- Volume 51 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Maneuvering character of hull form renovated tuna purse seiner
선형개조 선망선의 조종성능
- Hong, Jin-Keun (FNC Global Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kang, Il-Kwon (Division of Marine Production System Management, Pukyong National University) ;
- Jeong, Seong-Jae (Fisheries System Engineering, National Fisheries R&D Institute)
- Received : 2014.10.29
- Accepted : 2015.02.10
- Published : 2015.02.28
In an attempt to improve the maneuvering character of hull form renovated tuna purse seiner. A renovation was carried out on the 3 tuna purse seiner fishing vessel. To grasp the progress of maneuvering and resistance on ship B (730 ton class), new bulbous bow was only attached. The ship A (740 ton class) and C (600 ton class) were modified for new bulbous bow, enlarged slipway and rudder. And then the zigzag and the turning test were carried out. According to the turning test, the advance and the tactical diameter were improved very much for the modified ship. The sea trial was carried out for the original and modified ship A. It is showed that the results of sea trial corresponded with that of the tank test on the whole. In the result of the zigzag test on ship B, the turning ability was improved very much, but the yaw checking ability was deteriorated in just some degree. In the result of the zigzag test on ship C, the turning ability and yaw checking ability were remarkably improved. Ship C was greatly improved among the three ships for the maneuvering character of modified hull form.
- Hong JK. 2012. Improvement of fishing efficiency for the tuna purse seiner by the remodeling of the hull form. Ph.D. Thesis. Pukyong National University, Korea, 11-12.
- Hong JK, Kang IK, Kim HS and Jeong SJ. 2010. Redesigning nozzle propeller of trawl vessel for improving towing speed. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 46(4), 476-486. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.4.476) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.4.476
- Hong JK, Kang IK and Jeong SJ. 2011. Remodelling of tuna purse seiner for improving fishing performance. J Kor Soc Fish Technol 47(4), 435-442. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2011.47.4.435) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2011.47.4.435
- IMO (International Maritime Organization). 2002a. Resolution. Standards for Ship Maneuverability. MSC 137(76), 1-6.
- IMO (International Maritime Organization). 2002b. Explanatory Notes to the Standards for Ship Maneuverability. MSC/Circ 1053, 1-21.
- Jeong SJ, Hong JK, Choi JD and Kim SH. 2008. Model test report of tuna purse seiner. ORK. Technical report, National Fisheries R&D Research Institute, 4-7.
- Kim HY, Lee CW, Cha BJ, Kim HS and Kwon BK. 2002. Dynamic simulation of a purse seiner net behavior for hydrodynamic analysis. Kor Soc Fish Tech, 38(2), 172. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2002.38.2.172
- Yun JD. 2002. Theory and practice of ship maneuvering. Sejong Publication Co Ltd, 33-50.
- Fishing performance of hull form renovated tuna purse seiner vol.51, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2015.51.3.321
- Improvement of resistance performance of the 4.99 ton class fishing boat vol.53, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2017.53.4.446
- A Study on the Improvement of Hull-Form Design for Propulsion Type Change of Net Boat Mounted on Tuna Purse Seiner vol.24, pp.6, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2018.24.6.810