- Volume 28 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Simulation Method of Temperature Dependent Threshold Voltage Shift in Metal Oxide Thin-film Transistors
온도에 의한 산화물 박막트랜지스터의 문턱전압 이동 시뮬레이션 방안
- Kwon, Seyong (Department of Electronics Engineering, Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Jung, Taeho (Department of Electronics Engineering, Seoul National University of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2014.10.22
- Accepted : 2015.02.04
- Published : 2015.03.01
In this paper, we propose a numerical method to model temperature dependent threshold voltage shift observed in metal oxide thin-film transistors (TFTs). The proposed model is then implemented in AIM-SPICE circuit simulation tool. The proposed method consists of modeling the well-known stretched-exponential time dependent threshold voltage shift and their temperature dependent coefficients. The outputs from AIM-SPICE tool and the stretched-exponential model at different temperatures in the literature are compared and they show a good agreement. Since metal oxide TFTs are the promising candidate for flat panel displays, the proposed method will be a good stepping stone to help enhance reliability of fast-evolving display circuits.
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교
- K. J. Yang and D. Y. Yoon, Korean Chem. Eng. Res., 48, 737 (2010).
- T. Jung, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 26, 341 (2013).
- H. Ohta, K. Nomura, H. Hiramatsu, K. Ueda, T. Kamiya, M. Hirano, and H. Hosono, Solid-State Electronics, 47, 2261 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0038-1101(03)00208-9
- H. L. Gomes, P. Stallinga, F. Dinelli, M. Murgia, F. Biscarini, D. M. D. Leeuw, M. Muccini, and K. Mllen, Polym. Adv. Technol., 16, 227 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1002/pat.558
- S. C. Deane, R. B. Wehrspohn, and M. J. Powell, Phys. Rev. B, 58, 19 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevA.58.R19
- T. Jung, Proc. 6th Int. Conf. on Convergence and Hybrid Information Technology (eds. G. Lee, D. Howard, J. J. Kang, and D. Slezak) (ICHIT 2012, Daejeon, Korea, 2012) p. 453.
- S. C. Deane, R. B. Wehrspohn, and M. J. Powell, Phys. Rev. B, 58, 12625 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevB.58.12625
- D. Gupta, S. H. Yoo, C. H. Lee, and Y. T. Hong, IEEE Trans. on Electron Devices, 58, 1995 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1109/TED.2011.2138143
- M. J. Powell, C. van Berkel, I. D. French, and D. H. Nicholls, Appl. Phys. Lett., 51, 1242 (1987). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.98692
- F. R. Libsch and J. Kanicki, Appl. Phys. Lett., 62, 1286 (1993). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.108709