- Volume 28 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Evaluation on the Properties of the Current Limiting Part for Fault-Current-Limiting Type HTS Cables
사고전류 제한형 고온 초전도케이블의 한류부 특성평가
- Kim, Tae-Min (Department of Electricity Engineering, Chonbuk National University) ;
- Hong, Gong-Hyun (Department of Electricity Engineering, Chonbuk National University) ;
- Han, Byung-Sung (Department of Electricity Engineering, Chonbuk National University) ;
- Du, Ho-Ik (Hope IT Human Resource Development Center, Chonbuk National University)
- Received : 2015.01.12
- Accepted : 2015.02.13
- Published : 2015.03.01
Inside the existing superconducting cables, the superconducting wire carries a loss-free current, and the cable former (the stranded copper wire) bypasses the fault current to prevent damage and loss of the superconducting cable when the fault current is applied. The fault-current-limiting-type superconducting cable proposed in this paper usually carries a steady current; but in a fault state, the cable generates self-resistance that makes the fault current lower than a certain width. That is, the superconducting cable that transmitted only a low voltage and a large capacity power repetitively limits the fault current, as does a superconducting current limiter. To complete this structure, it is essential to investigate the mutual resistance relationship between the superconducting wires after applying a fault current. Therefore, in this paper, one kinds of superconducting wires (a wire without a stabilization layer) were connected parallel 4 tapes, respectively; and after applying a fault current, the current, voltage, resistance and thermal stability of the HTS thin-film wires were examined.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- O. B. Hyun, World of Electricity Journal, 59, 10 (2010).
- D. Hazelton, Y. Xie, V. Selvamanickam, R. Anthony, J. C. Llambes, and T. Lehner, IEEE CITRES, 10, 42 (2010).
- H. S. Sin, Chemical Industry and Technology, 10, 3 (1992).
- H. I. Du, Y. J. Kim, D. H. Lee, and B. S. Han, IEEE Transactions on, 20, 3 (2010).
- S. O. Heo, T. M. Kim, B. S. Han, and H. I. Du, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 26, 904 (2013).
- T. M. Kim, G. H. Hong1, B. S. Han, and H. I. Du J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 27, 10 (2014).