- Volume 48 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effect of Nitrogen Application Levels on Nitrate Concentration in Soil Solution under Plastic Film House
- Lee, Chang Hoon (Soil and Fertilizer Management Division, NAAS, RDA) ;
- Kang, Seong Soo (Soil and Fertilizer Management Division, NAAS, RDA) ;
- Kim, Myung Sook (Soil and Fertilizer Management Division, NAAS, RDA) ;
- Kim, Yoo Hak (Soil and Fertilizer Management Division, NAAS, RDA)
- Received : 2014.11.21
- Accepted : 2015.02.02
- Published : 2015.02.28
This study was conducted to investigate investigated the effect of nitrogen fertilizer on nitrate concentration in soil solution and to determine the relationship between yield and nitrate concentration in soil solution for cucumber cultivation under plastic film house. Nitrogen as urea was applied at rates of 0, 120, 240, 360, and
Supported by : National Academy Agricultural Science
- Addiscott, T. M., A. P. Whitmore, and D.S.Powlson. 1991. Farming, fertilizers and the nitrate problem. CAB international UK.
- Cook, W.P., and D. C. Sanders. 1991. Nitrogen application frequency for drip-irrigated tomatoes. Horti. Sci. 26:250-252.
- Chung, J. B. 1998. Technique for soil solution sampling using porous ceramic cups. Agri. Chem. Biotechnol. 41(8):583-586.
- Han, K. W., J. Y. Cho, and J. G. Son. 1998. Losses of chemical components by infiltration water during the rice cultivation at silt loam paddy soil. Koeran J. Environ. Agric. 17(3):268-273.
- Hedge, D. M. 1997. Nutrient requirement of solanaceous vegetable crops. Extension bulletin ASPAC, FFTC. No. 441, 9.
- Hong, S. D., K. I. Kim, H. T. Park, and S. S. Kang. 2001. Relationship between leaf chlorophyll reading value and soil N suppying capability of tomato in green house. Korean J. Soc. Soil Sci. Fert. 34:85-91.
- Jung, G. B. I. S. Ruy, and B. Y. Kim. 1994. Soil texture, electrical conductivity and chemical fertilizer and farm manure for major crop. Korean J. Soc. Soil Sci. Fert. 27:238-246.
- Kang, S. S., and S. D. Hong. 2004. Estimation of optimum application rate of nitrogen fertilizer based on soil nitrate concentration for tomato cultivation in plastic film house. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 37(2):74-82.
- Lee, C. H., T. J. Lim, S. S. Kang, M. S. Kim, and Y. H. Kim. 2012. Relationship between cucumber yield and nitrate concentration in plastic film house with ryegrass application. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 45(6):943-948. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.6.943
Lee, G. J., B. K. Kang, H. J. Kim, S. K. Park, and K. B. Min. 2001. Effect of nitrogen fertilizers on soil pH, EC,
$NO_3$-N and Lettuce (Lactuca sativa L.) growth. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 34:122-128.
- Lee, K. B., D. B.Lee, S. B, Lee, and J. D. Kim. 1999. Changes in agricultural irrigation water quality in Mankyeong River. Korean J. Environ. Agri. 18:6-10.
Lee, S. M., S. H. Yoo, and K. H. Kim. 1995. Changes in concentrations of urea-N,
$NH_4$-N and $NO_3$-N in percolating water during rice growing season. Korean J. Soc. Soil Sci. Fert. 28(2):160-164.
- Lim, J. H., I. B. Lee, and H. L. Kim. 2001. A criteria of nitrate concnentration in soil solution and leaf petiole juice for fertigation of cucumber (cucumis sativus L.) under greenhouse cultivation. Korean J. Soc. Soil Sci. Fert. 34(5):316-325.
- NIAST. 1988. Methods of soil chemical analysis. National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, RDA, Suwon, Korea.
- NIAST. 2000. Methods of soil chemical analysis. National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, RDA, Suwon, Korea.
- Miller, R. J., D. E. Rolstan, R. S. Rauschkolb, and D. W. Walfe. 1976. Drip irrigation of nitrogen is efficient. Calig. Agric. 30:16-18.
- Roh, K. A., P. J. Kim, K. K. Kang, Y. S. Ahn, and S. H. Yun. 1999. Reduction of nutrient infiltration by supplement of organic matter in paddy soil. Koeran J. Environ. Agric. 18(4):196-203.
- Roppongi, K. 1998. Study on nutrient management in vegetable greenhouse soil by real time diagnosis. Jpn. J. Soil Sci. Plant Nutr. 69:253-238.
- Sainju, U. M., B. P. Singh, S. Rahman, and V. R. Reddy. 1999. Soil nitrate-nitrogen under tomato following tillage, cover cropping, and nitrogen fertilization. Journal of Environmental Quality 28:1837-1844.
- Sung, J. K., S. Y. Park, S. Y. Lee, Y. J. Lee, J. Y. Lee, B. C. Jang, H. G. Goh, Y. S. Ok, T. W. Kim, and B. H. Song. 2010. Influence of nutrient supply on growth, mineral nutrients and carbohydrates in cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.). Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 43(1):83-89.
- Wivstad, M. 1999. Nitrogen mineralization and crop uptake of N from decomposing 15N labeled red clover and yellow sweetclover plant fractions of different age. Plant Soil. 208:21-31. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1004407119638