- Volume 21 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Velocity Control of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors Using Nonlinear Sliding Manifold
영구 자석형 동기모터 속도제어를 위한 비선형 슬라이딩 매니폴드 설계
- Gil, Jeonghwan (Department of Electrical Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Shin, Donghoon (Department of Electrical Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Lee, Youngwoo (Department of Electrical Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Chung, Chung Choo (Division of Electrical and Biomedical Engineering, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2015.06.05
- Accepted : 2015.10.29
- Published : 2015.12.01
In this paper, we develop a sliding mode controller that uses a nonlinear sliding manifold for the permanent magnet synchronous motor. The proposed controller makes sure that both currents and velocity tracking error converge into equilibria. Nonlinear sliding manifold consists of current dynamics and nonlinear functions which are designed with velocity tracking error and its integrated term. The nonlinear functions are designed to guarantee that velocity tracking error converge into zero. The closed-loop stability is proven by Lyapunov theory. The effectiveness of proposed method is demonstrated by numerical simulation results.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- J. Gil, Y. Lee, D. Shin, and C. Chung, "Velocity control using nonlinear sliding manifold for PMSM," Proc. of 2015 30th ICROS Annual Conference (in Korean), Daejeon, Korea, pp 481-482, May 2015.
- H.-S. Park, J.-S. Lim, J.-H. Han, J.-H. Song, and Y.-I. Lee, "Fast torque control of surface-mounted permanent-magnet synchronous motors using the pole placement technique," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 19, no. 12, pp. 1119-1124, Dec. 2013. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.13.1934
- Y. Kim, D. Shin, and C. C. Chung, "Nonlinear adaptive speed control for permanent magnet synchronous motors under the unbalanced resistances of phase windings," Proc. of Int. Conf. on Control Automation Syst., pp. 17-22, Oct. 2014.
H. Hwang, Y. Lee, D. Shin, and C. C. Chung, "
$H_2$control based on LPV for speed control of permanent magnet synchronous motors," Proc. of Int. Conf. on Control Automation Syst., pp. 922-927, Oct. 2014.
- J. Chiasson, Modeling and High-performance control of electric machnices, Willey & son Inc., 2005.
- S. Kim, "Motor control-DC, AC, BLDC," bogdoo., 2014.
- Y. Liu, B. Zhou, H. Wang, and S. Fang, "A new sliding mode control for permanent magnet synchronous motor drive system based on reaching law control," Proc. of IEEE Conf. Ind. App., pp. 1046-1050, May 2009.
- A. Wang, X. Jia, and S. Dong, "A new exponential reaching law of sliding mode control to improve performance of permanent magnet synchronous motor," IEEE Trans. Mag., vol. 49. no. 5, pp. 2409-2412, May 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2013.2240666
- I. Baik, K. Kim, and M. Youn, "Robust nonlinear speed control of PM Synchronous motor using boundary layer integral sliding mode control technique," IEEE Trans. Control syst. Technol., vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 47-54, Jan. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/87.817691
- X. G. Zhang, L. Z. Sun, K. Zhao, and L. Sun, "Nonlinear speed control for PMSM system using sliding mode control and disturbance compensation techniques," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 28, pp. 1358-1365, Mar. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2012.2206610
- A. A. Hassan, Y. S. Mohamed, and E.G. Shehata, "Cascade sliding mode torque control of a permenant magnet synchronous motor," Proc. of IEEE conf. on Ind. Tech., pp. 465-470, Dec. 2006.
- Z. Xiaoguang, Z. Ke, and S. Li, "A PMSM sliding mode control system based on a novel reaching law," Proc. of Int. Conf. on Elect. Mach. and Syst., Aug. 2011.
- S. J. Dodds, "Sliding mode control of PMSM drives with Minimum energy Position following," Proc. of IEEE Power Elect. and Motion Control Conf., Sep. 2008.
- J. Lee, Y. Choi, and J. Park, "Double sliding surfaces based on a sliding mode control for a tracking control of mobile robots," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 495-500, Jun. 2013. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.13.1872
- H. Khalil, Nonlinear Systems, 3rd Ed., Upper Saddle River, NH: prentice-Hall, 2002.