Supported by : Arcanys Early Learning Foundation
- Abulon, E. L. R. (2013). Barangay day care centers: Emergence, current status and implications to teacher education. Proceeding of the Global Summit on Education 2013. Retrieved from http://worldconferences.net/proceedings/gse2013/papers_gse2013/094%20Edna%20Luz%20R.%20Abulon.pdf
- Aubrey, C., Bottle, G., & Godfrey, R. (2003). Early mathematics in the home and out-of-home contexts. International Journal of Early Years Education, 11, 91-103. doi: 10.1080/0966976032000116158
- Bihag-Boholano, H., & Puco, M. L. C. G. (2013). Reaching the unreached: A challenge for Filipino educators. International Forum, 16, 51-66.
- Blevins-Knabe, B., & Musun-Miller, L. (1996). Number use at home by children and their parents and its relationship to early mathematical performance. Early Development and Parenting, 5, 35-45. doi: 10.1002/(SICI)1099-0917(199603)5:1<35::AID-EDP113>3.0.CO;2-0
- Blevins-Knabe, B., & Musun-Miller, L. (1998). Adults' beliefs about children and mathematics: How important is it and how do children learn about it? Early Development and Parenting, 7, 191-202. doi:10.1002/(sici)1099-0917(199812)7:4<191::aid-edp181>3.0.co;2-i
- Booker, G. (2000). The maths game: Using instructional games to teach mathematics. Wellington, N. Z.: New Zealand Council for Educational Research.
- Bryant, D., Bryant, B., Gersten, R., Scammacca, N., & Chavez, M. (2008). Mathematics intervention for first-and second-grade students with mathematics difficulties: The effects of tier 2 intervention delivered as booster lessons. Remedial and Special Education, 29, 20-32. doi: 10.1177/0741932507309712
- Cannon, J., & Ginsburg, H. P. (2008). "Doing the math": Maternal beliefs about early mathematics versus language learning. Early Education and Development, 19, 238-260. doi: 10.1080/10409280801963913
- Chard, D. J., Clarke, B., Baker, S., Otterstedt, J., Braun, D., & Katz, R. (2005). Using measures of number sense to screen for difficulties in mathematics: Preliminary findings. Assessment for Effective Intervention, 30, 3-14. doi: 10.1177/073724770503000202
- Cheung, S. K. (2013). Maximizing the educational benefits of parent-child number board game playing to kindergarteners: The importance of parent training. Poster presented at the Biennial Meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development, Seattle, Washington.
- Clarke, B., & Shinn, M. R. (2004). A preliminary investigation into the identification and development of early mathematics curriculumbased measurement. School Psychology Review, 33, 234-238.
- Department of Education, Republic of the Philippines (2013). Standards and competencies for five-year old Filipino children. Retrieved from http://www.deped.gov.ph/sites/default/files/page/2014/Final%20Kindergarten%20CG%20December%202013.pdf
- Evans, M. A., & Mansell, J. V. (2009). Parents as teachers of reading, not mathematics. Paper presented at the Biennial Meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development, Denver, Colorado.
- Heaver, R. A., & Hunt, J. M. (1995). Improving early childhood development: An integrated program for the Philippines. Washington, D.C.: World Bank and the Asian Development Bank.
- Kleemans, T., Peeters, M., Segers, E., & Verhoeven, L. (2012). Child and home predictors of early numeracy skills in kindergarten. Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 27, 471-477. doi: 10.1016/j.ecresq.2011.12.004
- Lago, R. M., & DiPerna, J. C. (2010). Number sense in kindergarten: A factor-analytic study of the construct. School Psychology Review, 39, 164-180.
- LeFevre, J. , Polyzoi, E., Skwarchuk, S. L., Fast, L., & Sowinski, C. (2010). Do home numeracy and literacy practices of Greek and Canadian parents predict the numeracy skills of kindergarten children? International Journal of Early Years Education, 18, 55-70. doi: 10.1080/09669761003693926
- LeFevre, J., Skwarchuk, S. L., Smith-Chant, B. L., Fast, L., Kamawar, D., & Bisanz, J. (2009). Home numeracy experiences and children's math performance in the early school years. Canadian Journal of Behavioural Science, 41, 55-66. doi: 10.1037/a0014532
- Malofeeva, E., Day, J., Saco, X., Young, L., & Ciancio, D. (2004). Construction and evaluation of a number sense test with head start children. Journal of Educational Psychology, 96, 648-659. doi:10.1037/0022-06188.8.131.528
- Manuel, M. F., & Gregorio, E. B. (2011). Legal frameworks for early childhood governance in the Philippines. International Journal of Child Care and Education Policy, 5, 65-76. https://doi.org/10.1007/2288-6729-5-1-65
- Ramani, G. B., Rowe, M. L., Eason, S. H., & Leech, K. A. (2011). Count on it? Math talk during parent-child interactions in Head Start families. Poster presented at the Biennial Meeting of the Cognitive Development Society, Philadelphia, PA.
- Ramani, G. B., & Siegler, R. S. (2008). Promoting broad and stable improvements in low-income children's numerical knowledge through playing number board games. Child Development, 79, 375-394. doi:10.1111/j.1467-8624.2007.01131.x
- Rogoff, B. (1990). Apprenticeship in thinking: Cognitive development in social context. Oxford, England: Oxford University Press.
- Skwarchuk, S. (2009). How do parents support preschoolers' numeracy learning experiences at home? Early Childhood Education Journal, 37, 189-197. doi: 10.1007/s10643-009-0340-1
- Starkey, P., & Klein, A. (2000). Fostering parental support for children's mathematical development: An intervention with Head Start families. Early Education and Development, 11, 659-680. doi:10.1207/s15566935eed1105_7
- UNESCO International Bureau of Education (2006). Philippines: Early childhood care and education (ECCE) programmes. Country Profile commissioned for the EFA Global Monitoring Report 2007, Strong foundations: Early childhood care and education. Retrieved from http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0014/001472/147225e.pdf
- Vandermaas-Peeler, M., Ferretti, L., & Loving, S. (2012). Playing The Ladybug Game: Parent guidance of young children's numeracy activities. Early Child Development and Care, 10, 1289-1307. doi:10.1080/03004430.2011.609617
- The role of early language abilities on math skills among Chinese children vol.12, pp.7, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0181074
- Effectiveness of Parent–Child Number Board Game Playing in Promoting Chinese Kindergarteners’ Numeracy Skills and Mathematics Interest vol.28, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1080/10409289.2016.1258932
- Family and individual variables associated with young Filipino children's numeracy interest and competence pp.0261510X, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1111/bjdp.12222
- Monitoring the nomological network of number sense studies vol.52, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1080/0020739x.2021.1895343