- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Knowledge and attitude change towards radiation protection after radiation safety management education in dental hygiene students
치위생과 학생들의 학업관련 특성에 따른 방사선안전관리 교육 후 방사선 방어에 대한 지식과 태도의 변화
- Kim, Sung-Ae (Department of Dental Hygiene, Youngsan University) ;
- Lee, Ji-Young (Department of Dental Hygiene, Dongju College) ;
- Hwang, Se-Hyun (Department of Dental Hygiene, Youngsan University) ;
- Cho, Mi-Suk (Department of Dental Hygiene, Choonhae College of Health Science) ;
- Park, Jung-Hyun (Department of Dental Hygiene, Choonhae College of Health Science) ;
- Jung, Nam-Yeong (Department of Oral Health, Graduate School, Kosin University) ;
- Yu, Byeng-Chul (Department of Preventive Medicine, College of Medicine, Kosin University)
- 김성애 (영산대학교 치위생학과) ;
- 이지영 (동주대학교 치위생과) ;
- 황세현 (영산대학교 치위생학과) ;
- 조미숙 (춘해보건대학교 치위생과) ;
- 박정현 (춘해보건대학교 치위생과) ;
- 정남영 (고신대학고 보건대학원 구강보건학과) ;
- 유병철 (고신대학교 의과대학 예방의학교실)
- Received : 2014.09.03
- Accepted : 2015.01.26
- Published : 2015.02.28
Objectives: The purpose of the study is to investigate the knowledge and attitude towards radiation protection after radiation safety management education in dental hygiene students. Methods: After receiving informed consents, a self-reported questionnaire was carried out for 135 dental hygiene students in Busan on June 17 for preliminary survey and September 3 for post-education survey, 2011. The questionnaire was modified from Han and consisted of 5 questions of general characteristics, 6 questions of radiation use, 7 questions of scholastic characteristics, 15 questions of knowledge towards radiation safety management, and 15 questions of attitude towards radiation safety management. Cronbach's alpha was 0.808 in the knowledge towards radiation safety management. Attitude towards radiation safety management included 15 questions of general attitude towards radiation safety management, individual and patient, and attitude toward radiation exposure reduction measured by Likert 5 scale. Cronbach's alpha was 0.970 in the attitude towards radiation safety management. Data were analyzed using SAS version 9.2 for educational analysis, technical analysis and multivariate analysis, paired t-test, and GLM. Results: Significant differences were shown in the knowledge and attitudes towards radiation safety management; the level of knowledge was respectively
dental hygiene students;education for radiation safety management;knowledge and attitude towards radiation protection
- Jung HR, Lim CH, Lee MK. A review of personal radiation dose per radiological technologists working at general hospitals. Journal of Korean Society of Radiological Technology 2005; 28: 137-44, 2005.
- Rhim JD. A comparativ analysis of personnel awareness for the safety management rule in diagnosis-purpose radiation [Master's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Yonsei, 2000.
- Lee HH. Management on radiation exposure of radiological technologist working in medical facilities[Master's thesis]. Taegu: Univ. of Kyungpook National, 1991.
- Eom S, Kim KW. Factors to affect dental radiation safety management behaviors. J Dent Hyg Sci 2012; 12: 335-41.
- Kang EJ, Lee KH, Kim YI. A study of radiation safety management by dental hygienist. J Dent Hyg Sci 2005; 5: 105-12.
- Ahn GS, Kim HJ. Analysis of oral radiography practice. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2011; 11: 783-90.
- Jang JH, Hwang SL, Jung HR. The relationship between behavior of radiographic safety control and job stress in dental hygienist. J Dent Hyg Sci 2010; 10: 265-71.
- Lee KH. A study on radiation safety management by dental hygienist[Master's thesis]. Cheonan: Univ. of Dan-kook, 2004.
- Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute. Radiation damage defense. Daejeon: Nuclear training & Education Center; 2004: 1-33.
- Han EO. Survey and study on the safety management of radiation: centering on the radiation workers in medical institutions[Master's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Ewha Womans, 2002.
- Kim SJ. An inquiry into dental personnel's knowledge, attitude and behavior about the defense against dental radiation[Master's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Chung-Ang, 2003.
- Lee YA, Jo MJ. A study on performance of infection control in X-ray taking for dental hygiene student. J Dent Hyg Sci 2005; 5: 221-5.
- Jang JH, Lee HN, Lim CH. The effect of occupational exposure on quality of life in dental hygienists. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2010; 10: 717-25.
- Kim HS. Study on the knowledge, perception, and behavior about the protection of workers who have risk of radiation-exposure in hospital[Master's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Yonsei, 2001.
- Kim SS, Ko EK. Factors that affect satisfaction of education for dental hygiene students. J Dent Hyg Sci 2006; 6: 139-45.
- Relationship between educational satisfaction and learning participation in dental hygiene students vol.15, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.06.1091
- Knowledge, Attitude, and Education Needs of Radiation Protection Among Nursing Students and Nurses vol.16, pp.10, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.10.563
- Performance and related factors of radiation safety management in dental hygienists vol.16, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.02.215