- Volume 10 Issue 2
Face Recognition assumes much significance in the context of security based application. Normally, high resolution images offer more details about the image and recognizing a face from a reasonably high resolution image would be easier when compared to recognizing images from very low resolution images. This paper addresses the problem of recognizing faces from a very low resolution image whose size is as low as
Face recognition;Face super-resolution (SR);Relationship learning;Very low resolution(VLR)
- J. S. Park and S. W. Lee, “An example-based face hallucination method for single-frame , low-resolution facial images,” IEEE Trans. Image Process., vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 1806-1816, Oct. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2008.2001394
- W. Liu, D. Lin, and X. Tang, “Hallucinating faces: Tensorpatch super-resolution and coupled residue compensation,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf.Comput. Vision Pattern Recognit.,, 2005, pp. 478-484.
- Y. M. Lui, D. Bolme, B. A. Draper, J. R. Beveridge, G. Givens, and P.J. Phillips, “A meta-analysis of face recognition covariates,” in Proc.Int. Conf. Biometrics: Theory, Appl. Syst., 2009, pp. 1-8.
- X. Ma, J. Zhang, and C. Qi, “Hallucinating face by position-patch,” Pattern Recognit., vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 2224-2236, Jun. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patcog.2009.12.019
- W. W. Zou and P. C. Yuen, “Face superresolution,” in Emerging Topics in Computer Vision and its Applications, C. Chen, Ed. Singapore: World Scientific, 2011, ch. 2.
- P. H. Hennings-Yeomans, S. Baker, and B. Kumar, “Simultaneous super-reeolution and feature extraction for recognition of low-resolution faces,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Comput. Vis. Pattern Recognit., 2008, pp.1-8.
- C. Liu, H. Y. Shum, and W. T. Freeman, “Face hallucination: Theoryand practice,” Int. J. Comput. Vis., vol. 75, no. 1, pp. 115-134, Oct. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11263-006-0029-5
- D. Glasner, S. Bagon, and M. Irani, “Super-resolution from a single image,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Comput. Vis., 2009, pp. 349-356.
- M. Grgic, K. Delac, and S. Grgic, “SCface-surveillance cameras face database,” Multimedia Tools Appl. J., vol. 51, no. 3,, pp. 863-879,, Feb. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11042-009-0417-2
- K. Jia and S. Gong, “Generalized face super-resolution,” IEEE Trans. Image Process., vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 873-886, Jun. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2008.922421
- K. Kim and Y. Kwon, “Single-image super-resolution using sparse regression and natural image prior,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 1127-1133, Jun. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2010.25
- B. Li, H. Chang, S. Shan, X. Chen, and W. Gao, “Hallucinating facial images and features,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Pattern Recognit., 2008,
- H. Li, T. Jiang, and K. Zhang, “Efficient and robust feature extraction by maximum margin criterion,” IEEE Trans. Neural Netw., vol. 17, no .1, pp. 157-1665, Jan.2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNN.2005.860852
- C. Liu, “Capitalize on dimensionality increasing techniques for improving face recognition grand challenge performance,” IEEE TransPattern Anal. Mach. Intell., vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 725-737, May 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2006.90
- A. Georghiades, P. Belhumeur, annd D. Kriegman, “From few to many: Illumination cone models for face recognition under variable lighting and pose,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., vol. 23, no. 6 , pp. 643-660, Jun. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/34.927464
- S. Baker and T. Kanade, “Limits onn super-resoluution and how to break them,” IEEE Traans. Pattern AAnal. Mach. Inttell., vol. 24, no. 9, pp.1677-1183, Sep. 2002.
- A. Chakrabarti, A. N. Rajagopalan, and R. Chellappa, “Super-resolution of face images uusing kernel PPCA-based prior,” IEEE Trans. Multimedia, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 888-892, Jun. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMM.2007.893346
- G. Cristóbal, E. Gil, F.Šroubek, J. Flusser, C. Miravet, and F. Rodrıa-cute; guez, uperresolution imaging: A survey of current techniques,” in Proc. Adv. Signal Process. Algorithms, rchitectures, Implementations XVIII, 2008, vol. 7074, pp. 0C1-0C18.
- W. Freeman, E. Pasztor, and O. Carmichael, “Learning low-level vision,” Int. J. Comput. Vis., vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 25-47, Oct. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1026501619075
- W. Gao, B. Cao, S. Shan, X. Chen, D. Zhou, X. Zhang, and D. Zhao, “The CAS-PEAL large- scale Chinese face database and baseline evaluations,” IEEE Trans. Syst., Man, Cybern A, Syst., Humans, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 149-161, Jan. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMCA.2007.909557