- Volume 51 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Age and Growth of Marbled sole, Pleuronectes yokohamae (Günther) in the southern waters of Korea
한국 남해안 문치가자미, Pleuronectes yokohamae (Günther)의 연령과 성장
- Received : 2014.10.11
- Accepted : 2015.02.16
- Published : 2015.02.28
The age and growth of the Marbled sole, Pleuronectes yokohamae were investigated using left sagittal otoliths of 832 individuals collected in the mid-southern waters of Korea from January 2006 to April 2007. The seasonal changes in the ratio of an translucent zone to interval between annular rings revealed that the boundaries between translucent and opaque parts of the otolith were annual growth rings formed between May and June once a year. The spawning period was November to March and therefore the duration from fertilization to the complete formation of the annual growth ring became fifteen months. The parameters of von Bertalanffy growth equations estimated using the average standard length at each age are the
Pleuronectes yokohamae;Marbled sole;Otolith;Age;Growth
- Chyung MK. 1986. The Fishes of Korea. Iljisa Pub Co Seoul, 727.
- Hoshino N, Yamaguchi H, Mihara Y and Maruyama S. 2012. Comparison between surface reading and cross-section method for age determination in the flathead flounder, Korean flounder, and scale-eye plaice in the Sea of Japan, off Hokkaido. Sci Rep Hokkaido Fish Res Inst 82, 1-7.
- Huh SH, Nam KM, Park JM, Jung JM and Baeck GW. 2012. Feeding habits of the Marbled flounder, Pleuronectes yokohamae in the coastal waters off Tongyeong, Korea. Korean J Ichthyol 24(2), 77-83.
- Kang YJ, Lee TY and Lee BD. 1985. Reproduction and population dynamics of Marbled sole Limanda yokohamae. 1. Population Dynamics. Bull Kor Fish Soc, 18(3), 261-265.
- Kim IO, Park CD, Cho SK, Kim HY and Cha BJ. 2010. Mesh selectivity of monofilament and multifilament nylon gill net for Marbled sole (Pleuronectes yokohamae) in the western sea of Korea. J Kor Soc Fish Technol 46(4), 281-291. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.4.281
- Kim IO, Park CD, Cho SK, Kim HY and Cha BJ. 2011. Relative efficiency of monofilament and multifilament nylon gill net for Marbled sole (Pleuronectes yokohamae) in the western sea of Korea. J Kor Soc Fish Technol 47(4), 290-299. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2011.47.4.290
- Kim IS and Youn CH. 1994. Taxonomic revision of the flounders (Pisces : Pleuronectiformens) from Korea. Kor J Ichthyol, 6(2), 99-131.
- Kim YH, Kang YJ and Bae IJ. 1991. Age and growth of Marbled sole Limanda yokohamae (GuNTHER). Kor J Ichthyol 3(2), 130-139.
- Kim YU, Myoung JG and Park JS. 1983. Eggs development and larvae of the Right-eye flounder, Limanda yokohamae Gunther. Bull Kor Fish Soc 16(4), 389-394.
- Kooka K, Takatsu T and Naga T. 2000. Age and growth of Marbled sole (Pleuronectes yokohamae) in the coastal waters of western Aomori prefecture, Japan Bull Fac Fish Hokkaido Univ 51(2), 121-126.
- Kume G, Horiguchi T, Goto A, Shiraishi H, Shibata Y, Morita N and Shimizu N. 2006. Seasonal distribution, age, growth, and reproductive biology of marbled sole Pleuronectes yokohamae in Tokyo Bay, Japan. Fish Sci 72, 289-298. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1444-2906.2006.01150.x
- Lee JH, Kodama K, Kume G, Oyama M, Katayama S, Takao Y and Horiguchi T. 2009. Comparison between surface-reading and cross-section methods using sagittal otolith for age determination of the marbled sole Pleuronectes yokohamae. Fish Sci 75, 379-385.(DOI:10.1007/s12562-009-0065-5) https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-009-0065-5
- Lee TY, Kang YJ and Lee BD. 1985. Reproduction and population dynamics of Marbled sole Limanda yokohamae. 1. Reproduction. Bull Kor Fish Soc 18(3), 253-261.
- Moon HT and Lee TW. 1999. Age and growth of juvenile Limanda yakohamae in the shallow water off Gaduc-do as indicated from microstructure in otoliths. Kor J Ichthyol 11(1), 46-51.
- Park JS and Simizu M. 1990. Age and growth of the Marbled sole Limanda yokohamae in Tokyo Bay, Japan. Bull Kor Fish Tech Soc 26(4), 309-316.
- Park JS. 1997. Age and growth of the Marbled sole, Pleuronectes yokohamae, in approaches to Kyongyolbiyolto of the Yellow Sea, Korea. Bull Kor Soc Fish Technol 33(2), 85-89.
- Seo YI, Joo H, Lee SK, Kim H, Ko JC, Choi MS, Kim JI and Oh TY. 2010. Maturity and spawning of marbled sole Pleuronectes yokohamae in the southern sea of Korea. Kor J Ichthyol 22(2), 83-89.
- Solomon G, Sano M, Simizu M and Nose Y. 1987. Age and growth of the Pleuronectid flounder Limanda yokohamae in Tokyo Bay, Japan. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi 53(5), 711-716. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.53.711
- Yusa T. 1960. Eggs and larvae of flatfishes in the coastal waters of Hokkaido-IV. Embryonic development of Mub Dab Limanda yokohamae Gunther. Bull Tohoku Reg Fish Res Lab 17, 15-30.
- Diet Patterns of the Marbled Flounder, Pseudopleuronectes yokohamae, in the Mid-Western Coast of Korea vol.4, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.17311/sciintl.2016.94.100
- Maturity and Spawning of the Marbled Flounder Pseudopleuronectes yokohamae off the Coast of Pohang, East Sea vol.49, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2016.0367
- Reconfirmation of age and growth of the pointhead flounder, Hippoglossoides pinetorum in the coastal waters of the East Sea off Gyeongbuk vol.53, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2017.53.4.363
- Age and growth of the Okhotsk atka mackerel, Pleurogrammus azonus in the coastal of Gangwon-do, East Sea vol.54, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFOT.2018.54.1.054
Grant : 남해 연안어업 및 환경생태 조사
Supported by : 국립수산과학원