- Volume 51 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A study on the management performance of a set net fishery according to the blooming frequency of jelly fish Nemopliema nomurai in Yeosu
해파리 출현빈도에 따른 여수 정치망어업의 경영실적 고찰
- Song, Se Hyun (Division of Fisheries Resources and Environmental, Southwest Sea Fisheries Research Institute, NFRDI) ;
- Lee, Sang-Go (Division of Marine Business and Economics, Pukyung National University) ;
- Kim, Heeyong (Division of Fisheries Resources and Environmental, Southwest Sea Fisheries Research Institute, NFRDI)
- Received : 2014.10.14
- Accepted : 2015.02.18
- Published : 2015.02.28
According to the catch condition of Scomberomorus niphonius in autumn season affected greatly, the catch price for the set net fishery. Catch production and the selling price were relatively even except 2009 showing a great big blooming jellyfish of Nemopliema nomurai in 2008~2011. The fishing cost of the set net fishery in Yeosu has increased gradually by the decrease of catch production and unexpected environmental change like as jelly fish blooming. The increase of fishing cost diminished net income and caused a negative impact in profitability. The lowest Fisheries ratio of gross profit to gross costs the set net fishery were appeared 60.2% in 2010, respectively. Bycatch was highest in 2008 and lowest in 2009. In general, the bycatch was occurred from May to July every year and when Scomber japonicus was most dominant in the catch price by bycatch had a advantage in the profit side. However, the catch increase of immature small fishes by the bycatch, which will bring about the decrease of fisheries resources. Finally, the present state in set net fisheries will act as a defect on the long-term management of fisheries resources.
Set net;Daily sales slip catch data;Profitability;Nemopilema nomurai;Yeosu
Grant : 정치망어업 관리시스템 개발
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- Brodeur RD, Sugisaki H and Hunt Jr. 2002. Increases in jellyfish biomass in the Bering Sea: implications for the ecosystem. Mar Eco Prog Ser 233, 89-103. https://doi.org/10.3354/meps233089
- Chung MH, Youn SH and Yoon WD. 2012. Research trends of the jelly fish blooms. Jour Kor Soc Ocean 17, 25-31.
- FAO. 2005. Discard in the world's marine fisheries. FAO Fisherie technical paper 470, 131.
- Hwang SD, Kim JY, Kim JI, Kim ST, Seo YI, Kim JB, Kim YH and Heo SJ. 2006. Species composition using the daily catch data of a set net in the coastal waters off Yeosu, Korea. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 18, 223-233.
- Kawahara M, Uye S, Ohtsu K and Iizumi H. 2006. Unusual population explosion of the giant jellyfish Nemopilema nomurai (Scyphozoa: Rhizostomeae) in East Asian waters. Mar Eco prog ser 307, 161-173 https://doi.org/10.3354/meps307161
- Kim JS and Lee JH. 1996. A study on fishing efficiency and by-catch of small fish of winged stow net fishery. Jour Fish Mar Sci Edu 8, 92-107.
- Kim HK, Jang CS and Lee SR. 1998. A study on the managemental rationalization of set net. Jour Fish Mar Sci Edu 10, 184-210.
- Kim HY, Song SH, Lee SK, Kim JB, Yoo JT, Chang DS. 2013. Dominant causes on the catch fluctuation of a set net fishery in the mid-south sea of Korea. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 49, 250-260. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.49.3.250
- Kim KS and Kang YJ. 2010. An analysis of management performance of powered anchovy drag nets fishery since the year 2000. J Kor Fish Business Tech 30, 1-16.
- Matsuoka T. 2005. Cooperation in standardized researches on discards toward its estimation and reduction of wastage. The steering committee for fishing technology round table meeting for fishing technology, Kagoshima Japan 50, 1-3.
- Uye S. 2008. Blooms of the giant jellyfish (Nemopilema nomurai): a threat to the fisheries sustainability of the east asian marginal seas. Plankton Benthos Res 3, 125-131. https://doi.org/10.3800/pbr.3.125
- Xian W, Kang B and Liu R. 2005. Jellyfish blooms in the Yangtze esturary. Science 307, 41.
- Understanding the Migration Path of Spanish Mackerel Scomberomorus niphonius using Catch Distributions vol.49, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2016.0376