- Volume 51 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Analysis on underwater stability of the jellyfish sting protection net installed in the Haeundae beach
해운대 해수욕장에 설치된 해파리 차단망의 수중 안정성 분석
- Park, Seongwook (Fisheries System Engineering Division, National Fisheries Research Development Institute) ;
- Lee, Donggil (Fisheries System Engineering Division, National Fisheries Research Development Institute) ;
- Yang, Yongsu (Fisheries System Engineering Division, National Fisheries Research Development Institute) ;
- Lee, Hyungbeen (Fisheries System Engineering Division, National Fisheries Research Development Institute) ;
- Lee, Kyounghoon (Division of Marine Technology, Chonnam National University) ;
- Hahn, Minsoo (Department of Electrical Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Lee, Taewha (Department of Electrical Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology)
- 박성욱 (국립수산과학원 시스템공학과) ;
- 이동길 (국립수산과학원 시스템공학과) ;
- 양용수 (국립수산과학원 시스템공학과) ;
- 이형빈 (국립수산과학원 시스템공학과) ;
- 이경훈 (전남대학교 해양기술학부) ;
- 한민수 (한국과학기술원 전기및전자공학과) ;
- 이태화 (한국과학기술원 전기및전자공학과)
- Received : 2015.02.03
- Accepted : 2015.02.25
- Published : 2015.02.28
The worldwide abundance of various jellyfish appears to have increased in coastal ecosystems in recent years. The enormous jellyfish blooms cause a variety of problems for the local ecology, fisheries, and aquatic-sports in coastal locations. In this study, jellyfish sting protection net was installed to ensure the safety and reduction of the inflow into the Haeundae beach. In order to confirm the stability of the protection net, the tension for protection net was measured from variation of current speed. The periods for maximum tension were observed correspond to the periods of maximum current speed. The maximum tension for protection net was measured up to 4,100 kg. From field evaluations, the jellyfish sting protection net has demonstrated to stability from the current and tide in the Haeundae beach.
Grant : 유영해양생물 해파리 대량발생에 따른 대국민 피해 저감 방안 개발
Supported by : 국립수산과학원, 한국산업기술평가관리원
- Hirose M, Mukai T, Hwang DJ and Iida K. 2005. Target strength measurements on tethered live jellyfish. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi 71(4), 571-577. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.71.571
- Hirose M, Mukai T, Shimura T, Yamamoto J and Iida K. 2007. Measurements of specific density of and sound speed in Nomura's jellyfish to estimate their target strength using a theoretical scattering model. J Mar Acoust Soc Jpn 34(2), 109-118. https://doi.org/10.3135/jmasj.34.109
- Hirose M, Mukai T, Hwang DJ and Iida K. 2009. The acoustic characteristics of three jellyfish species: Nemopilema nomurai, Cyanea mozakii, and Aurelia aurita. ICES J Mar Sci 66(6), 1233-1237. https://doi.org/10.1093/icesjms/fsp126
- Kang DH, Kim JH and Lim SH. 2010. Acoustic Target Strength Characteristics of Two Species of Multiple Jellyfishes, Aurelia aurita and Cyanea nozakii, in the Southern Coast of Korea. Ocean Pol Res 32(2), 113-122. (DOI: 10.4217/OPR.2010.32.2.113) https://doi.org/10.4217/OPR.2010.32.2.113
- Kang YS, Jo YJ, Go WJ, Kim SS, Jeon KA and Oh HJ. 2000. Swarm of salps (Tunicata: Thaliaca) and its impact on marine ecosystem in the south sea of Korea. The Sea 5(1), 47-58.
- KHOA. http://sms.khoa.go.kr/koofs/kor/tide.
- Kim IO, An HC, Shin JK and Cha BJ. 2008. The development of basic structure of jellyfish separator system for a trawl net. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 44(2), 99-111. (DOI: 10.3796/KSFT.20008.44.2.099) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2008.44.2.099
- Lee KH, Kim IO, Yoon WD, Shin JK and An HC. 2007. A study on vertical distribution observation of giant jellyfish using acoustical and optical methods. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 43(4), 355-361. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2007.43.4.355
- Lee YW and Hwang BK. 2009. Theoretical examination of the effects of fluctuation of acoustic scattering on the swimming behavior of giant jellyfish. J Kor Fish Soc 42(2), 165-170.
- Matsushita Y and Honda N. 2006. Method of designing and manufacturing JET (Jellyfish Excluder for Towed Fishing gear) for various towed fishing gears. Bull Fish Re Agen 16, 19-27.
- NFRDI. 2008. Scientific report on the mass occurrence of jellyfish and prevention and utilization 1-222.
- Park CD, Kim IO, Lee KH, Lee GH and Park SW. 2010. The performance of a wedge type jellyfish excluder device inserted in a trawl net. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 46 (4), 302-312. (DOI: 10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.4.302) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.4.302
- Park SW, Lee GH, Yoon WD, Lee DG, Kim SH, Yang YS and Lee GH. 2015. A study on the damage reduction strategy against toxic jellyfish's bloom. Jour Fish Mar Sci 26(1), in press.
- Pridman AL. 1986. Calculations for fishing gear designs. pp 25. (ISBN 0-85238-141-7)
- Yoon EA, Hwang DJ, Hirose M, Kim EH, Mukai T and Park BS. 2010. Characteristics of acoustic scattering according to pulsation of the large jellyfish. Kor J Fish Aqua Sci 43(5), 551-556. https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2010.43.5.551