- Volume 13 Issue 1
A wireless sensor network (WSN) is designed and implemented for a freeze dryer. Freeze-drying technology is widely used in the fields of pharmacy and biotechnology as well as the food and agriculture industries. Taking into account the demand for high-resolution pressure and temperature measurements in a freeze dryer, the proposed WSN has a significant advantage of creating a monitoring environment in a freeze dryer. The proposed WSN uses a ZigBee/IEEE 802.15.4 network with an altimeter module that contains a high-resolution pressure and temperature sensor with a serial digital data interface. The ZigBee network is suitable for low-energy and low-data-rate applications in the field of wireless communication. The altimeter module is capable of sensing pressure in the range of 7.5-975 Torr (10-1300 mbar) and temperature in the range of
Microcontroller;Pressure sensor;Temperature sensor;Wireless sensor network;ZigBee
- Silicon Laboratories Inc., The evolution of wireless sensor networks [Internet]. Available: http://www.silabs.com/Support%20Documents /TechnicalDocs/evolution-of-wireless-sensor-networks.pdf.
- F. Franks and T. Auffret, Freeze-drying of Pharmaceuticals and Biopharmaceuticals: Principles and Practice. Cambridge: The Royal Society of Chemistry, 2007.
- S. Corbellini, M. Parvis, and A. Vallan, "In-process temperature mapping system for industrial freeze dryers," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 1134-1140, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIM.2010.2040909
- M. Parvis, S. Grassini, D. Fulginiti, R. Pisano, and A. A. Barresi, "Sputtered thermocouple array for vial temperature mapping," in Proceeding of the 2014 IEEE International Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference (I2MTC), Montevideo, Uruguay, pp. 1465-1470, 2014.
- K. R. Ward, The importance of vacuum and the control of pressure in freeze-drying [Internet]. Available: http://www.vacuum-uk.org/ pdfs/VacPlas_VS3/Kevin%20Ward%20-%20Freeze-Drying%20-%203rd%20Vacuum%20Symposium%20-%20Coventry%20-%202012.pdf.
- CC2530 software examples user's guide [Internet]. Available: www.ti.com/lit/ug/swru214a/swru214a.pdf.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)