- Volume 51 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Evaluation method of motion seasickness by ship motions during underway in irregular waves
선박운항 중 선체동요에 의한 뱃멀미 평가방법
- Choi, Chan-Moon (Department of Marine Industrial and Maritime Police, Jeju national university) ;
- Lee, Chang-Heon (Department of Marine Industrial and Maritime Police, Jeju national university) ;
- Kim, Byung-Yeob (Department of Marine Industrial and Maritime Police, Jeju national university) ;
- Ahn, Jang-Young (Department of Marine Industrial and Maritime Police, Jeju national university) ;
- Kim, Seok-Jong (Department of Marine Industrial and Maritime Police, Jeju national university) ;
- Shigehiro, Ritsuo (Faculty of Fisheries, Kagoshima university)
- 최찬문 (제주대학교 해양산업경찰학과) ;
- 이창헌 (제주대학교 해양산업경찰학과) ;
- 김병엽 (제주대학교 해양산업경찰학과) ;
- 안장영 (제주대학교 해양산업경찰학과) ;
- 김석종 (제주대학교 해양산업경찰학과) ;
- 시게히로 리츠오 (녹아도대학수산학부)
- Received : 2014.10.29
- Accepted : 2015.02.16
- Published : 2015.02.28
In order to deduce an objective evaluation method of motion seasickness incidence (MSI) by ship motions during underway in irregular waves and to present the fundamental data of passenger comfort on the yacht and the passenger ship according to the result, the MSI of the trainees by the questionnaires was analysed and compared with the rate of variation of salivary
Motion seasickness incidence (MSI);Salivary
Supported by : 제주대학교
- Cowell JL. 1989. Human factors in the naval environment : A review of motion sickness and biodynamic problems. Technical memorandum 89/220, National defence research and development branch, Canada, 5-9.
- Fang CC and Chan HS. 2007. A investigation on the vertical motion sickness characteristics of a high speed catamaran ferry. Ocean Eng 34, 1909-1917. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2007.04.001
- Hosoda R. 1977. Mechanism of Sea sickness. Bull Soc Naval Architect Japan 815, 324-330.
- Han SJ. 2013. A study on the motion characteristics and motion sickness of the training ship for preliminary design. Ph.D. Thesis, Pukyong national university, Korea, p. 165.
- Iwai K. 1965. Judging method of riding comfort due to pitching motion. Japan Soc Naval Archi Ocean Eng 30, 73-82.
- Joseph JA and Griffn MJ. 2008. Motion sickness : Effect of the magnitude of roll and pitch oscillation. Avi Space Environ Med 79(4), 390-396. https://doi.org/10.3357/ASEM.2196.2008
- Kempf VG. 1940. Stabilitatgrenzen fur schiffe. schiffbau, Helft 15, 17-18.
- Khalid H, Turan O and Bos JE. 2011. Theory of subjective vertical-horizontal conflict physiological motion sickness model for contemporary ships. J Mar Sci Technol 16, 214-225. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00773-010-0113-y
- KSNAJ. 1983. Shipbuilding design hand book 3(Seaworthy). The Kansai Society of Architects, Japan, pp 410-421.
- Lloyd ARJM. 1989. Sea-keeping ship behaviour in rough weather. Ellis Horwood Limited, Chichester West Sussex, England, 151-276.
- Lawther A and Griffin MJ. 1986. The motion of a ship at sea the consequent motion sickness amongst passengers. Ergonomis 29, 535-552. https://doi.org/10.1080/00140138608968289
- McCauley ME, Royal JW, Wylie CD, O'Hanlon JF and Mackie RR. 1976. Motion sickness incidence: Exploratory studies of habituation, pitch and roll and the refinement of a mathematical model(Technical report No. 1733-2). Medical and Dental Sciences Biological Sciences Division office of Naval Research, Arlington, VA, 1-15.
- Nakano A and Yamaguchi M. 2011. Evaluation of human stress using Salivary Amylase. Japan Soc Biofeedback Res 38(1), 3-9.
- O'Hanlon JF and McCauley ME. 1974. Motion sickness incidence as a function of the frequency and acceleration of vertical sinusoidal motion. Aerospace Med, 366-369.
- Rameswar B. 1978. Dynamics of marine vehicles. John wiley & sons, Inc. Canada, 1-100.
- Shigehiro R, Kuroda T, Matsuda A and Suzuki S. 2000. Effect of anti-pitching fins on ship motions from the viewpoint of passengers. J Kansai Soc NA Japan 233, 39-48.
- Tomi T. 1961. A study on ship vibration and oscillation limits from the viewpoint of unpleasant feelings of passengers(1st report-The susceptibility of human beings to motions). Japan Soc Naval Archi Ocean Eng 104, 18-30.
- Tomi T. 1962. A study on ship vibration and oscillation limits from the viewpoint of unpleasant feelings of passengers (2nd report-Motion sickness and allowable limits). Japan Soc Naval Archi Ocean Eng 105, 29-40.
- Yoon HK, Lee GJ and Lee DK. 2008. Development of the motion monitoring system of a ship. J Nav Port Res 32(1), 15-22. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2008.32.1.015
- A study on evaluation of ship motion in irregular waves vol.51, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2015.51.4.504