Ki67
- Aiad HA, Bashandy MA, Abdou AG, et al (2013). Significance of AgNORs and ki67 proliferative markers in differential diagnosis of thyroid lesions. Pthol Oncol Res, 19, 167-75. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12253-012-9565-1
- Arshad H, Ahmad Z, Hasan SH (2010). Gliomas: correlation of histologic grade, Ki67 and p53 expression with patient survival. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 11, 1637-40.
- Beesley MF, Mclaren KM (2002). Cytokeratin19 and galectin-3 inmunohistochemistry in the differential diagnosis of solitary thyroid nodules. Histopathology, 41, 236-43. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2559.2002.01442.x
- Chen Y, Klingen TA, Wik E, et al (2014). Breast cancer stromal elastosis is associated with mammography screening detection, low Ki67 expression and favourable prognosis in a population-based study. Diagn Pathol, 9, 230. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13000-014-0230-8
- Choudhury M, Singh S, Agarwal S, et al (2011). Diagnostic utility of Ki67 and p53 immunostaining on solitary thyroid nodule--a cytohistological and radionuclide scintigraphic study. Indian J Pathol Microbiol, 54, 472-5. https://doi.org/10.4103/0377-4929.85077
- Haroon S, Hashmi AA, Khurshid A, et al (2013). Ki67 index in breast cancer: correlation with other prognostic markers and potential in pakistani patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 4353-8. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.7.4353
- Hughes DT, Haymart MR, Miller BS, et al (2011). The most commonly occurring papillary thyroid cancer in the United States is now a microcarcinoma in a patient older than 45 years. Thyroid, 21, 231-6. https://doi.org/10.1089/thy.2010.0137
- Jeon SI, Kim E, Park JS, et al (2009). Diagnostic benefit of thyroglobulin measurement in fine-needle aspiration for diagnosing metastatic cervical lymph nodes from papillary thyroid cancer correlations with US features. Korean J Radiol, 10, 106-11. https://doi.org/10.3348/kjr.2009.10.2.106
- Klintman M, Bendahl PO, Graban D, et a1 (2010). The prognostic value of Ki67 is dependent on estrogen receptor status and histological grade in premenopausal patients with node-negative breast cancer. Mod Pathol, 23, 251-9. https://doi.org/10.1038/modpathol.2009.167
- Tadbir AA, Pardis S, Ashkavandi ZJ, et al (2012). Expression of Ki67 and CD105 as proliferation and angiogenesis markers in salivary gland tumors. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 5155-9. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.10.5155
- Ye WJ, Xing WB, Qin LY, et al (2010). The expression and the correlational analysis of Survivin and Ki67 in the tissues of squamous cell carcinoma and basal cell epithelioma. The Chinese J Dermatovenereology, 24, 20-2.
- Zafon C, Baena JA, Castellvi J, et al (2010). Differences in the form of presentation between papillary microcarcinoma and papillary carcinomas of larger size. J Thyroid Res, 2011, 639156.
- Zhang HX, Su C, Xie J (2010). Clinical pathology analysis of 66 cases thyroid microcarcinoma. Chinese J Cancer Prev Treat, 17, 1880-1.
- Somatostatin Receptor 2 and 5 Expressions in Gastroenteropancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors in Turkey vol.16, pp.10, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.10.4377
- Could Tumor Size Be A Predictor for Papillary Thyroid Microcarcinoma: a Retrospective Cohort Study vol.16, pp.18, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.18.8625
- Pathological characteristics of low-risk papillary thyroid microcarcinoma with progression during active surveillance vol.63, pp.9, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1507/endocrj.EJ16-0097
- Ki-67 is overexpressed in human laryngeal carcinoma and contributes to the proliferation of HEp2 cells vol.12, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3892/ol.2016.4980
- Preventive Potential of Resveratrol in Carcinogen-Induced Rat Thyroid Tumorigenesis vol.10, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/nu10030279
- The clinicopathological significance of Ki67 in papillary thyroid carcinoma: a suitable indicator? vol.16, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1186/s12957-018-1384-8